What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZF

First Grade
The Raiders camo made it hard to tell where the ball was going on occasion and it must have to the refs too given the inconsistency in the strip rule.

ratsack2

Juniors
so the Sharks are not allowed a short term sponsor on their jersey, but the raiders are aloowed to run out in that piece of shit, that was a disgrace.

Stinkler

Juniors
so the Sharks are not allowed a short term sponsor on their jersey, but the raiders are aloowed to run out in that piece of shit, that was a disgrace.

Manly had a new / short term sponsor on their jersey on Friday night..

Canberra also had LEGACY and HEART FOUNDATION on their strip today.
Sharks weren't allowed a to put a charity on theirs, were they?

roofromoz

First Grade
has anyone seen the Sharks 'official' home jersey this year?

Round 1 v the Tigers.

Todd+Carney+NRL+Rd+1+Wests+Tigers+v+Sharks+CSqSce8qlp7l.jpg

But I think that was it. Happy to be corrected.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think they wore it a second time a couple of weeks later too, but all other rounds have been the heritage strip.

Don't see what the big deal is now FF are on the front of the jersey, talk about dredging up old crap...

applesauce

Bench
It's a shame because it is a classy jersey. A jersey like that doesn't deserve to be hidden when Souths, Wests and Canberra get around in their current kits.

Frailty

First Grade
I think they wore it a second time a couple of weeks later too, but all other rounds have been the heritage strip.

Don't see what the big deal is now FF are on the front of the jersey, talk about dredging up old crap...

Timmah, I'm glad you think something like this should be just 'forgotten' about... It was a clear example of NRL having different rules for different clubs - it is unacceptable full stop. I would be saying the exact same thing had it happened to the Bulldogs - would you be maintaining the same position? I doubt it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Timmah, I'm glad you think something like this should be just 'forgotten' about... It was a clear example of NRL having different rules for different clubs - it is unacceptable full stop. I would be saying the exact same thing had it happened to the Bulldogs - would you be maintaining the same position? I doubt it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, has Irvine himself actually come out and said this, or is it idle gossip by Sharks fans with giant chips on their shoulder?

I'd love to see something official as to where the NRL have denied the Sharks an opportunity...

Perhaps some clarity.

1. The Sharks did not seek to have a charity on their jersey, so it is bullsyte to suggest the NRL prevented it.
2. The NRL prevented the Sharks from having anymore than one game with a short term sponsor...Blades. The reason being fears of devaluing the sponsorship value.

The Sharks accepted the referee's point of view, however were not particularly happy about it.

So, anyone having a one off sponsor last week or a charity on the jersey, is nothing out of the ordinary and in line with NRL rules.

Cheers

If interested here is what Irvine had to say about it: http://sportbizinsider.com.au/featu...irvine-on-the-clubs-hunt-for-a-major-sponsor/

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Status
Not open for further replies.