What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Anderson to help Stephen Kearney at Parramatta Eels

Suitman

Post Whore
Nice work with the hyperlinks!!

People are much 'braver' in a place like this then they'd ever be at any pub though, Mr. 'People' that you mentioned being a particular case in point.

You must be a brilliant mind to have worked that out.
I've met many people in here and share a beer with all that I have. Happily. Including Bart.
I've got no issue with you either and would happily share a beer with you too.
There's NOT ONE person in here I wouldn't do the same with.

Suity

bartman

Immortal
But he makes a good point don't you think Suity, that some people try to be "braver" in here (ie. carry on like more of an arsehole) than they would in person?

It never always used to be that way in here, people didn't carry on so much about picking apart other people's opinions and just got on with the yarning....

#goodolddays

oldmancraigy

Coach
But he makes a good point don't you think Suity, that some people try to be "braver" in here (ie. carry on like more of an arsehole) than they would in person?

It never always used to be that way in here, people didn't carry on so much about picking apart other people's opinions and just got on with the yarning....

#goodolddays

Well we weren't in the middle of a 3-11 season before.

You'd expect the frustration to lead to some lashing out.

And frankly, people's opinions aren't as sacred as you make them out to be ;-) They can certainly hold an opinion that is wrong, and can be empirically shown so. If it can't be empirically shown, then conflicting opinions naturally lead to discussion/ dispute.
I'm certainly not getting all Hegelian (thesis + antithesis = synthesis), but what's wrong with altering one's opinion if one's opinion is no good?

It won't make anyone less of a man.

IFR33K

Coach
You're absolutely right and it's never a dull moment in here either, seriously, we will never be satisfied as supporters no matter which direction our club will take and we've always been a hard crowd to please..even though the board in their reactive wisdom decided to appoint a 2 time premiership winning coach to assist Kearney in getting this team back on track but no..... He's failed at the roosters, he was shit at cronulla, he'll drag kimmorely back, we'll end up playing without a marker or his ticker isn't strong enough....fair dinkum!! Will we all be satisfied as a collective group?? ... No! In fact you can bet your bottom filler than you'll see the same amount of bitching and moaning if we appointed Bennett to the role..

Wellcome to the club ando, we need you... Bring it on!

It's obvious sk needs help, but why have they waited till round 17 to take such action. The season is dead and buried, apart from missing the spoon, there is nothing ca can do to salvage this season.

The 2012 season has been sacrificed for the sake of Konys pride.

This action was required 12 weeks ago, where it was apparent that SK was out of his league.

Appointing a has been coach, something I don't get.

But put a positive spin on it, if it makes you feel better.

Parraren

Bench
Yeah it's really so petty we're always in here bitching and moaning when we've won 8 of our last 40 or whatever it is.....:crazy:

We really are an ungrateful bunch, I mean 8 wins is 8 wins more than zero. Win a few more and I reckon we're odds on to avoid the spoon. I call that a successful season :lol:

bartman

Immortal
I'm certainly not getting all Hegelian (thesis + antithesis = synthesis), but what's wrong with altering one's opinion if one's opinion is no good?

It won't make anyone less of a man
Nothing wrong with that at all OMC. Which is another reason why I don't understand how some people here get so focussed on other people's opinions, to the point they hold past opinions against them in new threads, or carry quotes of others in their signatures....

As Gronk's post said, there's no point getting miffed about people's opinions full stop.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nothing wrong with that at all OMC. Which is another reason why I don't understand how some people here get so focussed on other people's opinions, to the point they hold past opinions against them in new threads, or carry quotes of others in their signatures....

As Gronk's post said, there's no point getting miffed about people's opinions full stop.

Wasn't directing that comment at anyone in particular! Just seems to be an awful lot of amigos of various kinds (if I read this thread correctly Bongo got us another 3!)

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's obvious sk needs help, but why have they waited till round 17 to take such action. The season is dead and buried, apart from missing the spoon, there is nothing ca can do to salvage this season.

The 2012 season has been sacrificed for the sake of Konys pride.

This action was required 12 weeks ago, where it was apparent that SK was out of his league.

Appointing a has been coach, something I don't get.

But put a positive spin on it, if it makes you feel better.

you're right mate and you can also argue that they were slow to react with DA in 2010, especially after he made the decision on Keating, Feleti and INU....let's face it, no one will ever be happy!

Suitman

Post Whore
But he makes a good point don't you think Suity, that some people try to be "braver" in here

No, I think he makes an obvious point.
There'll always be internet trolls who carry on like that, but I think they're in a very small minority.

Suity

True EEL

Bench
Its all a political game in my opinion.
Pressure Kearney to choose a mentor/assistant,Stage 1.
If this fails the boards moves to stage 2. Replace Kearney.
Its all about process.
This year is done and dusted so make all your plays before the season ends in the hope that someone new, if required, will be appointed to start 2013.

I'm hoping this is the real scenario as well....

Gronk

Staff member
2GB Sports program are saying that the Anderson mentor arrangement is because Ricky Stuart said no to the job to coach the Eels. This was plan "B".