What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v's Melbourne Storm

And I also asked Gus about how far away Vaipuna is from NRL.

He came back with:
- 1 month in NSW Cup needed first
- Followed up by 2 games off the bench in August to give him a taste before the off-season.

Starting to come together...

This is the talk I need to hear. When a fan base is waiting for Plum and Smith to come back you know we need help in the backrow.

franklin2323

Immortal
And I also asked Gus about how far away Vaipuna is from NRL.

He came back with:
- 1 month in NSW Cup needed first
- Followed up by 2 games off the bench in August to give him a taste before the off-season.

Starting to come together...

You would expect something like that from anyone that knows jnr development. Then he goes back to 20's a better player & they win the comp. Siejka's out so he can't replace Lewis. Prob Simpkins if Kingston's git.

Big Mick

Referee
You would expect something like that from anyone that knows jnr development. Then he goes back to 20's a better player & they win the comp. Siejka's out so he can't replace Lewis. Prob Simpkins if Kingston's git.

Oh I know...that's what they did with Austin at the back end of the year too. I just wanted to get some of you guys excited that the crop is coming.

Then if Lewis can't play...I imagine two things will happen:

1. Austin will stay at #6 with Achurch or Jesse Sene-Lafao coming into the team.
2. Austin will move to the #13 with Matt Moylan coming into the team as five-eight

I also asked Gus about Moylan a few days ago to just see how far away he is. He said he isn't far away and will get his shot soon. He basically said he is the ultimate team guy...has played fullback, five-eight, halfback for Windsor & excelled which we all agree on.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah. I was speaking to Jesse the other week after a Windsor game. He didn't seem to frustrated with being in NSW Cup. He said his time will come he has things to work on. So I would say the players have had contact & know where they stand. The good thing is NRL is struggling so we can afford to blood a few young guys.

Yeah. I would assume Moylan would come in atleast on the bench. We need a kicking game with no Walsh. Lewis, Austin & Coote should take more of a role. So a like for like is Moylan coming in.

Big Mick

Referee
Apparently now Kingston has passed his fitness test.

I'd imagine the team would be:

1. Coote, 18. Etu Uaisele, 3. Michael Jennings, 4. Geoff Daniela, 19. Josh Mansour, 6. Blake Austin, 9. Travis Burns, 8. Sam McKendry, 20. Kevin Kingston, 10. Tim Grant, 11. Cameron Ciraldo, 12. Danny Galea, 16. Clint Newton
RES: 14. Ryan Simpkins, 15. Dayne Weston, 17. Matt Robinson, 22. Chris Armit....Gotta think there is a #21 in there somewhere....

Might actually help some of the peaheart forwards if Lewis is out. Stop watching him and try run the ball hard. Weston is the only one who ever looks like he's trying

franklin2323

Immortal
Might actually help some of the peaheart forwards if Lewis is out. Stop watching him and try run the ball hard. Weston is the only one who ever looks like he's trying

Armit has a dig. Just isn't skillful enough. But yeah we can hope. Is anyone Stuart named as a certainty for Origin still standing?? Hopefully he's right to go

Pisses me off. The team is obviously out classed in games and when that happens your only option is to go out there and try to belt them out of the game. Only Lewis, Weston and BURNS FFS look like they are trying to put a hit on.

franklin2323

Immortal
Pisses me off. The team is obviously out classed in games and when that happens your only option is to go out there and try to belt them out of the game. Only Lewis, Weston and BURNS FFS look like they are trying to put a hit on.

I am an idiot and go to almost every game including Townsville in 2 weeks. The amount of times the forwards just stand there while we are getting smashed is just pathetic

Panther67

Juniors
Josh Mansour is making his debut today on the wing for Simmons, who got dropped as well as Uaisele whos taken over Tighe's spot.

Big Mick

Referee
Josh Mansour is making his debut today on the wing for Simmons, who got dropped as well as Uaisele whos taken over Tighe's spot.

Thanks scoop.

Gould announced on Twitter now that Lewis IS playing and has overcome his injury.

Line up likely:

1. Lachlan Coote
18. Etu Uaisale
3. Michael Jennings
4. Geoff Daniela
19. Josh Mansour
6. Blake Austin
9. Travis Burns
8. Sam Mckendry,
20. Kevin Kingston
10. Tim Grant
11. Cameron Ciraldo