What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

stumpyone

Juniors
Times been changedtBall now 12 noon. Injuries stretcher is closer to the team than me but apparently 5 or 6 having been playing injured for some weeks. Dylan Fuad ruled out in warm up last
week. See how he pulls up this week Most players have niggles apparently.

Kilkenny

Coach
Have watched most home games this season for both Matts and Ball but unfortunately will miss this weeks semi's as am heading out to Randwick races with the family.

Hopefully both will be alive in week two.

TeamSatan

Juniors
Watched the ball get beaten tonight....really disappointed with the quality.
Perhaps not fair as its the only time i have seen them this year.

How did the matts go/

frontrow

Juniors
good work Liggo you done it again killed another team when will Penrith see what your doing you only put your hand up for strong teams and when your finshed with them well there not so strong anymore and as for Penrith have you seen how many juniors are at other clubs why don,t you try looking in your own back yerd before others you migth be supprised and no not a unhappy perant my boy played matts and 2 years of ball .A u:xnhappy suporter

TeamSatan

Juniors
good work Liggo you done it again killed another team when will Penrith see what your doing you only put your hand up for strong teams and when your finshed with them well there not so strong anymore and as for Penrith have you seen how many juniors are at other clubs why don,t you try looking in your own back yerd before others you migth be supprised and no not a unhappy perant my boy played matts and 2 years of ball .A u:xnhappy suporter

Can anyone translate this for me?

straightup

Juniors

its funny penrith have this special selection team at the start of the year, but in sgball they have 11 players in the team from out of the area, fair enough you got to give country players a go,but not all of them were from country,mr cleary talks about looking after locals kids, some local boys never got a run, they had 3 coaches no excuses, mr gould should of look at what didnt work before and made more changes to who was in charge of the juniors, same old storey nothing changed.

stretcher

Juniors
its funny penrith have this special selection team at the start of the year, but in sgball they have 11 players in the team from out of the area, fair enough you got to give country players a go,but not all of them were from country,mr cleary talks about looking after locals kids, some local boys never got a run, they had 3 coaches no excuses, mr gould should of look at what didnt work before and made more changes to who was in charge of the juniors, same old storey nothing changed.
Thats funny i just looked through the program and only found Manai Cherrington and Brendan Attwood penrith juniors that actually made the semi finals playing elsewhere and as for the following Alan Nuelisa,Peter Nay,Zac Clay,Tepai Moeroa they left penrith 3years ago chasing coin then you have guys like Jordan Grant,and harold matts players Tyrell Fuimoano and Amos Viga they were all offered the same money to stay but chose to have a change so the critisism is unwarranted and to bag the coach who isnt part of negoitiations is a bit rich and unimformed as usual....

straightup

Juniors
<P>
Thats funny i just looked through the program and only found Manai Cherrington and Brendan Attwood penrith juniors that actually made the semi finals playing elsewhere and as for the following Alan Nuelisa,Peter Nay,Zac Clay,Tepai Moeroa they left penrith 3years ago chasing coin then you have guys like Jordan Grant,and harold matts players Tyrell Fuimoano and Amos Viga they were all offered the same money to stay but chose to have a change so the critisism is unwarranted and to bag the coach who isnt part of negoitiations is a bit rich and unimformed as usual....
</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>stretcher eight teams can make the semi,&nbsp;its how good you can coach those teams or team to go further,obvousily penrith werent good enough.</P>
<P>when your got one the best prospect in bryce cartwright playing halve or 5/8 in a major semi, didnt work. as for players who left&nbsp;who cares </P>
<P>,if they want to leave good for them. as for jordan grant i dont rate him, can tackle thats it. im already hearing 1&nbsp;good player from sgball has got&nbsp;offeres from other clubs&nbsp;,and my mail is he will&nbsp;be&nbsp;off,and its got nothing to do with money.</P>

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
What a game the Harold Matt's was there is a big future for some of those guys and for a team that had three major injuries to key players what a gutsy year well done and hopefully penrith show some loyalty to players and staff instead of what they have done in the past

ashton

Juniors
What a game the Harold Matt's was there is a big future for some of those guys and for a team that had three major injuries to key players what a gutsy year well done and hopefully penrith show some loyalty to players and staff instead of what they have done in the past

Who were the three major injuries?

stumpyone

Juniors
Clark, May, Collins, Hala all played a number of games injured as did Fuad. I was told on Thursday May was catching one handed as he was struggling to lift his left arm. Apparently only cleared Friday night Milgate' grandfathers funeral was just last Friday he missed all training last week. Fuad was the biggest loss his defence around the ruck was a major loss. Big Ollie Clark toughed out an upper back injury. Cam Collins soldiered through a lower back problem. He was in agony after the wests game and was heavily strapped after. Soni Hala struggled with an ankle he rolled in a pothole at training before the Cronulla game. maybe resting a couple in the final comp matches would have been a good idea in hindsight, who knows. Overall the team did well the players put in and should be proud of they're achievement.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I still believe that at full strength and fully fit we were the best team in the comp.

Clark, Hala and Jennings should all be rewarded with Origin spots.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I still believe that at full strength and fully fit we were the best team in the comp.

Clark, Hala and Jennings should all be rewarded with Origin spots.

Come on guys, do you want me to start listing the injuries parramatta had (and still have) during the comp. I believe the Parramatta props put Hala & Clarke on notice re: origin spots.

By the way, does anyone know what the spectator blue was about after the game.

Latest posts