What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not disappointing at all.

I have questions about today's Allianz Stadium crowd... 40,164... capacity 45,500... I could NOT find 4,400-odd empty seats, sorry. They've understated that.

elbusto

Coach
9th biggest storm home crowd.
As such a very good crowd. A good weekend of crowds to come, crack the 200,000 for the round, have some huge ratings and just when our Rights are up for grabs - with SOO to follow. Gotta love your League.

Red Bear

Referee
Not disappointing at all.

I have questions about today's Allianz Stadium crowd... 40,164... capacity 45,500... I could NOT find 4,400-odd empty seats, sorry. They've understated that.
I cant comment on the area above the eastern side but had a good view of the rest of the ground. GA behind the southern end had a bit of space left, the fringes around the upper western were empty seats, probably added up. Great crowd though

cleary89

Coach
Fair few empy seats around me (tv side, between 40 and 50 on the northern end). Prob like 20 within 5 rows. All saints members obv. First ANZAC day game. Fantastic.

Wouldnt have bothered with ANZ though. Only a short walk from 2 up in paddington.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The only gaps I could see were the SE corner and the far sides of each upper level. Didn't add up to 4.4k tbh

Big Pete

Referee
Fantastic day for Rugby League crowds.

Well done to all those that made the SFS crowd as electric as it was.

elbusto

Coach
Fantastic day for Rugby League crowds.

Well done to all those that made the SFS crowd as electric as it was.
I agree - the crowd noise was excellent - you really do need a local derby to get the blood running like that. I support neither side but had a ball watching it.

roarr

Juniors
The game was a massive success.

1. Keep it at SFS
2. Keep the same teams
3. Keep it at the same time
4. Make both teams wear their traditional jerseys every year (not that cammo?)
5. Who cares if people miss out... they can watch it on TV. Make it a must see event where people want to get a ticket.
6. Storm Warriors is becoming good as well... keep that.

Finally the NRL have done something good... lets not f**k it up or let the media pressure them to change it.

Raiderdave

First Grade
As such a very good crowd. A good weekend of crowds to come, crack the 200,000 for the round, have some huge ratings and just when our Rights are up for grabs - with SOO to follow. Gotta love your League.

well we should have at least another 60,000 for Friday nights 2 games

but the other 4 games could throw up anything :?

Souths V Cowboys
Raiders V Sharks
Parra V Tigers
Newc V Penrith

they may only draw 60,000 between them
I'll be happy with 180,000 for the round

Red Bear

Referee
Souths Cows will be intersting, Souths have been playing good football but the Cowboys just dont draw in Sydney at all.
Raiders Sharks will depend on the weather but unlikely to be high.

Parra Tigers should be over 15K

Newcastle Penrith could be a reasonable turn out also.

azza29

Juniors
I'm not saying its bad in the slightest, in fact its a great crowd in the wet or otherwise.
It's just less than what people were predicting, so a little disappointing.

On the plus side there would have been plenty of casual fans there, as the GA areas were chockers. Plenty in Essendon/Collingwood gear too, great to see AFL supporters getting exposure to league.

Valheru

Coach
Impressive crowd but it should have been at ANZ.

You’re an idiot. Easts and Dragons should only ever play each other at ANZ on the last weekend of the premiership.

I don’t care if 300,000 people want to go to the ANZAC match in the future, SFS provides the best atmosphere and it should always be played there.

DINGb@T

Juniors
Watching the replay of the Storm/Warriors game the crowd was really getting into it. Fantastic atmosphere, at least on telly.

SFS was great as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.