What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

METSM - The Mass Eels To Storm Movement

Swiftstylez

Bench
Jokes aside, let's be honest. Eels fans have forgiven the Storm about their transgressions in recent years and are living vicariously through a successful team this year.

How good must it feel to support a team that has lost only 3 of their last 21 games at home and doesn't lose by 7 tries to 1 at home.

Kearney is f**king kidding himself if he thinks we will ever be like the Storm in the near future.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
^ lol no mate, if you were going to bandwagon you would choose a GOOD team

Hindmarsh is doing sideline commentary at the Storm game for Fox Sports....

Maybe he has already found his new club/job.

At least he would win a premiership.

Last edited:

Parra Pride

Coach
Jokes aside, let's be honest. Eels fans have forgiven the Storm about their transgressions in recent years and are living vicariously through a successful team this year.

f**k off, I have not, nor will I ever forgive those cheating marking wanker vibrate dickheads, they can go get f**ked.

#f**kTheCheatingScum

Swiftstylez

Bench
lol but it's so good when you tip them, your fantasy team is full of storm players and you watch their game and they never fail to let you down. I wish we had that kind of relationship with our team.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
In 1986 me a new friend of mine, who happened to be a Parra supporter, reveled in the Eels success. We joked and laughed and how we were going to slaughter whoever we met in the Grand Final. It was best of times, but contrary to Dickens, it was NOT the worse of times.

That came the next year when the Eels weren't doing as well. I remember playing in the schoolyard when a teacher came up to a group of my friends and I chatting about his beloved Tigers (who at the time were doing very well). My so-called friend then stated that the Tigers were his 'favourite team'.

I was shocked. Bewildered. Gobsmacked to high heaven. How can my friend change teams so ... so ... so easily??

Till this day I can not figure it out.

He did not remain my friend for long, because to change teams so easily says a lot about ones character and the lack of loyalty one has.

There is such an emotional investment with supporting a sporting team that one can not just sit down and decide what team to support on a whim or on a promise or on anything else except for that thing that draws you in to that team.

Every single team I support I have emotional investment with:

I was born at Parramatta Hospital - Parramatta Eels
I thought Richmond (of AFL) were of the city of Richmond in NSW not Melbourne - Richmond Tigers
I lived in Oklahoma for 4 years - Oklahome City THUNDER!
I attended University of Oklahoma - University of Oklahoma Sooners
I lived near Buffalo for three years - Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres
I watched an FA Cup final where a player from Man Utd was sent off unfairly - Manchester United

The list goes on and on. Every single team I support I have connection with and in those sports I don't have a 'team' I don't choose a team on a whim, with a flip of a coin, or whatever. I just don't support a team.

For instance I have never supported an NBA team till now. I don't support a MLB team cause I haven't found a connection to any team yet.

So, the whole point of this essay is to say ...

F*CK OFF!

great to see another Buffalo Bills fan on here;-)

Elektrik Shock

Juniors
We don't want any of you grubs, support your own team, and say what you want about Storm fans but atleast were loyal , you guys giving up after 4 rounds are a disgrace. We lost everything as fans for something we didn't do and still support our team even with merkin fans like you death riding us!! Pea hearted fickle fans.

Parra Pride

Coach
We don't want any of you grubs, support your own team, and say what you want about Storm fans but atleast were loyal , you guys giving up after 4 rounds are a disgrace. We lost everything as fans for something we didn't do and still support our team even with merkin fans like you death riding us!! Pea hearted fickle fans.

Yeah, those people who were leaving Storm gear in trash bags were real loyal weren't they?

Every team has their bandwagon fans, and every team has their fans who will stick by them win, lose, or draw, so don't come here acting like the Storm don't have their fair share of bandwagon fans.

#Nowf**kOffYouCheatingMerkin

Tooooks

Bench
Haven't read all the responses, but the OP is either a troll or a genius. As mentioned, this sudden loss of loyalty shows a lot about a person's character, or lack thereof.

As for the Storm fan's loyalty. How loyal would they have been if they knew they weren't going to be a successful team almost straight away?

E_Cantona

Juniors
If a merkin troll (swifty) appears and fires an arrow at your feet...dont pick up the arrow and stab yourself with it. Just ignore his sad monkey mind and get on with life.

Vira

Juniors
In 1986 me a new friend of mine, who happened to be a Parra supporter, reveled in the Eels success. We joked and laughed and how we were going to slaughter whoever we met in the Grand Final. It was best of times, but contrary to Dickens, it was NOT the worse of times.

That came the next year when the Eels weren't doing as well. I remember playing in the schoolyard when a teacher came up to a group of my friends and I chatting about his beloved Tigers (who at the time were doing very well). My so-called friend then stated that the Tigers were his 'favourite team'.

I was shocked. Bewildered. Gobsmacked to high heaven. How can my friend change teams so ... so ... so easily??

Till this day I can not figure it out.

He did not remain my friend for long, because to change teams so easily says a lot about ones character and the lack of loyalty one has.

There is such an emotional investment with supporting a sporting team that one can not just sit down and decide what team to support on a whim or on a promise or on anything else except for that thing that draws you in to that team.

Every single team I support I have emotional investment with:

I was born at Parramatta Hospital - Parramatta Eels
I thought Richmond (of AFL) were of the city of Richmond in NSW not Melbourne - Richmond Tigers
I lived in Oklahoma for 4 years - Oklahome City THUNDER!
I attended University of Oklahoma - University of Oklahoma Sooners
I lived near Buffalo for three years - Buffalo Bills and Buffalo Sabres
I watched an FA Cup final where a player from Man Utd was sent off unfairly - Manchester United

The list goes on and on. Every single team I support I have connection with and in those sports I don't have a 'team' I don't choose a team on a whim, with a flip of a coin, or whatever. I just don't support a team.

For instance I have never supported an NBA team till now. I don't support a MLB team cause I haven't found a connection to any team yet.

So, the whole point of this essay is to say ...

F*CK OFF!

:lol: Classic!

Swiftstylez

Bench
If a merkin troll (swifty) appears and fires an arrow at your feet...dont pick up the arrow and stab yourself with it. Just ignore his sad monkey mind and get on with life.

There is fine line between "trolling" and making a point in a different way.

Not everyone has to post like you, bro.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Haven't read all the responses, but the OP is either a troll or a genius. As mentioned, this sudden loss of loyalty shows a lot about a person's character, or lack thereof.

As for the Storm fan's loyalty. How loyal would they have been if they knew they weren't going to be a successful team almost straight away?

I'm a ticketed member you stupid f**k, are you? I can tell you this but, despite never forgiving the Storm for cheating to end our 2009 and 2006, 2007 finals series, they are much more of a joy to watch than our rabble at the moment.

ALLL ABOAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD THE HAYNEEEEE PLANE, our only salvation from the spoon.

Last edited: