What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Penrith defence

Dogs Of War

Coach
From what I have seen of the Panther thus far, Cleary has taken a back to basic's approach. Get all the small things right, and then expand the game plan off that. Still think it's a rebuilding year for you guys, but a finals position is not out of reach. Next step is getting those juniors Gould has been talking about developed to be the next generation of Panthers.

Pantherjim.

Referee
And I for one, hope that Gus can at least get that right!

Not to mention; once they are identified as success stories from junior development, keep them at Penrith!

Did anyone see Matthew Elliott during the game in the Roosters coaching box? He looked absolutely perplexed as to how and why the Panthers were playing not only strongly all round but also a grinding performance. His facial expression was almost one of "wow, I never knew this boys could play like this...". Haha

Pantha-Boy

Juniors
Nathan Smith has really improved on his defence as a whole, I think he made 30 odd tackles against the dogs, definitely a standout for me.

roofromoz

First Grade
I see improvements already in 2 matches under Cleary. Attack still needs a bit more work, but it's the defence that has impressed me the most.