What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Cowboys!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just wanted to say a big thank you to the Cowboys for their work in Perth over the last week. As a RL outpost it can be a struggle to get the game in the media but the Cowboys have been brilliant this week running media interviews, putting on clinics for kids in Perth and generally being excellent at promoting the game. They ran an open session for fans and spent a long time mixing with the kids and signing autographs. JT was a great ambassador for the club and our game and I never once saw him ignore a fan or refuse to sign a hat or jersey for a Cowboys fan.

The WARL did a tremendous job in hosting them and put them in in great accomodation right opposite Sorrento Beach which I know they loved.

Hope to see you back in Perth some time soon and look forward to visiting Townsville when the WA Reds are back in the comp!

Ianc

Juniors
Hear Hear! The Boys do a lot of work in the community in Townsville & surrounding towns.

I hope you guys get a chance to see the boys live once a year in the NRL.

Talanexor

Juniors
Neil Henry has a soft spot for Perth - that's where he began his coaching career.

8000 odd for a trial match between two out-of-town clubs, in a city with a strong AFL following is a great result. Puts most Sydney clubs to shame - they were getting about 5-6K along to their games.

Great work by WA league fans. Can't wait to see the Reds back in first grade.

Swamp

Juniors
I was quite surprised by the amount of Cowboys support at the game. I wouldn't have thought that they were as least as popular as the Dragons. Anyway, good game, great atmosphere & glad the footy season is upon us. Next stop Bunnies v Broncos, then hopefully an annoucement about expansion.

beave

Coach
The mines in WA have a lot of expat NQ people working there. I was this close to being able to attend the game, I was a day late in getting to Perth so was spewing big time about it!! Love the lack of humidity in the place, you don't realise how rubbish our summers are in NQ at times.

grouch

First Grade
Nice work Cowboys.

No thank you thread in the St George forum, though? Got something against them Perth Red? They did all those things and have been a continual advocate of rugby league in the region - it's their 3rd pre-season visit in 4 years

Desert Qlder

First Grade
They're pretty good at this sort of thing North Queensland. The players were fantastic in Central Aus last year.

The club is definitely the favourite amongst locals in that community.

mr wiggles

Juniors
I also went down to the cowboys open training session at North Beach and was impressed, it was great to see the players mingling with the fans (during and after the session). Tariq Sims finished up pretty early compared to the rest and the first thing he did was head straight into the crowd and start signing gear and have pictures taken.

When everyone finally made their way over to Thurston it was a bit quiet, I think the perth NRL fans were a bit star struck (I was as well).

Unfortunately I haven't been to any of the St-George sessions so can not give any feedback, but overall the week was great for the game and got some exposure.