What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beau Scott to the Knights

Devoted Dragon

Juniors
we had to lose some players at some time. Sure it sucks that Wayne is sort of going back on his word about leaving us in good shape/ and not pilfering our players ( words to that effect) But if it wasnt to drugscastle it was going to be lol@souffs or the scum, or the rorters, SOMEWHERE. they gotta go somewhere/SOMETIME. Scott is 28 ? he will be 32 in 4 years. let him join daddyslittleBOYd at the drugcastle. Aslong as we buy a few decent players and retain our youth we will be a force in the next 3-5 years. Just hope we improve on last night !!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Whatever happened to....."if they don't want to wear the red v, f*ck 'em".

If Scott and possibly King feel that way, unlike superstars like Merrin and Coops etc.....I don't want them playing for us. No one is irreplaceable.

Childish POV.

Some fans on here might find this hard to believe, but the world doesn't revolve around St George Illawarra.

Fingerbang

Bench
Childish POV.

Some fans on here might find this hard to believe, but the world doesn't revolve around St George Illawarra.
So you would be happy having to force guys who don't want to play for us, to do so......whatever makes you tick. I wouldn't, and fail to see how that is childish, actually.

Mr Fourex

Bench

cory-1.gif

TheRev

First Grade
The Red V is worth something, id hope its worth about 10% of a pay cut to stay put, but if the offer is high enough ofcourse they have to go... and Bennett has tremendous pulling power right now, plus the players already know him, but Newcastle only have so many dollars.

Im not dirty on Bennett like some of you though (I waited my lifetime for a premiership), and he has a new club now and he has to focus on making them a success, if we cant retain our own players, we need to look closer to home.

Father Ted

First Grade
Well stated......like yourself Ive racked up over 5 decades, but im not sure you get to keep the long term locals anymore , and that in itself detracts to a degree from the spirit of the club.....my view is that if you can secure some quality outsiders then that in itself attracts the talented home growns to stay...anyhow thats just my opinion

Yeah thats fair enough

Father Ted

First Grade
C'mon mate no need to be a smart arse, just calm down. Your happy to pay overs for an average talent? I know you're not stupid so I am not trying to be disrespectful I just don't think this is such a big deal. He hasn't played well for us for quite some time.

Fair enough Point taken . However I see your calling some bloke a F wit and a D head perhaps we both need to rein in our tempers hmmmmm. Nothing is helped by Saints people insulting each other

Gigolo

Juniors
Good decision Beau, you could see the writing on the wall and made a sound commercial decision. Drugcastle has a champion coach and a wealthy benefactor, the place has a future which cannot be said of Illawarra, even though Kevin Moore (Steve Price) will no doubt try very hard.

Good luck in the future mate

Creaghfish

Juniors
Gigolo suffers the same condition as many other Dogs fans after 2 rounds...Premature Evaluation.....they will be lucky to make the 8

country_dragon

Juniors
Well, just my five cents worth.. I am totally disgusted by the whole Beau Scott thing. Not that he hasn't got the right to play wherever he wants to - but the way in which it happened has to be stopped.
First, I had no idea he was going - but last weekend against Newcastle, as I was watching the game, I said to my son "gee, wonder what wrong with Scott - doesn't look like himself at all". I figured he must be injured or something.
Then, watching Saturdays game, the ease in which Josh Morris kept scoring tries, I was scratching my head - what the hell was wrong with him? I then heard the commentators reference to his move to Newcastle - so I jumped on the Net and read all about it. Suddenly it all fit in.
Well, in my opinion, if someone wants to go to another club - bloody let them go - don't waste time with them - as they obviously don't want to be there. It is kind of like breaking up with your Girlfriend/wife whatever.... you do it then - not, ah' gee, we should part ways, but like in 12 months time...
Makes me madder than hell - I don't recollect the Dragons playing that badly in a long, long time - Pricey said it was nothing to do with Scott., but how can't it be? Put yourself in a Red V - what would you be thinking? I know what I'd be doing - let him do a 'Tallis' and sit out the season and give someone that WANTS to play for the Dragons a go.
There... I feel better now :)

Dragons84

Juniors
Did anyone else notice during the doggies game, Soward(i think Soward was in dummy half) signalling to Scott to run around inside him and Scott ignored him and went the other way??

Dont know if it was the injury or what, but if Scott becomes a liability in defence and stops giving a shit about team mates he should be dropped.

Minh

First Grade
Scott is on the record saying he will give it his 100% best for the rest of the season. This could possibly be his last contract and he has to look after his finances and his family. He has given us many great memories and was part of that amazing team that brought such happiness to us Dragons fans in 2010. His brand of footy has always been very tough and uncompromising, and his man handling of other players is always entertaining. Good luck to Beau Scott.

If players are professional and the game is now a business, my question is why is Scott still with us?

In any other profession or business, if you sign with one of your competitors, you're out the door in a flash.

The other side of the coin is, that if Scott is a true professional, and NRL is a different beast to other 'businesses', he should give his all for us for the entire new season just started.

Unlike a few last year who seemed to clock off after signing elsewhere (Idris and Boyd come to mind).

Minh

First Grade
Doust stated that the Dragons simply could not match the money offered to Scott by Newcastle and is adamant that Scott would have stayed had we offered him the same deal. He also mentioned the reason we could not offer Scott more was because we had other priority signings in Morris, Merrin, Green and amongst the names mentioned as priorities was Cam King as well.

Latest posts