What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hindmarsh Announces Retirement

The Colonel

Immortal
Missed the first one.... but numbers 100, 200, 300... I was there and so was my little fella for 300. Will be at the last one as well. Sad day but inevitable as Father Time catches up with us all. Not too many blokes got to carry the JJ Giltinan Shield out onto the field with him either but it is one memory I will forever cherish..... even if he tried to drop the bloody thing on me!

A champion who gave everything he had and then some...... can't ask for much else.

Grail

Juniors
I had to pause a moment when I read this.
Best Eel of the modern era easily, biggest heart of any player who has played at NRL level in the modern era.

Thanks for the memories Hindy.

Dragons01

First Grade
Sad day for all Parra supporters and lovers of the game in general.

No supporter could ask more of any player. A one club man that everytime he played whether the end result was a win or a lose, you knew he had given his best and left everything he had on the field.

We often look back on the 'old' days with rose coloured glasses, but I think all players and player managers could learn a thing or two by looking at Nathan Hindmarsh. Hindmarsh is what makes a club what it is, he is what makes us follow our clubs with such ridiculous passion.

Hats off to you Nathan Hindmarsh you have always done yourself, your family and your club proud.

Avenger

Immortal
Feel every bit as sad when Price, Cronin and Sterling retired. A Parramatta Great. Now we will beat Manly.

dazeely

First Grade
The greatest eel ever imo. Absolute legend on the field and an even better one off the field. won't be the same without him. thanks hindy.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I am sooooooo sad
crying.gif

True EEL

Bench
Feel every bit as sad when Price, Cronin and Sterling retired. A Parramatta Great. Now we will beat Manly.

Man, I was gutted when Sterlo was forced to retire after Cement Gillespie crushed him in that tackle against Wests :(
THAT was a sad, sad day, Sterlo just couldn't go anymore on that shoulder and couldn't face another shoulder reco

Suitman

Post Whore
Sad day for all Parra supporters and lovers of the game in general.

No supporter could ask more of any player. A one club man that everytime he played whether the end result was a win or a lose, you knew he had given his best and left everything he had on the field.

We often look back on the 'old' days with rose coloured glasses, but I think all players and player managers could learn a thing or two by looking at Nathan Hindmarsh. Hindmarsh is what makes a club what it is, he is what makes us follow our clubs with such ridiculous passion.

Hats off to you Nathan Hindmarsh you have always done yourself, your family and your club proud.

Wonderful.

It's been nice to see supporters from other clubs come in here and pay tribute.
We thank you.

Suity

Avenger

Immortal
Man, I was gutted when Sterlo was forced to retire after Cement Gillespie crushed him in that tackle against Wests :(
THAT was a sad, sad day, Sterlo just couldn't go anymore on that shoulder and couldn't face another shoulder reco
I remember that day well.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
Nathan hindmarsh=ultimate professional,legend for parramatta, absolute work horse will be sorely missed, and his last game at parra stadium will be sad.

hoping that if my dragons don't win the comp then parra do, he deserves it. All the best for Hindy, and all the best for parra 4 the rest of this year. I feel sorry for you guys and hope that it turns around quickly

Latest posts