What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anywhere to watch NRL replays or highlights??

Grapple

Bench
The nrl.com link for game highlights and any video footage at all on that site goes directly to NRL.TV which i'm unable to view because i'm in NZ. (Loved it last year when you could use the full game replay).
As of this season i've been unable to watch any highlights of games at all, which is absolutely ridiculous and seems to me to be a giant backwards step for growth of the game.

It'd be nice to be able to simply view some delayed footage or highlights of games without paying a subscription or denied access because of where you live.

So if anyone knows any sites that show highlights of previous games that would be sweet.

Cheers.

Fire

First Grade
FOX Sports NRL site has heaps of good stuff. Highlights of games, highlights of NRL footy shows (i.e., the Back Page, NRL on FOX, etc), interviews throughout the week, and press conferences after the game.

Here's the link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league

I don't know where to get full games online, sorry.

Grapple

Bench
FOX Sports NRL site has heaps of good stuff. Highlights of games, highlights of NRL footy shows (i.e., the Back Page, NRL on FOX, etc), interviews throughout the week, and press conferences after the game.

Here's the link: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league

I don't know where to get full games online, sorry.

Thanks for your help mate, but same old story.

"Sorry, we're unable to offer this video to users in your region".

Ffs... you'd think they didn't want league fans in NZ at all! Is it any wonder people stream league illegally online these days?

Fire

First Grade
Thanks for your help mate, but same old story.

"Sorry, we're unable to offer this video to users in your region".

Ffs... you'd think they didn't want league fans in NZ at all! Is it any wonder people stream league illegally online these days?

Really?! Damn, sorry I couldn't help.

Mate as fickle as it sounds, maybe write a letter or send an email to the NRL letting them know your disappointment and asking for an explanation, they might throw you something.

This has got me worried, I have to travel later this year and was looking forward to keeping in contact with the Dragons progress week in week out.

Have you tried watching the videos on each individuals clubs website?? Maybe the Warriors website will let you see something??

Grapple

Bench
Really?! Damn, sorry I couldn't help.

Mate as fickle as it sounds, maybe write a letter or send an email to the NRL letting them know your disappointment and asking for an explanation, they might throw you something.

This has got me worried, I have to travel later this year and was looking forward to keeping in contact with the Dragons progress week in week out.

Have you tried watching the videos on each individuals clubs website?? Maybe the Warriors website will let you see something??

Warriors show highlights all good, but only their games and club reports etc (But in rubbish quality). The rest of the other teams are mainly Bigpond which has some issue with broadcasting in NZ. I think I might send an Email, actually.

The only way I can watch a full game is if I either:

A - fork out ridiculous money for a SKY subscription (think Foxtel)
B - go down to my local pub and watch it.
C- Look around the internet for some poor quality stream.
D- League unlimited live commentary stream.

Fair enough if I have to pay to watch league each week, it is what it is... but I shouldn't have to pay, or be restricted to watch highlights of a game.

I love Basketball, it's probably my fave sport. I purchased an online account for a one of fee of $65.00 US for the whole season and playoffs of ANY game and ALL games in the most amazing HD quality. No issues at all....

Fire

First Grade
Warriors show highlights all good, but only their games and club reports etc (But in rubbish quality). The rest of the other teams are mainly Bigpond which has some issue with broadcasting in NZ. I think I might send an Email, actually.

The only way I can watch a full game is if I either:

A - fork out ridiculous money for a SKY subscription (think Foxtel)
B - go down to my local pub and watch it.
C- Look around the internet for some poor quality stream.
D- League unlimited live commentary stream.

Fair enough if I have to pay to watch league each week, it is what it is... but I shouldn't have to pay, or be restricted to watch highlights of a game.

I love Basketball, it's probably my fave sport. I purchased an online account for a one of fee of $65.00 US for the whole season and playoffs of ANY game and ALL games in the most amazing HD quality. No issues at all....

I see. Very true that you shouldn't have to pay to watch match highlights. Mention your basketball subscription in the email you send the NRL mate.

LeagueNut

First Grade
The nrl.com link for game highlights and any video footage at all on that site goes directly to NRL.TV which i'm unable to view because i'm in NZ. (Loved it last year when you could use the full game replay).
What link are you using? I use this one for the highlights & full game replays and it's working fine for me.

Grapple

Bench
What link are you using? I use this one for the highlights & full game replays and it's working fine for me.

Yeah that's the one. It automatically redirects to nrl.tv and I can't watch it. Last year that was all good, but i think it's since nrl.tv has come on the scene...I know another mate of mine in Auckland that's been having the same problem this year.

ozbash

Referee
I just watched on leaguenuts link - Auckland.

Check your security settings etc, Id say its your end..

Grapple

Bench
Yeah, you're right.... I managed to bring up the game analyser but it says "Only available to users in Australia and NZ" That's pretty obvious.
But i've tried different browsers, reset routers etc....? It's probably something to do with my computer location or software being seen by the server as outside Aus/NZ.

Cheers for the help, you guys have narrowed it down a bit.

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm in England and have the same problem. If you google proxy servers you'll find a way to get around territory restrictions.

Chook Norris

First Grade
yep might have to try proxy servers

NRL's youtube page also shows round game highlights but they are often delayed by 2 weeks