What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Junior Reps Harold Matthews & SG Ball

Dragons61

Juniors
North Sydney 18 Cronulla 8 in the Harold Matts - well done to the bears on their first win of the season - as for Cronulla - they were disgraceful. I can't believe how bad they have been this year after showing some real potential in all their trials. They continue to play one out football in the forwards with the backs seeing very little quality ball. They lack players in key positions who can make the right decisions when they have the ball. They bomb tries by not passing to unmarked support players and some of the players appear to be playing for themselves rather than for the benefit of the team.

They have won one game yet continue with players who are not up to it. If there are not wholesale changes this week I will be shocked if a number of parents who's boys are not getting a go do not front the coaching staff. There are 2 forwards who are selected every week who are not up to it - and the all the players in the squad know they are not up to it - yet are selected every week - it seems the coaches think size is more important than ability

Once again - well done to the Bears - they deserved their win

As for Cronula - a very disappointing year

Panther_Daz

Staff member
North Sydney 18 Cronulla 8 in the Harold Matts - well done to the bears on their first win of the season - as for Cronulla - they were disgraceful. I can't believe how bad they have been this year after showing some real potential in all their trials. They continue to play one out football in the forwards with the backs seeing very little quality ball. They lack players in key positions who can make the right decisions when they have the ball. They bomb tries by not passing to unmarked support players and some of the players appear to be playing for themselves rather than for the benefit of the team.

If Cronulla don't fix these issues up next week they could be belted by 50+ against Penrith. That is assuming Penrith don't use the match to rest a few of their players.

gronkathon

First Grade
Tigers lost the Matts in a tight one with about 55 seconds left on the clock. A draw would have been a fitting result for the game but congrats to the Dragons, in particular their forwards in the last 8 minutes.

Balmain SG Ball really played some great structured football and pulled the Saints apart. Alot of out wide attempts reduced Moses's goal kicking percentage but by far their most measured game of the season. They actually didn't start slowly for once

Scorcher

Juniors
Balmain SG scored 4 tries in the first 10 minutes i think it was 4 tries from the first 6 sets, the start to this game was exceptional. No dropped balls and the passing and depth was terrific with the majority of the tries from great attacking plays and not the usual barge overs that we see from most teams. St George have been going pretty well of late defeating the Sharks last week and getting close to the pamfers a few weeks ago.
Mania Cherrington, Mitchel Moses, Mason Farrell, Luke Brooks, Nathan Milone, Chris Moana and Miali Li were all on fire. The Tigers also had a number of regular starting players on the side line such as Max Dimarco, Paul Simona, Josh Siddle and Salesi Funaki.
I really hope the NSW RL put the highlights of this game on their website as there were some really good well constructed tries in this game.

Mason Farrell (1) was awarded the players player award after scoring 3 tries and pulling off some great try saving tackles.

Rocket

Juniors
Hi JF,

Do you know the location and times.

Regards,

I'd like to know too and see what I can find out. Heard they were trying for Goulburn but the grounds there will be closed. Another possibility was West Belconnen where they played Souths a few weeks back (which would be good for me as it is 5 mins from home).

junior fan

Juniors
I'd like to know too and see what I can find out. Heard they were trying for Goulburn but the grounds there will be closed. Another possibility was West Belconnen where they played Souths a few weeks back (which would be good for me as it is 5 mins from home).

Goulburn Workers Arena

Kick off HM - 6:15pm
SG - 7:30 pm

magpie4ever

First Grade
Parramatta HMs super impressive against WSA (good solid team who have been highly competitive in all previous games) on Saturday, just might be starting to settle on their team. Will be interesting to see how they back up against Canberra (Wednesday) then CC (Saturday), could be the smokies of the comp (under the radar).

magpie4ever

First Grade
Magpie4ever did you get out to the Penrith v Wests games?

No PD I didn't. I was told Wests rested half their 1st side (don't know if that is true or not) and can't understand why they would do that especially against Penrith. Definitely surprised by the score but Penrith are still short priced comp favorites.

stumpyone

Juniors
Was told wests rested 5 mostly forwards. Could be right as they lacked go forward in the middle. They expected to be beaten by more, as Penrith were at "full strength". They believe the have found a weakness in a couple of places.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Was told wests rested 5 mostly forwards. Could be right as they lacked go forward in the middle. They expected to be beaten by more, as Penrith were at "full strength". They believe the have found a weakness in a couple of places.

Don't know a scoreline of 28-0 shows a weakness. Surprised Wests went in under strength - means they will now probably now finish in the bottom 4 (5-8) of the 8.

regards,

KAB

Juniors
Hi All

Souths v Central Coast on Wednseday 6pm HM and 7.30pm - SG Ball at Redfern.

Then back up with Parra after their road trip. On Saturday, this could interesting.

KAB

Juniors
Word I have from the manager of the Raider's U16s as of a few minutes ago is they are playing tomorrow, Wed 21st, at Kippax (West Belconnen). HM is 2.30pm and SGB is 4pm.

Yes this correct it is on the nswrl.com.au website.

:D

stretcher

Juniors
Well stumpy I guess with your son not playing they were full strength haha you are always trying destabilize this team give it a rest....

stumpyone

Juniors
I was talking to a wests coach. No Michael Estevan, Christian Crichton, Shane Coppins Obviously the inverted commas relevant.

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade
Scores from the deffered round 4 game between the Raiders & Parramatta
played today at Kippax West Belconnen

the Raiders Matts side again put in another dissapointing performance
going down 38-22

after at one stage Parramatta had 12 men for 10 minutes

&

11.... for 5 :sarcasm:

this raiders side has a couple of very talented lads ... but only a couple
& to be brutally honest ... the rest struggle at this level
I mean really struggle :eek:

Parra up 12-10 early in 2nd half of SG Ball

Raiderdave

First Grade
the Raiders ended up winning the SG ball in an epic encounter with an intercept try in the final minute
converted by Anthony Milford
for the win..........30-28 ova Parramatta

the Raiders Ball side is a special team .. they are everything our Matts side is not
pencil them in for a finals birth

& who knows from there .........;-)

Rocket

Juniors
Yep the Raiders Ball side seems to have snuck up on everyone. 5 wins and one loss. One of their best, Brenko Lee, wasn't playing today so his return should give them a boost.

Although having seen them last Saturday, I thought today they just didn't sync as well. Passes were just off the mark and they seemed to be half a second off the play sometimes. For one of the Eels tries it came from a Raider's error 5 metres from their line and I swear the entire crowd knew the Eels had the ball before anyone in the Raiders did. The try scorer dart the short distance to the line but I think he could have strolled and still made it.

The match against Penrith in a few weeks will be the big test.