What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burns

What should we do with Burns?

• Keep him at 6

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Bulk him up, put him in the backrow

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Hooker

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Centre

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Off the bench

• Windsor, resign him for depth

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Let him go

• Total voters

age.s

First Grade
What are we going to do with ol Burnsy?

He does some things on the footy field I absolutely love. He has the heart of an all time great, busts an absolute gut for the team every time he runs out. His chargedown against the Dogs in 2010 was an incredible play, and typical of the type of results he gets for being determined. He likes the niggle and you can tell his presence fires up the team in a big way.

But he's such a bad 5/8. Has no idea how to play people into gaps. His passes usually miss their mark stunting the team's ball movement resulting in a loss of momentum. He doesn't have a great mobility and footwork (despite yesterday's try), his vision is poor. He's got a decent kicking game, and would be one of the best defensive 5/8s in the game at the moment, but it's not enough to make him an NRL standard 6.

Is is possible to find a role for Monty that fits with his undeniable strengths as a footballer? If so, how? Hooker? Backrow? Keep him at 6? Off the bench? Windsor?

IIRC he's off contract at the end of this year, so it's time for decisions on the guy.

Added a poll.

soc123_au

Staff member
Torn between backrow & hooker. There needs to be a spot for him, imagine his ticker in Dave Taylors body, would be the worlds best player. Love the bloke, but he aint a 6.

franklin2323

Immortal
Torn between backrow & hooker. There needs to be a spot for him, imagine his ticker in Dave Taylors body, would be the worlds best player. Love the bloke, but he aint a 6.

Probably not tall enough for the backrow. Went pretty good in hooker yesterday.

maple_69

Bench
Employ him to clean the sand out of the other players vaginas. Such a pack of hacks.

Seriously though, I'd rather Siejka, Austin and Coote tried at 5/8.
Second row- Sene-Lefao, Simpkins, VTK all look fantastic prospects
Centres- we still haven't tried Daniela (or Gordon)

So I'd say Hooker, but if he played there, I'd drop Kingston (no impact off the bench).

Panthers_God

Juniors
I liked the rotation on the weekend.

Kingston goes off, Burns to Hooker and Austin to 5/8.

But long term i think Burns should be the main option at hooker.

Fibroman

First Grade
Doesn't matter what number is on his back, but he needs to be at first receiver or dummy half. Can't have him getting the ball at 2nd receiver. He's a very good runner in traffic.