What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a few thoughts

Parra Pride

Coach
My thoughts
Tonga was and has been rubbish all year but atleast he can defend.For what he is beeing paid and his quality needs to offer more.
Morgans times is up.Horo or pauolo must be used before him as a centre.Or bring in a different young guy.
Mannah was excellent tonight.Sandow was very average.
Manly played well below there best.We just won.A wins a win i wont get carried away thou

We really need to work on getting Tonga some good early ball.

I reckon we should either move Blair into the centres, or give Savage or even Toutai a shot.

#ButPleaseNoEsi

hindy111

Post Whore
Tautai is now playing front row-Id say his days as a centre are over.
Unless you meant vaivai? rory brien would of plugged the hole nicely.As would of smith or LOKO

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tautai is now playing front row-Id say his days as a centre are over.
Unless you meant vaivai? rory brien would of plugged the hole nicely.As would of smith or LOKO

Of those four, only Ben Smith is as good a defender as Ryan Morgan.

Remember, with Chris Sandow defending outside him, Morgan is having to mark two blokes. Any centre defending three in is going to look ordinary.

jk13

First Grade
Morgan showed he is a tough nut with 2 head clashes. Sandow has an intchy field goal trigger finger. They learnt later in the game to go to their kicking strengths and put the ball down field early in the tackle count. Hayne is an enigma. Reni puts in. Poore should giv half his money to allgood and mannah. Proud we beat the scum of footy.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hayne was ok tonight and half fit-wait till he is back...
Poore went ok.Yeah not 350k ok but he went well i thought??

hindy111

Post Whore
Manly where ordinary...
Thou we also had some bad calls.The side still needs some tweaking.I wouldnt settle on it just yet.
Most teams have a player who isnt the greatest defender.They usualy cover them.So if Sandow is that bad in defense was he a bad signing? If he is going to cost us 3 tries a game? The answer is YES.So than why did we sign him...I still think he isnt the main problem in defense.

Morgan showed he is a tough nut with 2 head clashes. Sandow has an intchy field goal trigger finger. They learnt later in the game to go to their kicking strengths and put the ball down field early in the tackle count. Hayne is an enigma. Reni puts in. Poore should giv half his money to allgood and mannah. Proud we beat the scum of footy.

Enigma?

The guy is a fckn freak. He slipped once and it led to a try.

No knock ons, no missed tackles, no penalty's conceded.

I was under the impression that if someone was an enigma it meant they had good sides and bad sides. If anyone's an enigma surely it'd be Sandow.

Agree with the rest of your post fwiw.

blacklock

Juniors
good game parra :) its been a tough ass week, but you guys performed well. although im not too sure how well your club will perform for the rest of the year....the comp is incredibly close. so who knows what may happen.

although i support the dragons....it was nice to see hindy with a smile on his face after the game. hes a good guy :)

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Agree about Morgan at the moment. Not quite ready to write him off for good, but he needs to undertake some serious tackling practise from Hindy.

It was clear in the first half that Manly were targeting Morgan.

Morgan reminds me of a smaller, less athletic version of Johnathon Wright.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Enigma?

The guy is a fckn freak. He slipped once and it led to a try.

No knock ons, no missed tackles, no penalty's conceded.

I was under the impression that if someone was an enigma it meant they had good sides and bad sides. If anyone's an enigma surely it'd be Sandow.

Agree with the rest of your post fwiw.

Hayne did fumble the ball for the Watmough try.

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Ryan Morgan is not first grade material by a longshot. Has been sliced up by every half decent centre hes marked. Esi needs to come back, as mentioned earlier at least he takes the line on. Morgan has no defence or attack, just a nice haircut. S.O.S Ben Smith.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Morgan:

vs Brisbane
19 tackles
3 one-on-one
4 missed

vs Cowboys
28 tackles
4 one-on-one
3 missed

vs Penrith
19 tackles
5 one-on-one
3 missed

vs Manly
26 tackles
2 one-on-one
2 missed

All those one-on-one tackles show (if you haven't been watching) that Morgan's job is to come out of the line and stop the ball before it gets to the bloke running at Sandow.

He's made 92 tackles in four games (23 per game). By contrast the Storm's centres are averaging just over 15 tackles a game each, since Cronk is a good defender and teams don't target him.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
All those one-on-one tackles show (if you haven't been watching) that Morgan's job is to come out of the line and stop the ball before it gets to the bloke running at Sandow.

Just like Joel Reddy, except Joel was stronger, smarter, more athletic and could take a high ball. End rant.

Morgan is only doing what is expected of him, which id imagine isn't very much. Point is, he isn't very good at his role.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just like Joel Reddy, except Joel was stronger, smarter, more athletic and could take a high ball. End rant.

Morgan is only doing what is expected of him, which id imagine isn't very much. Point is, he isn't very good at his role.

I don't remember Reddy playing in the same team as Sandow.

In fact I remember Reddy having a pretty good defensive halfback on his inside the entire time he played right centre for Parra.

Djay

Juniors
Ryan Morgan is a horrible defender and offers nothing in attack.

Can't wait for Esi to come back, whoever think's his bad he'd have to be pretty shit to be worse then Morgan.

Latest posts