What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

#Sterling slams Parramatta halfback Chris Sandow as being overweight

Parra Pride

Coach
563199-chris-sandow-parramatta-eels.jpg

Peter Sterling has taken aim at Chris Sandow for being overweight. Picture: Gregg Porteous Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA legend Peter Sterling has blasted marquee recruit Chris Sandow as being too fat and unfit.

In a stinging attack on Triple M radio, the ex-Eels No.7 who guided the club to four premierships in the 80s, said Sandow had not lived up to expectation in his brief stint with Parramatta.

"I think Chris Sandow is overweight," Sterling said following Parramatta's 14-6 loss to Newcastle.

"I think he's playing four or five kilos above what he should be playing and it affects his sharpness.

"There's no way you can carry weight in this game, or very few players can, and look at him physically.

"I may be wrong, he may be the same weight he was when he started last year, but just looking at him, I don't think he was fit."

Sandow signed with Parramatta for a rumoured $550,000 and was lauded as a move that would improve the club’s premiership credentials but has failed to pay dividends.

The Eels, after starting the season without a win in the first four rounds, were pelted with coins by fans prior to recording a 29-20 comeback victory over Manly in round 5.

Sterling's comments aren't the only ones casting doubt over Sandow's performance, with Parramatta coach Steve Kearney refusing to answer questions when asked how the halfback was playing.

"Bad time to ask me," Kearney said on Sunday after Parramatta failed to beat Newcastle.

But Sandow's teammates said yesterday they do not blame the 23-year-old for the team's atrocious record.

"Chris is fine," forward Reni Maitua told the Daily Telegraph.

"Obviously him being the big off-season signing, a lot of pressure was going to be on him. And I don't think anyone should point the finger at Chris.

"It's a team effort. We're all out there. He's doing what he can and the rest of us probably aren't rising to the challenge."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...verweight-sandow/story-e6frexnr-1226322603592

#ApplePie

Big Sam

First Grade
Could just be the fact that he's wearing yellow. Yellow/white makes everybody appear larger than they actually are.

Gronk

Staff member
Could just be the fact that he's wearing yellow. Yellow/white makes everybody appear larger than they actually are.

Thanks for dropping by. You might have a point.

#doesmybumlookbiginthis

Mr Fourex

Bench
Been thinking the same as Sterlo for a couple weeks now.....although Sandow has always looked a little chunky, so I wasn't sure

Yeah....I'd say he's overweight.......unfit would be a better description

His confidence is in the shitter. He looked woeful against the Knights

Parra Pride

Coach

I've been thinking that could be the case, unsure though because Hayne looks smaller to me and they're wearing the same jersey.

#AndYetHe'sStillZgotBadKneePressure

Parra Pride

Coach
Been thinking the same as Sterlo for a couple weeks now.....although Sandow has always looked a little chunky, so I wasn't sure

Yeah....I'd say he's overweight.......unfit would be a better description

His confidence is in the shitter. He looked woeful against the Knights

The entire sides confidence is in the shitter, the only blokes who look threatening are Roberts, Maitua, and Paulo but they get no support when running the ball, and Hayne is basically out there on one leg at the moment.

#TheTeamJustAren'tClicking

Bigfella

Coach
He just fair dinkum didn't try.

If having a big money and name half was meant to win us a game - there was one for him to win us.

The scoreline, possession and field postion was there for it to be won (although it would have been a very ugly win it would have been a lot more bearable than a loss).

strider

Post Whore
gotta love how they manage to find an image where he is blowing his cheeks out just to make him look fat :lol:

mickdo

Coach
With articles like this its no wonder we havent found an answer at 7 in the last 30 years. Seriously, shut up Sterlo.

SDM

First Grade
Actually, like most things it is pretty easy, I am pretty good at everything.

True EEL

Bench
Actually, like most things it is pretty easy, I am pretty good at everything.

yeah like pleasuring yourself on a twice-daily basis....

anyway, i'm outta here, enough of this bullshit again for one day. do me a favour and find a new hobby, because this fascination/obsession/infatuation you clearly have with me is really starting to get f&$king annoying :roll:

Mr Fourex

Bench
With articles like this its no wonder we havent found an answer at 7 in the last 30 years. Seriously, shut up Sterlo.

Maybe Pete's just trying to fire him up....??

Even if Sandow isn't "fat", he doesn't look fit.

He seemed to be walking around knackered on Sunday and he hadn't done anything.

Looked totally devoid of all his football skills......he was almost cringe worthy

True EEL

Bench
Maybe Pete's just trying to fire him up....??

Even if Sandow isn't "fat", he doesn't look fit.

He seemed to be walking around knackered on Sunday and he hadn't done anything.

Looked totally devoid of all his football skills......he was almost cringe worthy

cheers Mr Fourex, that's how i read Sterlo's comments, an attempt to fire him up....