What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade vs Storm

Jobdog

Live Update Team
1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Kurt Gidley
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden
9. Danny Buderus
10. Richie Fa'aoso
11. Chris Houston
12. Zeb Taia
13. Neville Costigan

14. Alex McKinnon
15. Adam Cuthbertson
16. Joel Edwards
17. Zane Tetevano
18. Matt Hilder

LINK

Joker's Wild

Coach
Waltzing hanging in there by the skin of his teeth it seems but unless Bedsy is going to play the full 80min I daresay he will get a run over either Eddie, Cuthbo or Tets

Silent Knight

First Grade
Nice to see Richie retain his starting prop spot. I'd be interested to see if Tets is included in the run on squad and Hilder drops off. Tets took the opportunity with both hands against the Dogs while poor old Matty just about shot himself in the foot before getting hooked by Uncle Wayne.

Based on that lineup is Uate going to be paired with Tahu? If that is the case I feel sorry for poor ol' Jimmy, he's going to catch a cold standing outside ball hog Sau. But the prospect of Uate and Tahu teaming up really makes me drool in anticipation.

Spark Plug

Juniors
I'd hate to see Hilder dropped after just a couple of ordinary games. He's been consistently one of our best for the past few seasons

I'd hate to see Hilder dropped after just a couple of ordinary games. He's been consistently one of our best for the past few seasons

Agree, but his head isn't in it. There may be a reason if the rumour of family issues going on is true but we just need the best out there at the time. Hilder will come good.

Mullen and Gids to swap again.
Even if Sau was to be inside Jimmy I think Jimmy will come in enough and run kick returns enough to make an impact. He doesn't really have much established with Tahu yet anyway. That needs to happen with whoever is next to him.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I hope McKinnon secures his starting spot soon. I thought he looked good in the #13 in a way that Costigan never really has. But I've never much rated the bloke.

How long is Wes expected to be out?

I like the bench. Cuthbo off the bench will be interesting. I think that is his most effective use. Off the bench he was dangerous for St George. McKinnon is being brought along nicely. He may start ahead of Nev.

Perth Knights

Juniors
I hope McKinnon secures his starting spot soon.

What a fantastic pickup by the Knights. McKinnon has been a revelation and IMO will be pressing for a starting spot in the very near future. With guys like McKinnon in our side, we have a very bright future ahead with Bennett as our Coach!!

Burwood

Bench
If Darius gets back to his old form, I quite like the left edge combo of Sau and McManus. He might not know how to pass the ball or set up his outside man, but Sau definitely knows how to run hard and straight. Having Boyd, Sau and McManus lined up on the overlap will put the defensive players in two minds as to whether to come in or stay out on their man.

Yosh

Coach
How long exactly is Wes out for?

Sau will line up next to Aku on the right. They wouldn't change the Tahu/McManus combination. They've looked good down that side.

I'm sure Bedsy will get a rest with Kidley, Boyd or Costigan taking turns doing the dummy half work.

If Darius gets back to his old form, I quite like the left edge combo of Sau and McManus. He might not know how to pass the ball or set up his outside man, but Sau definitely knows how to run hard and straight. Having Boyd, Sau and McManus lined up on the overlap will put the defensive players in two minds as to whether to come in or stay out on their man.

I'd like to see Boyd chiming into the backline sometimes.
While Sau definitely has aspects of his game that needs improvement we can make use of his main asset which is hard charging and tackle breaks. Make use of what he does the best and have Boyd out there to take on the passing game. I like it!

EdLondon

Juniors
So if Hilder doesn't play then who gives Bedsy a rest? Gidley could go in there and they play a running backrower in 5/8.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I'm happy to see Fa'aoso starting. I was very impressed with how he and Snowden went in tandem.

I can also see Gidley moving to hooker when Buderus goes off.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I hope McKinnon secures his starting spot soon. I thought he looked good in the #13 in a way that Costigan never really has. But I've never much rated the bloke.

How long is Wes expected to be out?

Agreed. I think Mackinnon should start after last week.

I think cuthbo off the bench is going to be a good move. Bring him on after Snowy and Faas have set the platform for us. I don't think cuthbo is that kind of forward yet, but should thrive on coming on after 20 minutes or so. Much like the warriors are doing with Mateo.

I dont reckon we need cover for Buderus, 4 bigger forwards on the bench will do fine, Kidley can cover hooker if needed as Mullen is the chief playmaker anyway, Boyd can cover 5/8 in attack for 10-15 minutes. But I dont think even Wayne will be able to get Buderus off the field in this one. Bedsy will play for 80 minutes.

Latest posts