What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

magpie4ever

First Grade
Clark and Hala have been great all season. They will be in the NSW team.

I'm not saying they wont, I don't know enough about the other front rows in the other teams (could be ten top props out there) except Parra. On yesterday's game, I would have given the front row from Parra a narrow points victory.

Regards,

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
I'm not saying they wont, I don't know enough about the other front rows in the other teams (could be ten top props out there) except Parra. On yesterday's game, I would have given the front row from Parra a narrow points victory.

Regards,
What a crock of shit the parra props were off more than on hala played entire second half and Clarke was close to same hala break the line every hit up and Clarke absolutely crunched the parra props

magpie4ever

First Grade
What a crock of shit the parra props were off more than on hala played entire second half and Clarke was close to same hala break the line every hit up and Clarke absolutely crunched the parra props

In the modern game it is called rotation; as far as the rest of your comments - you seemed to have watched the game with blinkered glasses.

Last edited:

stretcher

Juniors
In the modern game it is called rotation; as far as the rest of your comments - you seemed to have watched the game with blinkered glasses.
Next you will be saying parra dominated every facet of the game three minutes to go they were behind and penrith replacement hooker did drop the ball over the line so 16 year olds need to be rotated every ten minutes and you think they will benefit a state side don't think so hala and Clarke by far the best front rowers in the comp and ur dreaming to think otherwise.

stumpyone

Juniors
The replacement hooker had it punched out by Tyrell Fuimoano and 2 other players on him at the end of the 1st half not with 3 minutes to go. Once he wa replaced he did not return to the field in the 2nd half. Please do not start playing blame games for the loss as has been said only16 year olds.

stretcher

Juniors
The replacement hooker had it punched out by Tyrell Fuimoano and 2 other players on him at the end of the 1st half not with 3 minutes to go. Once he wa replaced he did not return to the field in the 2nd half. Please do not start playing blame games for the loss as has been said only16 year olds.
I wasn't blaming anyone just noting the opportunities they had that didn't come off I thought he was good

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Looking ahead to 2013 what Matts players do you expect to join the SG Ball squad? You would think Jennings, Hala and Clark are certainties.

Watene-Zelezniak and Lodge should dominate SG Ball next year.

Any Harold Matts boys able to play again next year? I think i read here that Coppins is.

How are our 15's this year?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Next you will be saying parra dominated every facet of the game three minutes to go they were behind and penrith replacement hooker did drop the ball over the line so 16 year olds need to be rotated every ten minutes and you think they will benefit a state side don't think so hala and Clarke by far the best front rowers in the comp and ur dreaming to think otherwise.

I not saying anything, dude; I believe the selection of the NSW pack is not clear cut as you seem to think.

To be honest, there was not a struck match between the two packs, two sides and two squads but the Parramatta side was on the end of a 11-2 penalty count; albeit probably 9 were clear cut and probably deserved.

You seem to be saying Penrith were unlucky, they were not. Either side could have won it on the day.

It was a quality game of football; hopefully, Parra have not left in on the field when they play Newcastle this weekend.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Possible suspensions for the players on report may have an affect. Tyrell looks to have a problem.

Yeah Stumpy, you could be right - couldn't really tell on the 1st one (rack) from the sideline; but 2nd one (use of the forearm) I'm sure it missed its target although intent might be a issue.

stretcher

Juniors
I not saying anything, dude; I believe the selection of the NSW pack is not clear cut as you seem to think.

To be honest, there was not a struck match between the two packs, two sides and two squads but the Parramatta side was on the end of a 11-2 penalty count; albeit probably 9 were clear cut and probably deserved.

You seem to be saying Penrith were unlucky, they were not. Either side could have won it on the day.

It was a quality game of football; hopefully, Parra have not left in on the field when they play Newcastle this weekend.
Not saying that I'm saying the two props from penrith are bigger stronger fitter and better by a long way and I think parra will find it tough to back up next week but good luck to them.

stumpyone

Juniors
Yeah Stumpy, you could be right - couldn't really tell on the 1st one (rack) from the sideline; but 2nd one (use of the forearm) I'm sure it missed its target although intent might be a issue.

I think it did connect I understand it was the cause of the blue.in the crowd and the scuffle outside the gate

stretcher

Juniors
I think it did connect I understand it was the cause of the blue.in the crowd and the scuffle outside the gate
What happen to the tough love rule put on report for a headbutt then put on report for dropping elbow on a touch judge report?? What do u have to do to get sent off these days and to make things worse he will will get a slap on the wrist.

ashton

Juniors
Looking ahead to 2013 what Matts players do you expect to join the SG Ball squad? You would think Jennings, Hala and Clark are certainties.

Watene-Zelezniak and Lodge should dominate SG Ball next year.

Any Harold Matts boys able to play again next year? I think i read here that Coppins is.

How are our 15's this year?
Yes Coppins will be eligible, so will Broadbridge (halfback) who played HM for the academy. And the following two player who were on the bench against Parramatta last weekend.
28. Sam McKinlay
29. Vincennes Fialelei

stumpyone

Juniors
Ironic isn't it we chase the kids in the bush while the Sydney clubs are chasing our kids. Sometimes I think that we forget the Penrith Junior comps are among the world's best, bring the bush kids in for a season in the local junior comp and see how the compete week in week out and decide then.

stretcher

Juniors
Ironic isn't it we chase the kids in the bush while the Sydney clubs are chasing our kids. Sometimes I think that we forget the Penrith Junior comps are among the world's best, bring the bush kids in for a season in the local junior comp and see how the compete week in week out and decide then.
Yeah stumpy and we both know there are players who did get picked and because they don't a full game every week want to go elsewhere because they have a high opinion of themselves or the parents do so not all penrith kids actually want to stay so do your homework before u blame the club

Latest posts