What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne's Eels future getting murkier

Mickyd39

Juniors
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/haynes-eels-future-getting-murkier-20120331-1w53c.html

Weedler is a f**king merkin.

I wish he would name his "sources"

I suppose that would be a bit hard when you make things up.

IF JARRYD HAYNE asked for a release from the Eels, he would be within his rights given the way some of the players feel about him. And you could imagine a club like the Sydney Roosters would snap him up given their interest in a fullback for next season. Further to last week's column about the division in the Parramatta camp surrounding Hayne - the Eels' biggest star was the subject of some fierce comment at the team's crisis meeting during the week. The players made it very clear what they thought of Hayne. There appears to be some genuine ill feeling towards the NSW and Australian representative. Most of it relates to attitude - towards training and rehabilitation. Some players are completely over it. Word has reached the South Sydney camp that Parramatta's big off-season recruit, ex-Rabbitohs halfback Chris Sandow is not getting along with Hayne. There are definite divisions in the camp. This column suggested Hayne should be made captain to get the best out of him and the rest of the team - it turns out that the idea of making Hayne skipper was given consideration last season, but they stuck with Nathan Hindmarsh. The Eels will be looking for a new captain next year following Hindmarsh's decision to hang up the boots at season's end and the likes of Reni Maitua and Tim Mannah have leadership qualities. Hayne has the ability to be the player who Parramatta can rebuild their club around but he needs his teammates' support. While the Roosters would be interested in Hayne, they have not done a deal with Manly fullback Brett Stewart, which has been reported. This column heard the rumours they were interested - but I have been assured there is no way he will be at the club.

Parra Pride

Coach
I really love Weidler's articles, all the quotes and named sources really make them quite a good read. :sarcasm:

#WhatAf**kingMerkin

natheel

Coach
Weidler is a deadset merkin. After we get a good win and this happen again...sick of it

Maybe weidler should go onto the DT website and see the pic of Hayne and Chrissy both hugging after the win tonight

'Word has reached Souths camp" Meaning "Rusty made it up and is still bitter"

tbh i wouldn't be surprised if a Souths insider started the rumour

Stagger eel

Staff member
the first thing i saw at fulltime when I looked out on the arena was Hayne and Sandow embracing....in fact I'm pretty sure they went looking for each other...

weidler, you're a maggot.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Well, this isn't the first time we've heard of this rumour.

I by no means think the players are wrong if thats what they think of Hayne's attitude at training, but he is still the one delivering on the field more than the others.

It's like in school, those students that wouldn't study at all and top the class, and then there are others that study their arse off only to just pass.

I know that Hindmarsh has had complaints made against him by former players (none are still at the club that I know of) and there is no way in hell we would have let Hindy go.

Money talks, Jarryd not not only draws crowds, he wins matches.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
the first thing i saw at fulltime when I looked out on the arena was Hayne and Sandow embracing....in fact I'm pretty sure they went looking for each other...

weidler, you're a maggot.

I said it at the beginning of 2010. Winning matches fixes everything.

Eels Dude

Coach
Guess Weedler didn't have enough SBW stories to fill up his gossip column this week so had to make up more crap.

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Bottom line, we need Hayne, end of story. The guy warms up and scores a try in the first 5 mins like it was nothing,he equalled our try scoring tally in 60 mins for the last two games.
I agree, throw him the cash because f#ck do we need him.

I remember last time Hayne was off contract this curly red headed f**k was running stories every week about how he was going to go to Souths because his old man was putting pressure on him to go there & he wanted to be coached by JT.

Just shutup you embarrassing idiot. It's people like him that drive our stars to another code with all this nonsense that places pressure on the kids shoulders for no reason.

Hayne is the most influential player at our club by a long , long way. He gives the entire side self belief and as such should be groomed to be our next leader.

Parra Pride

Coach
Bottom line, we need Hayne, end of story. The guy warms up and scores a try in the first 5 mins like it was nothing,he equalled our try scoring tally in 60 mins for the last two games.
I agree, throw him the cash because f#ck do we need him.

Like I said in the rumoured crap thread, we should just hand a blank contract and let him write in whatever amount he wants.

#HeIsTooGoodToLetGo

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just shutup you embarrassing idiot. It's people like him that drive our stars to another code with all this nonsense that places pressure on the kids shoulders for no reason.

You're right there's a lot of pressure on these kids and Hayne's carrying as much as any of them.

Hayne is the most influential player at our club by a long , long way. He gives the entire side self belief and as such should be groomed to be our next leader.

Maybe you should give it a shot Ashley? He's on both Facebook and Twitter.

You look like you've groomed a few kids on the internet.

Djay

Juniors
I specifically looked to see the team unity, everything looked fine and someone above mentioned Hayne and Sandow embracing each other.

Ridiculous article.

caylo

Bench
Hayne and Sandow talk as little as Benji and Farah. It's ll rubbish, these guys are professional footballers and I'm sure they are critical of each other at different times and so they should be when you loss 4 straight but I doubt anyone in the camp was blaming Hayne for his whole 15min involvement in the first 4 games.

Gronk

Staff member
They should bundle Weedler into a black van in the middle of the night. Strangers who happen to witness it will silently nod, as they know it's for the best.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Who spoke to Sandow after the Penrith game to help him through the tough times?

Oh that's right, it was Hayne.

Obviously they hate each other....

Latest posts