What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Road trip to Melbourne

Bricey

Juniors
Hey guys, just wondering who is making the trip down to melbourne for next weeks game. Just booked my tickets with a mate for the tigers away team section. Bays 10 and 11, on the non broadcast side, near the tryline.

Can't wait! Stinging to see the boys make it 7 in a row!

BuffaloRules

Coach
I'll be there for my annual away ( outside of Sydney) trip a year...

Last year on the same June long weekend they played the Warriors, hope this tradition continues....

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bastard. I've gotta get from Kooyong to the ground, will take me all of 20 minutes from work lol

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
On a selfish note, I'm glad we will have Keefy & young Woods playing for us this weekend. But on a realistic note WTF?????
Grant????........ and Merrin (again), not to mention Creagh (again) and a half fit Watmough.......Queensland by how many????

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Tim Grant has been sensational to be fair. I wouldn't play both of Merrin & Woods - both are too similar. Grant's that little bit more dynamic with his running.

Creagh however shouldn't be there.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Tim Grant has been sensational to be fair. I wouldn't play both of Merrin & Woods - both are too similar. Grant's that little bit more dynamic with his running.

Creagh however shouldn't be there.

OK then I will take my WT bias out of the equation, I have always been a fan of Grant's & wished we got him instead of Bell "at the time". Happy with Bell's efforts thus far at WT's though. Just a bit disappointed we don't have a bigger representation in SOO, though Woods' time will come sooner rather than later. It just peeves me to see NSW make the same selection blunders year in & year out. They tend to pick teams that won't (or shouldn't) lose games, rather than picking teams that will win games IMO......

Bricey

Juniors
Knew you'd be there Mel!

I'll be in my tigers jacket. Black with orange sleeves and my young fella will be in his lote dreadlocks hat. Love to catch up and share a sherbert.
I'll be there. Making the long arduous 10 minute journey from work :D

Go Tigers

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Woods' time will come.

IMO it's KG that has been shafted. He or Woods should definitely be there instead of Creagh.

simmo1

First Grade
Anyone know when (or if) they televise this in Victoria? I'll be in Victoria (but not Melbourne) for this game, so I'm hoping they show it live being a Storm game and all, but I'm not particularly optimistic about it.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
If its a ch9 game then it will be shown on GEM.

If you don't have that channell, then yoy'll have to stay up til midnight to watch it on 9 or wait 2 or so hours after fulltime to watch it on Fox

meltiger

First Grade
Knew you'd be there Mel!

I'll be in my tigers jacket. Black with orange sleeves and my young fella will be in his lote dreadlocks hat. Love to catch up and share a sherbert.

I'll pm u my number mate.

Trying to decide between the black one from our last set (the 2010 prelim one) or Sirro testimonial one :)

Good news for those coming down is the weather seems to be on the improve. Last two days have been COLD with Monday a particular turd given how much rain came down. Blue skies out this morning though.

Definitely will need to be on their game though. Kinda glad for Canberra last week, nice warm up for what Friday night might hold.

Last edited:

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'll be there. Making the long arduous 10 minute journey from work :D

Go Tigers

Bastard. I've gotta get from Kooyong to the ground, will take me all of 20 minutes from work lol

It would have taken me about 25 minutes via PT. Stop whining.;-)
Feeling the first pangs of homesickness, missing out on this one.

UTT!

Also: here is an exclusive image of meltiger playing for his favourite club, the Blue and Gold Tigers:
forward-thinking.jpg

Geez I'm glad I won't be there on Friday night. He'd brain me for this.

Last edited:

incomparable

Juniors
It would have taken me about 25 minutes via PT. Stop whining.;-)
Feeling the first pangs of homesickness, missing out on this one.

UTT!

Also: here is an exclusive image of meltiger playing for his favourite club, the Blue and Gold Tigers:
forward-thinking.jpg

Geez I'm glad I won't be there on Friday night. He'd brain me for this.

At least he got the bald head correct.:sarcasm:](*,)Who'd be stupid enough to be overseas when the tigers are in town. :lol:
You'd better be ready for tomorrow night Meltiger.
I've had enough of Victorians thinking they know the game because the barrack for the storm.

Last edited:

meltiger

First Grade
lol :).

You are the one going grey my friend. But then you are approaching geriatric age

Mine only exist for a week or two ;-)

Latest posts