What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers and Manly more likely premiers than the Storm

Disco

Bench
As amazing as they are playing at the moment, they cannot keep it up all year.

Remind me of the dragons last year, were unstoppable for half the year but struggled to maintain it.

You need to time your run, and Melbourne have peaked far too early

Mr Fourex

Bench
Tigers.........really??

Cringe.gif

DIMEAST

Juniors
Seemed like teams started figuring out the Storm by the back end of last year, but they seem on another level this year. If they adapt and maintain the intensity they'll be hard to beat.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
plus they have the ability to play expansively and/or grind out the win....will take a bit more figuring out this year than last

Lowdown

Juniors
So the logic is they can't keep it up...because (a) they have started well and (b) the totally different team did similar last year therefore (c) the storm will do the same.

Question: how many times have the Storm started badly under Bellamy?

From what I have seen the only teams guaranteed a finals spot this season are the Storm and Brisbane; the rest of the spots are up for the taking.

So far storm look the best.

mongoose

Coach

Remind me of the dragons last year, were unstoppable for half the year but struggled to maintain it.

They got the minor premiership last year. They will shit it in again this year as long as Slater, Cronk and Smith play the majority of the year. They still look a bit vunerable in the forwards though. They got steamrolled in round 1 by the Raiders pack.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
The Broncos have to get through SOO before I would say they are safe. They were pretty aweful in the 2nd half on Friday I thought.

The Storm on the other hand are looking all class. Yes it can change quickly like it has for Manly. A few key injuries (especially on one side of the defensive line) and you have gaps open up everywhere.

5 rounds in are too early. One thing for is for sure though, Manly and the Tigers need to start winning before it gets too far away for them.

The tigers may have already peaked and will struggle to find any improvement.

Storm are still improving. They will build enough points on the ladder to afford them the luxury of resting players when needed. Then they will peak again during the finals run. It sound like good logic to me.

The tigers may have already peaked and will struggle to find any improvement.

Storm are still improving. They will build enough points on the ladder to afford them the luxury of resting players when needed. Then they will peak again during the finals run. It sound like good logic to me.

If that is the Tigers peaking, then they will push for the spoon

LatK7

First Grade
I wouldn't be surprised if Wests turn it all around before the semis. You just never know with that mob.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Round 5.

Even the Titans season isn't over yet.

HowHigh

Coach
Storm will struggle during the origin period but if they keep going the way they are they'll be a few wins on top so they'll be safe
Too early to say they'll be burnt out..

But Manly & Tigers? Not looking premiership material at all atm

StormHi

Juniors
Like they struggled last year durring the origin period? Yeah sound logic...... Our foward pack has alot more steel in it then last year as for canberra running over us im not suprised they have one the best packs in the league barring mb the Broncos. Gee the Tiggers let it slip today.........

HowHigh

Coach
Like they struggled last year durring the origin period? Yeah sound logic...... Our foward pack has alot more steel in it then last year as for canberra running over us im not suprised they have one the best packs in the league barring mb the Broncos. Gee the Tiggers let it slip today.........
Sound logic? So you're telling me that missing Cronk, Slater and Smith won't have a negative effect on the team?

Latest posts