What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Burts

Yet again we get to see some nuffy who we let go years ago run rings around our 245 game club legend whose position in the team is borderline untouchable.

He is useless. But due to his standing as a person, and attributes as a great clubman, the moment Kearney drops this under performing , unenthusiastic, uncommited muppet the Rugby League world comes down on the decision like a tonne of bricks.

Scoring 24 points in a reserve grade game where he kicks 8 from 14 shows these same people that our friend Burt is indeed a first grade quality player who has been hard done by? right?

Ive said it for years on here, and been shot down for years, but he is the poster boy for the shit that is the Parramatta Eels. he should be our new mascot. He's a world beater when we're on top & when things are going our way, but he is worthless when the game or conditions aren't favourable. He puts 1000x more effort into scoring a try then he does attempting to stop one, and he cruises along doing just enough to hold his spot. The young outside backs at the club are learning their trade under this type of losing culture.

I genuinely feel sorry for Kearney and the poisition he's in here. I hope he stands his ground and makes these hard calls which are CLEARLY whats best for the team going forward.

& before the defenders come out, i realise he wasnt the reason why we lost the game last night. But he is playing a big role in the culture thats developed at this club which is a shit losing one.

oldmancraigy

Coach
That's probably why he was dropped last week.

If you think there's a better backup winger at the club, by all means let us know. But with Hayne out [and our club not having won a game in 3 years without Hayne] then I can think of worse things to do than whack Burt back on the wing for a couple of games.

I reckon Burt is past it BUT I reckon he actually had a dig last night. And of late he hasn't been having a dig.
Sure, his tackle attempt on Graham was impotent, but there wasn't actually too much else he did wrong. And he actually hopped in at dummy half and made some meterage in the middle [which he usually avoids like the plague]

On a bad night, he wasn't our worst. Can't see who else we have to hold down the wing spot until Hayne returns????

strider

Post Whore
untouchable = dropped, only returning due to injury and pushed to the wing in favour of a rising junior .... yeah makes perfect sense to me - so I didn't bother reading the rest of the crap

Gronk

Staff member
Lukey will play plenty of Wenty this and get a gig in FG when needed.

New scapegoat is required.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Yet again we get to see some nuffy who we let go years ago run rings around our 245 game club legend whose position in the team is borderline untouchable.

He is useless. But due to his standing as a person, and attributes as a great clubman, the moment Kearney drops this under performing , unenthusiastic, uncommited muppet the Rugby League world comes down on the decision like a tonne of bricks.

Scoring 24 points in a reserve grade game where he kicks 8 from 14 shows these same people that our friend Burt is indeed a first grade quality player who has been hard done by? right?

Ive said it for years on here, and been shot down for years, but he is the poster boy for the shit that is the Parramatta Eels. he should be our new mascot. He's a world beater when we're on top & when things are going our way, but he is worthless when the game or conditions aren't favourable. He puts 1000x more effort into scoring a try then he does attempting to stop one, and he cruises along doing just enough to hold his spot. The young outside backs at the club are learning their trade under this type of losing culture.

I genuinely feel sorry for Kearney and the poisition he's in here. I hope he stands his ground and makes these hard calls which are CLEARLY whats best for the team going forward.

wow!..whilst I don't think at full strength he should be in first grade to basically blame our left winger for the loss makes me believe that you need to get over this pure hatred for him..

he shouldn't be in first grade but that doesn't mean he's not and always will be a club legend, get over it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
& before the defenders come out, i realise he wasnt the reason why we lost the game last night. But he is playing a big role in the culture thats developed at this club which is a shit losing one.

rightio, just noticed that second post... did you know he's off contract at the end of the year, if we renew that contract for next year maybe then there's ground to post the rant.

Burt wasn't solely to blame for what was served up last night. The whole team Were a disgrace.
This will be Burt's last year at Parra and maybe Hindys too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Burt wasn't solely to blame for what was served up last night. The whole team Were a disgrace.
This will be Burt's last year at Parra and maybe Hindys too.

it's just easy to blame Burt, 2 years ago, these pelicans had no arguement suddenly they use him as a scapegoat when the other 16 appear to get off without a mention..

mind you, his defensive lapse on Ash Grahams first try was cringe worthy..

The Eels Shed

Juniors
No agenda, writings been on the wall for a while now. Refuses to put his body on the line in defence and his occasional darts from dummy half no longer warrants his selection. Great servant to the eels, but time to go.

Graham arm grab was disgusting. But that moment summed up our whole teams effort.

The whole team need to have a hard look at themselves. Fans pay their hard earned to keep them keep players employed. They owe it to the fans to have a go!!

Eels Dude

Coach
Burt actually made some good metres last night. He took advantage of the wet by running from dummy half and diving early into the tackle so he could slide forward and grab a few extra metres.

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Without doubt the best post I have read in a while on here. Parramatta fans do not want him in the side anymore.

Burt yet again was a big reason why we lost

This thread should be stickied.

Forget about the fact that Burt almost single-handedly held up Taumolololololo...

Anyone who think Burt was anywhere near the worst player on the field last night is an idiot.

Sandow and Roberts offered us what, exactly?

Last night Roberts missed two one-on-ones that led directly to tries. He did the same last week. Yet Burty needs to be crucified.

Seriously, this place is full of idiots.

Latest posts