What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow- Uninterested and unfit

natheel

Coach
Sk need to vary up the attack. Allow them to offload more! Still be disciplined in defense but we have too many players that are suited to an ad lib style of play and the 3 main playmakers are apart of that

Hayne - best running off forwards shoulders (can create something from nothing)
Roberts - flashy player like hayne needs his forwards to offload more so he has room to move
Sandow - like Roberts

Last night I saw one play allgood got turned over to go down in the tackle and had the ball free with Burt behind waiting but he almost offloaded but there was something that made him say not too.

duck_dodgers

Juniors
Chris Sandow looks great in a highlights package on Foxsports News

unfortunately the game of Rugby League goes for 80 minutes and not 80 seconds .

it's not definitive indicator of a footballer , however , I was checking out the fantasy points during the game & at about halftime , Sandow was on -2 .

and the funny thing is , Sandow's impact/involvement is better than Ben Roberts .

oh well , going to be a long 4 years , eels fans .

Chris Sandow looks great in a highlights package on Foxsports News

unfortunately the game of Rugby League goes for 80 minutes and not 80 seconds .

it's not definitive indicator of a footballer , however , I was checking out the fantasy points during the game & at about halftime , Sandow was on -2 .

and the funny thing is , Sandow's impact/involvement is better than Ben Roberts .

oh well , going to be a long 4 years , eels fans .
we were piss weak right across the park why is it all sandow's fault?

Commodore

Juniors
Sandow is our best so far this year, mind you not hard coming off a low performance base, to be competative we need Hayne, Fui, Hindy or we are going to struggle. We have no depth, we are yet to play a full game with all 3 yet. There is hope? I hope!

duck_dodgers

Juniors
we were piss weak right across the park why is it all sandow's fault?

did I say it was ?

but it's more the recruitment of Sandow that is at fault not Sandow himself . He had a better roster at Souths and couldn't guide them to the semis why would he do it at Parra ? Now he's at Parra for 4 years taking a large slice of cap space .

Actually the recruitment / retention in general at Parra has sucked balls massively for a number of years .

Incredible the amount of ex Eels who scored/setup tries this weekend

Graham 3 tries
Wright 2 tries
Matteo 1
Maloney 1
Mortimer 1
Reddy 1

Tony Williams has been on fire and will probably cross the stripe tomorrow too .

I don't think any other club can boast a team of expats doing better elsewhere .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think any other club can boast a team of expats doing better elsewhere .

That's because up until 2005 we had a great development program. The salary cap meant that we had to lose a lot of those players. Same as other big development clubs like Brisbane and Melbourne. The NRL is also full of ex-Broncos and Storm players.

oh FFS - his kicking was great at the start of the game .... the entire team was f**king woeful - don't lump shit on him
we didn't buy him for his defense - if people can't accept he will miss some tackles then they are gonna be disappointed

Lucky you didn't buy him for his defence.

Most missed tackles in the NRL for something like 4 seasons running.

He was a good player for Souths you f**king nitwit. That's why we paid him $400k a year.

That's why Souths fans were livid when you lost the battle to keep him.

Some maybe, but not me, I was happy to see him go.

Everyone was saying the difference between this year and last year was Sandow. It proves there's much more to it than that. I think he's tried hard this year. But it was disappointing seeing him go for a potential intercept at one point where they raced away to score a long range try because of the gap it created.

Get used to it. He almost never maintains his place in the defensive line.

Too busy trying to be the hero.

Then you should be happy he's gone and have Reynolds
It's a win win

Absloutely wrapt, he's the most selfish player I have ever seen.

the dude

Juniors
they have played 10 minutes together :lol: so its not the coach's fault there , and im not a big defender of kearney , hayne just needs to get on the park

Thats exactly what I said... "if you can get a coach that can work with sandow - AND hayne stays healthy.."

God-King Dean

Immortal
He was the biggest enigma to ever wear the Souths jersey, and that's saying something because we also have Sutton. Great one minute, terrible the next. But his brilliance always comes from individualistic, risky plays. That's why he excelled with Lang, but was poor under the structure of Jason Taylor. He never directed our team around, that was left to Sutton and you'd always see our structure completely break down when Sutton got injured. Sandow has NFI about this aspect of the game. It doesn't help that on top of that he leaked points like a broken faucet

I honestly think he'd do much better with a disciplined five-eight calling the shots. Someone like Maloney for instance

I said the same thing when he signed with Parra. Very selfish player. Jayne is in the same mold. I thought them being the same team would either be lethal or a disaster. Time will tell.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I heard Sandow played with a hamstring injury last week. If true maybe that explains his lack of running. Also if true - when are the club going to learn that making this kind of information available avoids this kind of unnecessary criticism ?

TheParraboy

Staff member
I heard Sandow played with a hamstring injury last week. If true maybe that explains his lack of running. Also if true - when are the club going to learn that making this kind of information available avoids this kind of unnecessary criticism ?

umm... probably gain greater criticism for playing a bloke with a hamstring injury. particularly if it gets worse.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
These are the two selfish players who were both in the top ten for try assists last year?

Now now Poupsy, no coming in here with your so-called "stats"!!

No-one wants facts to get in the way of their emotional arguments here. People want to be able to bag out the guy who selfishly carved his way through the defence of the Warriors, past the amazingly dedicated effort of that valuable purchase and team player Feleti Mateo! I mean, c'mon, how selfish was that! Not to mention when he had the nerve to smash the Warriors barnstorming centre, pick up the ball and then TOTALLY f**kING HOG IT by scoring another try!!! What a wanker!