What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

ashton

Juniors
ROUND FOUR REP RESULTS

Penrith Panthers took on Illawarra in Round 4 of the representative season at WIN Stadium.
Harold Matthews:

Penrith 24 Illawarra 14
Junior League Patrons Man of the Match: Soni Luke

S.G. Ball
Penrith 24 Illawarra 10
Junior League Patrons Man of the Match: Bryce Cartwright

Round 5 - Saturday 10 March Centrebet Stadium with Penrith taking on North Sydney.
Harold Matthews kicks off at 12.00pm and SG Ball at 1.30pm.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-91-0-0-0&sID=62027

cmtf

Juniors
Have been told that Christian is still 3 weeks away from training. sound like recovery has taken longer than first thought. but also Shane Coppins has a back injury, did not play on Saturday, hope it is not a bad injury.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Watched those videos last night.

Rob is just an awesome talent.

Looking forward to getting out to tomorrow's games.

San

Juniors
Harold Matts Coaching staff and the players are doing a great job in my opinion. The amount of quality players and depth in this team is tops but just not in this team in the age group. Look at western Sydney also a lot of penrith juniors unlucky in last two games. I've been to watch a few games this year and to see the comments of whows who in this team.It taken some time for me to figger out from the program to who started and this is why I said the coaching staff and players are doing a great job the depth in this team in not starting or playing some of there top in form players giving some players to find some form. Thing is every team in this comp and every rep comp from here on HM & SG Ball so on evey team you play should never be taken lightly in watching this game I myself was on the end of the seat ,Robert outstanding halves to,the forwards had to go forward and wings defused it 18 Blake did spark a frenzy of try's in all all players played well , well enough to win. Boys stick with it have faith train hard penrith future looks good ps penrith look after these young men as any one of these player can start in any team.
SGBall taking the ruthless aproch just about a faultless display of rugby league.Very entertaining to watch class all over the park and shows of indivegall brilliance.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I knew SG Ball will take some time but they look like they are finally starting to gel as a team.

As players have come from all parts it was always going to be a few Rounds before they click. Now it appears each individual is understanding their role in the team. More importantly they are identifying the strengths of their team mates. This lead to some spectacular tries on Saturday. Was truly amazing to watch.

Matts clicked almost straight away as combinations developed through the Junior ranks as many of the team have come from St Marys and Minchinbury.

cmtf

Juniors
Just heard that Shane Coppins is gone for the rest of the rep season. He has a lower back problem & has been told to have complete rest for a few weeks, then can start rehab. hope he comes back next year bigger & stronger.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Just heard that Shane Coppins is gone for the rest of the rep season. He has a lower back problem & has been told to have complete rest for a few weeks, then can start rehab. hope he comes back next year bigger & stronger.

That is a real shame for the kid. I thought he added plenty of the bench in the games he played.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
HM were dominant. Never let the Magpies get into the contest. Stamped their authority early through front rowers Clark and Hala.

Wests had numerous sets on our line in the second half and couldn't crack us. We have now conceded just 28 points in the first 6 rounds.

That was only Wests second loss for the year so they weren't exactly easy beats.

Jack Nelson had an awesome game. One of the best young defensive centres i have seen at HM level. He has stopped numerous tries with strong goal line defence so far this year.

Robert Jennings made a half break or a line break with nearly every touch. They couldn't contain him on Saturday.

Front row rotation was again strong. Epere got more minutes than usual and was excellent.

I thought Collins played a very clever game at Hooker. He seems to have wrapped up the Number 9 Jersey with Issac Harrison as the back up.

We could have won by more but it started to shower for the last 10-15 mins and we got a bit sloppy.

SG Ball rested Watene-Zelezniak and Lavaka, our most dangerous backs.

We were just flat the whole game. Wests had only won one game before Saturday and our boys looked complacent. Very lazy defence on the goal line.

Thankfully we rallied in the second half and just snuck away with it. Hopefully this was a wake up call to the boys and they switch on from here on, regardless of the opposition.

Cooper is starting to look really good at halfback. His defence is very good for a little bloke too. I thought he was probably our best on Saturday.

Last edited:

ashton

Juniors
Penrith Panthers took on the Western Suburbs Magpies at Campbelltown Stadium in Round 6 of the representative season with the following results:
Harold Matthews:
Penrith 28 Western Suburbs 0
Junior League Patrons Man of the Match: Cameron Collins
S.G. Ball
Penrith 26 Western Suburbs 24
Junior League Patrons Man of the Match: Matthew Lodge
Round 7 will see the Penrith Panthers take on the Cronulla Sharks.

cmtf

Juniors
I was told today that Peter Tiatia from H.M. has broken his lower leg. An injury from saturdays game. He is gone for the rest of the rep season. Very sad to hear.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Huge shame that Tiatia won't be a part of the Finals series.

When the stretcher was knocked back on Saturday and henwalked off with the trainers I thought he might be OK.

Kilkenny

Coach
Matts were very, very lucky to salvage a 14all draw after being behind all match until levelling in dying minutes. This was against a Raiders outfit who were 1-6 going into the game. Sure it was extremely warm out there but we will have to improve on today to seriously threaten in the semi's.

The Ball will be happy with the two points considering the Raiders led 18-0 after ten minutes. You would have put your house on the Raiders as they looked likely to score everytime they got in our half. Somehow we turned it around and actually went in 20-18 up at HT. Just did enough in the second half to take it out comfortably in the end 36-28. The impressive fullback got another couple, Cartwright got one, the second rower 11 got one wont even both trying to spell his name. Not sure who got the other two as it was hard to concentrate in the searing heat with no shade. The little grandstand was packed and couldnt get near it. Ended on a sour note for the Panthers losing there half back who was stretchered off with five to go with what looked like a pretty serious leg injury. I think we scored seven tries in all as the five eighth missed a few tough kicks from wide out.

ashton

Juniors
Has anyone got a match report on the penrith junior rep sides from yesterday?
Standouts, injuries, rested player, try scorers etc

franklin2323

Immortal
Has anyone got a match report on the penrith junior rep sides from yesterday?
Standouts, injuries, rested player, try scorers etc

Ball lost 26-18. Stig scored 2. Watene-Zeleniak scored the other. Matts won 26-6. Ennis, Chrichton, Luke, Aunese, Elboustani scored. Against Bulldogs

Latest posts