What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Disgraceful Club

Gronk

Staff member
AGM was on Tuesday not Monday as stated.
There is a reason why most of us here leaft that site to come here, the author of that story is reason.
Not one article he has written over years have been unbaised.
He is a nuffy a nobody and i can't believe Gronk even bothered to goto that site.

I didn't. Google news alerts send me prompts on news articles from all over the shop.

#dontshootthemessenger

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
The real disgrace is that a f**kwit bulldog troll writes shit like this and it gets support from so called parramatta supporters.

Because some of the shit this bulldog f**kwit writes is true. But sadly you have your head rammed up so far up the boards arse you fail to see it.

The AGM was a joke, and like I said in the AGM thread the only reason why the players and coaching staff were present was to take the heat off the board which worked like a charm. And as a Parramatta supporter I was disgusted to see Hindmarsh having to answer dumb questions, just so the board can wash there hands from the matter.

I'll give them credit, they have done a great job as far as the leagues club is concerned but there handling of the NRL side has been nothing short of amateurish, I will support the boys that don the blue and gold till the day I die, and I will hammer the bastards that make this club of ours look like a joke.

Tooooks

Bench
A disgraceful club? I guess we could be more disgraceful by being involved in alleged gang rapes and rampant salary cap cheating...
A Disgraceful Club: The Parramatta Eels have been a joke for a long time now.

Like in 2009 when we made the grand final? Yep, that's a long time. I guess it was a bit funny when we knocked the dogs out that year.

They have been a shockingly run club with a shambolic front office

I think he's probably on the money with that one.

a historically insipid recruiting staff

As someone already mentioned, Noel Cleal...

a lazy and lacklustre playing group

Might have a point there, too.

and the odd coach who is well out of his depth.

Again, it would seem that way.

the Eels scored 34 points against an injury-ravaged Raiders and still managed to lose.

Injury ravaged? Apart from Campo, who was out?

I won't bother dissecting the rest. Have to admit though, he is on the money with a few of his points.

It's just an emotive, anti-Parra rant. He probably thinks of himself as a journalist. :lol:

Arrrhhh MattO. Still remember him at the 2000 GF qualifier when he decided it was a good idea to taunt Parramatta supporters after the loss, he wasn't smiling at the end of it.

To answer question, No MattO was not at the AGM, a few of us would have noticed. As far as I know he is not a member, but you don't have to be to see the footage from the AGM which was uploaded to the Eels site, which might be where he is getting his information from.

Either way. One thing I will add, at the end of the AGM, someone (Nikki said he was a neighbour of hers) got up and said that getting the players up to face the members was a farce and a tactic used to divert blame from the board. Those that remained (as a large number of them left after the Vikings vote) applauded that.

Springs

First Grade
It might shock him to realize that many of us think we're still better off without the lying mongrel in charge!

Some of the points made in the article are woeful.
The hiring of Osbourne wasn't the abject failure it has been made out as. The guy recruited some quality players, and oversaw an enormous membership drive. There's positives alongside the negatives (many of which were invented...)

Sacking Andersen wasn't (I still believe) based on reason, but rather on him being "Fitzy's man" and was a terrible idea. Basically they decided to get rid of him to free themselves of the last remnants of the 'old regime'.
Hiring SK was seen as a mastersroke by all in the media at the time - one journo rated him the 2nd best coach in the comp BEFORE last season kicked off.

As far as recruiting for a 'different style' to SK's style - absolute bollocks. Of course SK had a say in whom we were chasing - that's why we were talking about the 65 year extension.

If we had results on the field, everyone would be saying what a great job they were doing.

So it's not like they're imbeciles at running the business side of things, it's just struggle-central ON the paddock.
The football side of operations is a shambles - and you can't blame the board for that - the coach is the one who is somehow managing to get a group with reasonable talent to play like Wentworthville.

It was?

Do you forget who the journo was? And how awful a call that was, naming someone who hadn't coached a first grade club as the second best in the comp.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
lol @ Matt O'Neill....this grub defended his club through the Coffs Harbour and Sallary cap scandal..

he is a grub of the highest order.

Bit of truth in what he says but should keep out of it really. This is a guy who was good mates with Les Bateman. Look this guy up.

SDM

First Grade
Not sure who the grub is, the author or Gronk? ME, can you summarise opinion for me?

oldmancraigy

Coach
It was?

Do you forget who the journo was? And how awful a call that was, naming someone who hadn't coached a first grade club as the second best in the comp.

Hey I never said I agreed with the call.

But that one journo wasn't alone. Plenty of people were hailing SK as the 'saviour'

ParraAds

Juniors
Hey I never said I agreed with the call.

But that one journo wasn't alone. Plenty of people were hailing SK as the 'saviour'

And there were just as many who were highly dubious about his appointment.

Who so far, seem justified in their beliefs, despite the death-rider taunts from the likely suspects.

Eels Dude

Coach
Burt said the players volunteered to do this did he not?

If Burt said it, it must be true. It was reported via the media was it not?

A very over the top article and no surprise from a Bulldogs tragic and typical bulls**ter like Matt'O. Sadly, he makes a couple of accurate points, though he could have expressed them better.

El Diablo

Post Whore
the author of this article is a Parra hater

one of his articles was pulled from Crikey after he accused us of salary cap cheating

El Diablo

Post Whore
You're kidding Me!
How'd you come to that conclusion?

Suity
Nick Tedeschi ‏@NickTedeschi All signs point to a gritty Bulldogs victory tonight. Dogs 16-12 final though hopefully it is Dogs 49-0.

1:23 PM - 25 Sep 09 via web ·

Nick Tedeschi ‏@NickTedeschi Parramatta are the France of the NRL...always make plenty of noise but when push comes to shove they can be found cowering in a corner.

5:06 PM - 25 Sep 09 via web

Nick Tedeschi ‏@NickTedeschi f**k you Parramatta. I hope Hayne gets suspended, your filthy suburb is blown to pieces and Fitzgerald sues you to bankruptcy.

12:32 PM - 26 Sep 09 via web

:lol:

Latest posts