What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd worst last line of defense

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
He could have done better but so could the whole team. He cant win games on his own.

There are 12 players in front of him who should be making their tackles, it should get to the last line of defence every few minutes.

I wouldn't blame him for feeling depressed playing with this rabble.

Wally21

Bench
I guess you guys have forgotten how many times this year he has been the best on the field for you guys and face it without him on the field in the early rounds you guys looked very pathetic.

You fans always remember his bad games but not his good ones. What about the sharks game he kept you guys in the game by himself.

Never forget he is the only class player you guys have and match winner show him some respect.

Thank you. The mob on here is out for a lynchin and Jarryd, well he's just the man for it this week!

he should not be immune to criticism for a poor performance and he was poor last night, but the same mob on here that wants him gone from the club this week, will be the mob that complains when he becomes a superstar at a club which has a great culture players around him have a dig and a coach who has earned respect based on performance

strider

Post Whore
its not singling him out, we are rubbish across the park - but I agree with this ...

I think Hayne has either lost interest or is playing injured

Even in the city-country match he didn't seem right and he has always stepped up when it comes to rep footy

something is wrong

Wally21

Bench
its not singling him out, we are rubbish across the park - but I agree with this ...

Even in the city-country match he didn't seem right and he has always stepped up when it comes to rep footy

something is wrong

Can't disagree with the fact that he hasn't looked right over the last 2 weeks

EelsFan05

Bench
Well he should get surgery and sit out whatever the time required to get well. The team is going nowhere this year. We might as well blood some young players and see how they go.

oldmancraigy

Coach
He had Jono Wright jogging down the side WITH NO SUPPORT and he tries to go high and misses him altogether.

No blaming him for the the ones where he's outnumbered.

And what about the Reynolds try???? showed heaps of urgency there

Actually the Reynolds try is the only one he could get a pass mark for last night.

It was just a very good kick. Hayne was sprinting towards it - but the only way it could've been covered was for one of the other defenders to get to it.

Burt had the corner covered, Hayne had the inside bounce covered, but Ryan Morgan ran towards Burt instead of towards the ball.

That one is on Morgan.

Having said that, it was a shocking performance from Hayne, and I hope he gets shown JONO FREAKIN WRIGHT beating him all ends up every day this week (for hours on end).

oldmancraigy

Coach
I guess you guys have forgotten how many times this year he has been the best on the field for you guys and face it without him on the field in the early rounds you guys looked very pathetic.

You fans always remember his bad games but not his good ones. What about the sharks game he kept you guys in the game by himself.

Never forget he is the only class player you guys have and match winner show him some respect.

No doubt you're right.

However he had a shocking game.

And because he always looks so "calm" (even when playing well) it makes us angry at his bad games.

True EEL

Bench
I've said for a while he is wasted at Fullback....he has too much available spare time, so to speak, to drift in and out of the game. His positional play is sub-standard. His effort to get to the ball or the attacker is sub-standard. His support play is sub-standard. His attitude is also unacceptable at the moment, but you have to wonder whether that is to do with the coach and the way the team is going?

I don't know how many more ways to say this. Put him at 5/8, give him and Sandow the keys to the team and tell him to lead.

The only stages in last night's game when Hayne looked interested and effective were early when he laid on that try for Sio in the corner standing at second receiver, and mid second hald when he started calling for the ball and attempting to make plays. Sadly, he could't make anything happen and he went back to dropping his head and looking disinterested.

Vira

Juniors
He had Jono Wright jogging down the side WITH NO SUPPORT and he tries to go high and misses him altogether.

No blaming him for the the ones where he's outnumbered.

And what about the Reynolds try???? showed heaps of urgency there

If Hayne dived for the ball off the Reynolds chip kick I believe he would have got there first. He is meant to be one of the fastest runners in the NRL he should have easily prevented that try.
Hayne's size and power is intimidating to oppositions and he just doesn't use that to his advantage. He is one hell of a gifted player and is our best attacking weapon but it seems like he is just playing out his contract with the Parra to go elsewhere. What else could it be...

Haynzy

First Grade
I think put Hayne at Centre to replace Willie T. Not as much pressure as 5/8 or Fullback.

natheel

Coach
problem with Hayne is he comes in too quick on a player who broke the line and coming towards him, it happened 2 times last night. The attacker would see he's flying in and put on a step and bamboozle Hayne. He needs to slow down a bit and not give him self the embarrassment that Jono Wright type players are making him look silly

natheel

Coach
also on hayne contract, it ends at the end of next year right? well expect a massive season from him next year so he gains more interest and pushes his price up. TBH i'm sick of watching him being half hearted and distant.If a coach criticises him he whinges....what type of professional does that when they're doing something they love and being payed for it.

Dragon2010

First Grade
I'm only saying this as what I see from not being a Parra supporter. Not that I hate Parra my whole family support them so I'm the lone on here. Hayne is pure talent and he has the ability to wreck havock no doubt and be a good defender. I don't think he has an injury affecting him. I think by the looks of things he just has some issues going in. Whether its the club culture, the coach, his relationship with the other players or issues at home. He just looks disinterested and at times looks like he simply switches off. I know it's been mentioned above but this is just what I see from being an external supporter. However the attitude problem might lie with Hayne himself it might not. How do we know? We don't unless Kearney sits him down and gives him some disciplinary action and talks to him as his boss not his friend and works out the issues. There's nothing I'd like to see more then Hayne return to his '09 form.

natheel

Coach
I'm only saying this as what I see from not being a Parra supporter. Not that I hate Parra my whole family support them so I'm the lone on here. Hayne is pure talent and he has the ability to wreck havock no doubt and be a good defender. I don't think he has an injury affecting him. I think by the looks of things he just has some issues going in. Whether its the club culture, the coach, his relationship with the other players or issues at home. He just looks disinterested and at times looks like he simply switches off. I know it's been mentioned above but this is just what I see from being an external supporter. However the attitude problem might lie with Hayne himself it might not. How do we know? We don't unless Kearney sits him down and gives him some disciplinary action and talks to him as his boss not his friend and works out the issues. There's nothing I'd like to see more then Hayne return to his '09 form.

he's been like that since the start of 2010 mate. so it's not just 1 particular coach. it's every coach that isn't afraid to stand up to him.

Djay

Juniors

You raise a good point, I am of the belief that something within our club is not right, I've said it before and will continue to. I just think now it's more evident then ever and it is really showing on the field. I think 2009 was a sugar coating to this and it's been around for years.

reynolds try was a freakish sort of bounce or spin away from Hayne not completely his fault but he lacked speed to get there, but a couple of those one on one tackles he missed were shocking.
Sticky won't pick him for origin.

Glenn

First Grade
Yes Hayne showed at a lack of urgency at the back, and for a supposed star player the attitude is rotten, however he is not the only one on the field and it would help if some others actually put in as well.

Ant

Juniors
Look jarryd is not our worst player but he is our highest paid and his performances are a longways from 2009.
For me he has always had a questionable approach, but his brilliance covers up a lack of application at times. Even in 2009 I often think his failure to get to the bomb and let inglis catch it untouched and score was the match losing moment. Do I blame hayne no because he created so much , but it was just a example of why he is not I the same ballpark as a thurston, smith, cronk, slater. He is not a competitor like those guys he is just as talented but attitude holds himback.
You could argue he is the games most talented player but the lack of eye of the tiger means he and the eels are not what they could be. Give hayne the drive of hindy or even mannah he would be unstoppable.

Not sure what to do i think it was hoped when inu and Mateo left guys with similar attitudes that it would help.

I am sure SK will be looking at attitude when he looks for new signings.
Mannah and hindy have it. Keating gets too much crap, his talent may be questioned but he at least applies himself. Matua has it.
The rest of the side has some or none.

A team can have a lack of talent or a lack of attitude but not both and attitude is the bigger issue. Problem I think some of younger players see hayne as the leader and it must rub off.

If I was SK I would building around mannah, keating, Blair sio Ryan sandow
Matua all good loko . And hoppa.

Burt hindy fui are nearing the end and will see out contracts. Roberts Paulo horo Atkins poore shack only resign on performance or short term if options are a year away.
Hayne well if he stays great if not then we move on. Always sig n attitude

Avenger

Immortal
Hayne had his worst ever game. His confidence is shot and his discipline is poor. There is no chance he will be the NSW fullback.

bartman

Immortal
A stint on the wing would do him wonders imo.

But longer term I reckon he doesn't like the harder work at fullback (in a beaten side, rather than the go forward side we were in late 2009) and might be eyeing off the easier workload of a switch to the outside backs in rugby union... would hardly get his jersey dirty, and would only be required for the flashy bits...