What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nrl Betting

diggo

Juniors
Should be another easy win for QLD tomorrow night! For now:

QLD (-2.5) - $1,000 @ $1.68

Also took the $2 footy show special for a QLD win, too bad I could only put $100 on. Easy money none the less.

I'll probably have more bets to come. Good luck :)

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I'm gonna go

$20 QLD -3.5
$20 QLD race to 10 points $1.65
$20 QLD try as first scoring play $2.05

and then $20 on all the following

First try at

16-23.59 $5.50
24-31.59 $11
32-40 $26
and then 10 bucks on second half at $34

Should provide some entertainment in the game for me.

Last edited:

diggo

Juniors
Should be another easy win for QLD tomorrow night! For now:

QLD (-2.5) - $1,000 @ $1.68

Also took the $2 footy show special for a QLD win, too bad I could only put $100 on. Easy money none the less.

I'll probably have more bets to come. Good luck :)

Going well this year. Over $6k in the green for the year.

This week, not many overs around. I do like Melbourne once again! They've been providing the best value all year. Brisbane are weakened by the absence of a few big guns, and Melbourne's big 3 should play plenty of minutes. I'll have a reduced wager on Melbourne here. Apart from that, Manly could be some value. Rabbits could easily chalk up a 20-30 point margin over the Raiders tonight, so I may have a little something on them at large odds. I'll wait for more news on Inglis/Taylor.

For now:

Melbourne (-2.5) - $400 @ $1.70

Should be back with more later. Good luck!

Last edited:

diggo

Juniors
Update: Not sure how Canberra can compete at all tonight. Their 3 best players missing (Dugan, Campese, Ferguson) not to mention a couple of forwards. This could get ugly if the Rabbits are on. I'm thinking 40 or 50 points. For starters:

Rabbitohs (-4.5) - $300 @ $1.49

And something a little left field:

Rabbitohs (-23.5) - $51 @ $3.95

A sneaky $150 bet on Melbourne (-27.5) vs Penrith I had a few weeks ago came off @ $4 or $5 odds. Have a good feeling about this one too.

Last edited:

diggo

Juniors
Update: Not sure how Canberra can compete at all tonight. Their 3 best players missing (Dugan, Campese, Ferguson) not to mention a couple of forwards. This could get ugly if the Rabbits are on. I'm thinking 40 or 50 points. For starters:

Rabbitohs (-4.5) - $300 @ $1.49

And something a little left field:

Rabbitohs (-23.5) - $51 @ $3.95

Added another $205 (-4.5) @ $1.49

Diggo you seem to be into the line betting? Is that where you see the best returns? I am a bit of a blaze' kind of better, mostly punting on First try scorers and trying to get multi bets up, usually from a selection of 4 teams at either 1-12 or 13+

diggo

Juniors
Diggo you seem to be into the line betting? Is that where you see the best returns? I am a bit of a blaze' kind of better, mostly punting on First try scorers and trying to get multi bets up, usually from a selection of 4 teams at either 1-12 or 13+

Yeah mate, Centrebet's pick your own line always provides the best value.. particularly the (-2.5) and (-4.5). Sometimes I will bet head to head for more security, but in the long term it will be much less profitable than the small lines.

I also make sure I only stick to proven performing heavyweights. Melbourne, Brisbane etc. Last year it was Dragons and Manly as well.

There are some exceptions, such as tonight. I rate the Rabbits, but they can be inconsistent, so I usually stay away from them. But tonight they are almost certainties against a heavily depleted Canberra team. $1.49 (-4.5) is overs.

And that's what it's all about.. finding "over's". You may hear me talk about it a lot. It doesn't guarantee a win, but it means long-term profitability.

I'd stay away from first try scorers. The betting agencies have quite a large margin on these, as they bring in less revenue then Hd/Hd or line betting. I'd also stay away from the multi's.

diggo

Juniors
So I have taken a leaf out of Diggos book and mine.

I have gone Manly -6.5, Souths -10.5, Storm -4.5 multibet $10 @ $6.12

It is Origin week, and there are always uncertainties with players backing up. I'm betting with reduced wagers this week, because risk is higher. I'm not that confident with your multi here, your lines are a little high. Don't get too greedy ;)

Grapple

Bench
Yeah mate, Centrebet's pick your own line always provides the best value.. particularly the (-2.5) and (-4.5). Sometimes I will bet head to head for more security, but in the long term it will be much less profitable than the small lines.

I also make sure I only stick to proven performing heavyweights. Melbourne, Brisbane etc. Last year it was Dragons and Manly as well.

There are some exceptions, such as tonight. I rate the Rabbits, but they can be inconsistent, so I usually stay away from them. But tonight they are almost certainties against a heavily depleted Canberra team. $1.49 (-4.5) is overs.

And that's what it's all about.. finding "over's". You may hear me talk about it a lot. It doesn't guarantee a win, but it means long-term profitability.

I'd stay away from first try scorers. The betting agencies have quite a large margin on these, as they bring in less revenue then Hd/Hd or line betting. I'd also stay away from the multi's.

Why? I'd like to know your thoughts on Multi bets, because that's all i've ever used. I've had some good returns on that, but I do know the danger of a surprise underdog ruining the bet (see the possibility of Parra below) but i've never bet the line before.

Put a sneaky $10 Multi on,

Dragons 12- @$2.85
Most tries Sau v Idris - Idris @ $4.00
Manly 13+ @$2.85

Return = $262.00

diggo

Juniors
I always feel nervous betting against a team with Jarryd Hayne, but surely the Dragons will be too strong tonight:

Dragons (-2.5) - $250 @ $1.59
Dragons (-4.5) - $125 @ $1.77

diggo

Juniors
Reminds me why I haven't backed the Dragons all season! What a dud bet that was.

Today, having another reduced wager on Manly:

Manly (-2.5) - $300 @ $1.59
Manly (-4.5) - $100 @ $1.77

So I have taken a leaf out of Diggos book and mine.

I have gone Manly -6.5, Souths -10.5, Storm -4.5 multibet $10 @ $6.12

Got the first 2 legs up, but Manly look to be struggling a little against the Panthers, You might have been right Diggo, maybe I was getting a bit too greedy with the lines. Still 40 min to go Manly behind by 2..

I am using Sportsbet. And the lines are fairly on par with what you quoted, some were better some were worse. Much of a muchness.