What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Watmough the worst in the game at playing the ball?

Grapple

Bench
Does he just forget what direction he's facing or what? I can't think of anyone worse...To his credit though, he does usually touch the ball with his boot.

DeeJ

Bench
Thaiday is pretty bad as well. He consistently gets penalised for knocking it on during the play the ball.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The 2 most annoying play-the-ballerers (yes, that's a word) is Jason Ryles & Greg Bird.

Ryles puts the ball with one hand & uses the leg of the same side the roll the ball back. It's the most awkward thing to watch. Though it must be said, I can't recall him knocking on.

Greg Bird is like a fish who's just been reeled out of the water. Every time he's tackled he appeals for a penalty & wastes a second or 2 playing-the-ball. He pulled this stupid look for that ugly face of his. Something like this:

11_16vj23e-16vj24b.jpg

firechild

First Grade
He wouldn't be far off the worst. He manages to play the ball directly towards his own try line but his body faces the wrong way. On top of that he fumbles it too regularly. He tries too hard to get a quick play the ball, often it pays off but when it doesn't it puts a lot of pressue on the team.

Grapple

Bench
That Greg Bird picture is amazing. "Aqua-man!"

Watmough is a maniac

He is. But he's fun to watch... I've also noticed that he's perfected the "hands in the air help the ref" thing. A man of many talents (or not).

bottle

Coach
Watmong is simply looking to the coaches box for instructions on how to be a good play-the-ballerer (you're right GKD, that is a word). He has short term memory issues.

RWB

Bench
Mitch Rein would give him a run, probably give him a run for thickest player in the game too atm.

Manu was trying hard to feck up the PTBs the other night. As if he doesn't have enough trouble with errors as it is. I guess we should be grateful he at least got to the point of playing the ball.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Civoniceva has to be coached through it every time he does it.
i havent seen petero touch the ball with his foot in 10 years. every time he "plays" it i expect the refs to blow a penalty

lol@ that greg bird pic

Danny-Boy

Juniors
It doesn't help that he has butter fingers. Gets me nervous everytime he gets tackled and then goes to play the ball.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Does he just forget what direction he's facing or what? I can't think of anyone worse...To his credit though, he does usually touch the ball with his boot.
Playing the ball is the least of his problems, he is just a bad human being!!!

Packy

Bench
I would like to nominate Brad Thorn.. that is of course if he ever climbs off the ground after being tackled.

oval

Juniors
Playing the ball is the least of his problems, he is just a bad human being!!!

I've seen him around the Northern Beaches many a time. A couple of times he was with his kids at restaurants and he was obviously a loving father. I've also seen him at various pubs on a fair few occasions and he has been friendly and jovial - I've never personally witnessed any bad vibes from him at all (off the footy field at least).

So a bad human being? Compared with who? You?