What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett to roosters

Patorick

Staff member
Yes, because everyone feels the way The Daily Telegraph writers want us to about Brian Smith...

If they're paying him enough, I don't think he'll care who the coach is.

firechild

First Grade
Rumour is Stewart will re-sign on a 2 year deal next week. Could be simply so that he and his brother are free to stay or go together at the end of Glenn's contract.

Tommax25

Bench
Rumour is Stewart will re-sign on a 2 year deal next week. Could be simply so that he and his brother are free to stay or go together at the end of Glenn's contract.

Please Decisior let it be true. The one club I would hate the most for him to go to would be the roosters, I despise them. It would tarnish him in my eyes, not his ability or record, just him. I wuoldn't be able to watch him at the roosters and take any joy in sucess like I could at any other club, and whenever I look back at his triumphs with us I would feel sick that he know plays for the roosters.

Its a good move for the club for sure, it will keep glenn stewart happy, and apparently t-rex is close to the stewart brothers so that could be a factor in keeping him (although I think he's defs gone tbh, how could we possibly have the money to keep him?).

You honestly do get the feeling that all these guys want to stay and play together, it's just going to be unfortunate Manly can't fit everyone in. It's something that some of these teams who throw large amounts of cash at players forget, you can't buy chemistry.

jbl31649

Juniors
I don't think its a cap issue. We haven't bought any big names for a long time and have relied on juniors and have had luck with players like Rodney and Old Joe having career best at Manly.

I think it comes down to actual club finiance, especially since we'll be in positive territory this year, but have a part Own struggling and making losses.

Players have got to see what their worth thats just how it is, but I get the feeling that if he is after 1.2m for 3yrs (400k yr) and gets offer 300k from us he'd probably take it.

Even if other clubs are willing to pay more. DCE has made it know the feeling around the camp, they all want to stay and are just seeing what the club is willing to do.

Our next focus has to be Foran, anyway you look at it Snakes 27yr, Fozz is 22yr.

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
I don't think its a cap issue. We haven't bought any big names for a long time and have relied on juniors and have had luck with players like Rodney and Old Joe having career best at Manly.

I think it comes down to actual club finiance, especially since we'll be in positive territory this year, but have a part Own struggling and making losses.

Players have got to see what their worth thats just how it is, but I get the feeling that if he is after 1.2m for 3yrs (400k yr) and gets offer 300k from us he'd probably take it.

Even if other clubs are willing to pay more. DCE has made it know the feeling around the camp, they all want to stay and are just seeing what the club is willing to do.

Our next focus has to be Foran, anyway you look at it Snakes 27yr, Fozz is 22yr.

Club finances are not the most important thing when it comes to signing players. All clubs will be spending the $5 million cap next year. If you don't you get a crap team and miss the finals and lose money. It's bad business to not spend the cap.

You've got DCE and I reckon you get Foran simply because he is number 2 on the list and plays one of the 4 key positions so therefore you pay for him. He knows he gets to pay with a good halfback and has been at the club. Unless he really wants to leave you should have him.

All they have to decide now is if they want to keep their spine intact and keep Stewart, keep an impact/try scorer in Willaims, or look after their old front row and keep Lussick. Matai is as good as gone.

jbl31649

Juniors
Club finances are not the most important thing when it comes to signing players. All clubs will be spending the $5 million cap next year. If you don't you get a crap team and miss the finals and lose money. It's bad business to not spend the cap.

You've got DCE and I reckon you get Foran simply because he is number 2 on the list and plays one of the 4 key positions so therefore you pay for him. He knows he gets to pay with a good halfback and has been at the club. Unless he really wants to leave you should have him.

All they have to decide now is if they want to keep their spine intact and keep Stewart, keep an impact/try scorer in Willaims, or look after their old front row and keep Lussick. Matai is as good as gone.

That is going to be our really issue. We have old dog Props that will retire soon. We need front rowers, but maybe we could get away with keeping T-Rex, Loosing Lussick and moving Choc (do a Gall SOO) to Prop.

Either way where loosing someone.

footy watch

Juniors
After tonight I wouldn't give Stewart 250k. Get rid of him and cherry Evans, ever since u upgraded ur contract, u have been a dud. 3 games, 18 missed tackles. Give money back or perform

rhino2009

Juniors

Any chance of Matai signing for an ESL club?

Latest posts