What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harold Matthews and SG Ball Discussion Thread

stumpyone

Juniors
Not blaming anyone, stating a fact we look in the bush and Sydney clubs look in Penrith. A Matts front rower has been approached by at least 2 Sydney clubs. A Ball utility hooker is in the same position. All I am saying is bring the country players in and play them against St Mary's & Minchinbury and Windsor and see how they go.

ashton

Juniors
Not blaming anyone, stating a fact we look in the bush and Sydney clubs look in Penrith. A Matts front rower has been approached by at least 2 Sydney clubs. A Ball utility hooker is in the same position. All I am saying is bring the country players in and play them against St Mary's & Minchinbury and Windsor and see how they go.

Stumpy I understand what you are saying, but the only problems is if Penrith don't sign players from the bush, there is still nothing to stop the Penrith Harold Matthews or SG Ball player from signing with another club.

stretcher

Juniors
Stumpy I understand what you are saying, but the only problems is if Penrith don't sign players from the bush, there is still nothing to stop the Penrith Harold Matthews or SG Ball player from signing with another club.
Every decent player in every club gets approach nothing will stop that it all comes down to wanting to be a panther.

ashton

Juniors
Every decent player in every club gets approach nothing will stop that it all comes down to wanting to be a panther.

Agree stretcher Penrith HM side had no imports this year but lost two juniors to Parramatta (Tyrell Fuimaono and Amos Viaga)

stretcher

Juniors
Agree stretcher Penrith HM side had no imports this year but lost two juniors to Parramatta (Tyrell Fuimaono and Amos Viaga)
Yep and also Ethan Wright went to wests but it shows how much depth penrith had and don't forget the three season ending injuries in there forward pack and I believe the coaching was good to hold them together and the bounce of the ball was the difference between them and parra.

ashton

Juniors
Yep and also Ethan Wright went to wests but it shows how much depth penrith had and don't forget the three season ending injuries in there forward pack and I believe the coaching was good to hold them together and the bounce of the ball was the difference between them and parra.

And they beat Newcastle 36 - 6 in round1

cmtf

Juniors
Heard that Clark, Hala,Jennings & Hill had try outs for the U/16 NSW side on Monday. Does anyone know how they went,& when does the NSW side get anounced? Hala, Clark & Jennings would look good in BLUE. I think they deserve it.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Clark played plenty of minutes and went well. Did a lot of tackling(best defender in the comp)

Jennings was strong.

Hala barely got any time on the field but was good. Assuming he is already picked, hence the small amount of minutes.

Hill was the stand out of the 4 players from Penrith but faces stiff competition as this age group has plenty of quality Second Rowers.

Side gets announced tomorrow.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Bryce Cartwright, Uafa Lavaka, Matt Lodge, Chris Smith and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak all selected in the NSW CCC squad.

stretcher

Juniors
Tigers and Magpies combined next year interested in a number of Matts and Ball players
Give it a rest stumpy trying to derail a successful year by making out players going elsewhere to panic penrith into signing juniors let them go if they don't wanna play for the mighty panthers.

ashton

Juniors
Penrith mid year under 17 development squad.

SURNAME FIRST NAME CLUB

LOGAN GEYER BROTHERS
JOSHUA GRANT BROTHERS
JOSHUA JAY BROTHERS
SCOTT NYBURG BROTHERS
DOMINIC TIMOTEO-PURDIE BROTHERS
NIUMAHUNU TUPOU BROTHERS
DALE CADALBERT COLYTON/MT DRUITT
JODECY DUNLOP COLYTON/MT DRUITT
TYRONE MAIAVA COLYTON/MT DRUITT
MITCHELL SUBOTIN COLYTON/MT DRUITT signed from Logan city
AKERIPA TIA KILIFI COLYTON/MT DRUITT