What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What the f**k was that?

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
After two games I think the area we have improved is how many meters the forwards are gaining. We seem to be able to get out of our own end ok. Unfortunately we don't sem to have improved in our last tackle options or our defence. Once again errors turning the ball over resulting in points to the opposition.

Good point, gaining metres up the middle has been looking easy when in the past it's been a struggle. It's the facepalm 5th tackle options that have me at my wits end!

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
well well well, seems a few here are finally starting to see the truth.I've been saying for quite a while that just maybe we DON"T have a team of superstars afterall, no what we have is a team of AVERAGE footballers with one or two exceptions.Overpaid overinflated lilly livered girls is what we have.Someone here once was comparing taylor to Bob Mcarthy, jesus h christ give me a break, what an insult to the great man that is.Bob could play football you know, i don't know what taylor does but he's not even on the same page.asotasi is well and truly past it and the rest just parade around for the money.Let me tell you fellas, you're not doing yourself any favours by playing like girls you know.Put South Sydney aside, you've only got a limited lifespan as a footballer and if silly souths don't renew your contracts no one else is going to want to sign cream puffs.You can't blame the coach, you can't blame the club, the fact of the matter is that the majority of our squad are very average players who are disrespecting a wonderful jersey.Better to give our juniors a go, we might not win games but we're used to that, at least we would have kids who would actually give their all on the field.

Phil_22

Juniors
I was in Melbourne for the weekend and went to the game with a mate who supports you blokes.

A couple of key observations that I noticed from being there live is this.

1. Dave Taylor was very lazy of the ball, I'm not sure if it's a fitness issue or an attitude issue but he did not put in for you blokes....

2. Issac Luke should be playing every minute of the game, he straightens up your attack and gets you going forward.

3. There was little to no talk and not organization, Reynolds was quiet as was sutton.

4. Talanoa already been said to death.....

5. You make way to may mistakes, need to improve your 5th tackle options and complete more sets.

The positives

1. Sam Burgess is awesome, great player

2. Issac Luke changed the game with his introduction.

3. Matt King looks lively, he made some great defensive efforts and genuine in attitude.

Good luck for the rest of the season, the souths supporters down there did well.

Cheers,

Phil

hunters

Juniors
well well well, seems a few here are finally starting to see the truth.I've been saying for quite a while that just maybe we DON"T have a team of superstars afterall, no what we have is a team of AVERAGE footballers with one or two exceptions.Overpaid overinflated lilly livered girls is what we have.Someone here once was comparing taylor to Bob Mcarthy, jesus h christ give me a break, what an insult to the great man that is.Bob could play football you know, i don't know what taylor does but he's not even on the same page.asotasi is well and truly past it and the rest just parade around for the money.Let me tell you fellas, you're not doing yourself any favours by playing like girls you know.Put South Sydney aside, you've only got a limited lifespan as a footballer and if silly souths don't renew your contracts no one else is going to want to sign cream puffs.You can't blame the coach, you can't blame the club, the fact of the matter is that the majority of our squad are very average players who are disrespecting a wonderful jersey.Better to give our juniors a go, we might not win games but we're used to that, at least we would have kids who would actually give their all on the field.
No, that better describes some of the supporters we have. I suppose you too will hand in your membership if we ever lose another game! We lost against Melbourne, in Melbourne, after being even for a great portion of the game. And yes, the week before was disappointing but of course you forget we dominated for 78 minutes.

Yes, there are some tweaks we need but FFS step away from the gap! There are 20 something rounds to go.

Bundy Rabbit

Juniors
No, that better describes some of the supporters we have. I suppose you too will hand in your membership if we ever lose another game! We lost against Melbourne, in Melbourne, after being even for a great portion of the game. And yes, the week before was disappointing but of course you forget we dominated for 78 minutes.

Yes, there are some tweaks we need but FFS step away from the gap! There are 20 something rounds to go.

Been hearing you song for the past 41 years mate. Did we win???? Make all the excuses you like i've heard em all.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Please drop Talanoa - he was the main difference between the teams. Melbourne has all NRL standard players and we had one NSW Cup player.

I hope Merritt is back from injury for the next game.

Rumors about Finch coming to a NRL club. Well if only for one season he maybe an option.

Two games into the season and it doesn't look too bright.

Zigwaa

Bench
Alarm bells should be ringing, we've played 5 games this year including trials and still not won.

I think the team is doing the bare minimum to win the game which is not good enough. This was particularly the case against the Roosters, we had ample opportunities to land the killer blow but were content with protecting an 8 point lead.

Agree Talanoa should not be seen again this season unless there are injuries.

Sutton is a ball running 5/8 but needs to learn he has better ball runners outside him and to give them early ball. FFS there are 2 of the most damaging runners in the game in Taylor and Inglis and he continure to crab across field and give them late ball. It's a no brainer to give it earlier.

Latest posts