What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R3 | Fri | Dragons 36-12 Tigers | WIN Jubilee

Round 3 result: Dragons v Tigers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
f**k I enjoyed that! :D

p.s. Beau knows headaches. A worthy recipient of a cheap shot if ever there was one. :p

Rocket

Juniors
Congrats to the Dragons on avoiding signing Moltzen, pathetic, overrated, pea heart passenger.

And to think if Lui had just kept his hands to himself you blokes wouldn't have kept poor Timmy.

Robert Lui, the gift that just keeps on giving!

Spot On

Coach
Blair.... FFS

Whatever we're paying that hack is about 3 times what he's worth.

I just never saw why this bloke was so highly rated by some. And so far nothing has changed my mind. He had a monster game in the GF v Parra years ago, but really he is a run of the mill backrower and not worth the $$$ he is getting. Good player yes, far from great though.

beads6

First Grade
I tipped the Tigers thought they should win considering the Dragons had a few injuries. Tigers are Premiership favourites well not for much longer.

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Loved the look of the Dragons last night. Methodical carve up of a Tigers team lacking that punch in the forwards (understandable when missing Galloway and Ellis). I have the Dragons as a top four team, apart from the hiccup vs Canterbury, I see no reason for concern in them securing a spot there.

Brett Morris at fullback was sensational! Price has to look at that as a permanent move. Morris was absolutely brilliant. Soward was very good as was just about the whole 17 for the Dragons.

The Tigers have cause for concern. Sure they will get some players back and yes they will improve though I am not sold on Tim Moltzen in the seven jersey. Never was, never will be. This side looks a lot like Brisbane at times in terms of being lost waiting on individual brilliance to come up with something as opposed to working for a result (something the Dragons do as good as anyone).

On the refs: wow - inconsistency much? It's becoming a plight on our game. Enough said.

gronkathon

First Grade
Congrats to the Dragons

On the wrong side of the penalty count but thats the beauty of playing home games at suburban grounds.

Sheens use of the interchange bench and forward rotation is utterly confounding.

Farah played his guts out for a third week with a broken nose and this week a munted hand. He really is a great leader even if he makes some bad decisions, he at least has an excuse as he actually busts his gut for 80 minutes.

Hunt is a massive difference to the Saints side

Oh well on to next week and a better forward pack to try and handle from Canberra

Punk in Drublic

Juniors
God that was a satisfying win! Great night out at Kogarah, the atmosphere was electric.

A few thoughts:

* Our forwards carved up, Weyman in particular
* Brett Morris was an absolute machine at FB. Definitely looks like a long term option there. Our whole team looked so much better for it.
* It was great to see the Dragons hit back after last week and silence the doubters. Can't believe how many ppl were writing us off after round 2
* Beau Ryan had another great game for the tigers. As much a it surprises me to say it, he is playing great footy. I hope he keeps it up, he's a funny bastard and I like him.
* Benji and Farah were largely ineffective the whole game. The tigers forwards were getting smashed and they didn't have the go forward to capitalize.
* The tigers did a Dragons round 2. They are a very good team and I wouldn't look too much into this. They really miss Ellis and Keith though

MacDougall

First Grade
Blair seems to be a very bad fit for the Tigers. He seems to rely on his teammates being committed to tackles to clean up when he falls off but the Tigers are notorious for the opposite.

Rodent

Bench
Blair's failed shoulder charge on Merrin led directly to the Fien try which in turn was followed up by the Hornby try. 2 tries in the last 3 minutes of the first half. Blair's ego cost the Tigers the game in that 1 play.

MacDougall

First Grade
Yeah he needs to come to terms with the fact that he doesn't have the strict Storm defense around him to make him look better.

He has been found out which I am not surprised the Tigers get rid of Fafita and Gibbs for this guy who is little more than a want a be thug shows the club is heading in the wrong direction.

Then Ellis announces he is leaving by far the best forward you have next to heighington that really has to hurt Woods and Groat are still learning but will be good in the future but Fulton is dead set crap.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Groat shouldn't be in first grade, Fulton was shopped around last year and no one wanted him, there's a reason for that. Heighington is just an average first grader

Without Ellis our forward pack is very weak, missing galloway too makes it one of the worst in the comp.

Losing Dwyer has really hurt the plan for our pack, next year without Ellis I really fear for us.

Where is Armageddon? Not in here spinning his crap about the Sharks. Butthurt farkwit!

To quote him " Losing hurts?"

Get use to it buddy, moltzen and Blair will lead you down the table quick smart on that performance!

thommo4pm

Coach
Great win by our boys.
Very satisfied with a terrific and dominant effort.

Now to back it up next week against Manly.

Would like to point out that I called it on the second page ;-) .

This is my post:

Tigers gonna get smashed...

Benj & Farah haven't had terrible games in a while, so they're due.

After how terrible the dragons played against us, they should come out fired.

Albeit Benji was concussed for most of the game, he and Farrah still had terrible games.

Just on the Dragons, thats the first time in a couple of years that I actually enjoyed watching them play(not including last week:p), their attack was very shark and they really turned up for each other in defence. They really didn't look like a wayne bennett coached team.

Oh and Morris is a freak, if they don't keep him fullback they're farked.