What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nhl

Danish

Referee
Getting a little ridiculous now as the kings go up 4-0.

Devils meanwhile are screaming in frustration at the officials as a linesman left the boards to let a kings attacker through and stepped directly into the path of a devils defender, taking him out and giving the kings the possession they eventually scored off.

Devils bench understandably livid with the officiating tonight, although take nothing away from the kings who have played brilliantly.

This could easily end 7 or 8 nil

Danish

Referee
Yep, the devils managed to get one back in the second and actually had some chances to get back in the game in the 3rd with a few power plays but really the kings never looked troubled.

Great run by the kings. Dominated every series they played and thoroughly deserved it.

I just wish that the call in the first period had been right. Would have been a classic game had that happened

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
First day of the 2012 NHL draft day. The biggest news comes is that Jordan Staal is out of the 'Burgh and off to join his brother in Carolina. Not exactly surprised but wow is all I can. Suppose he was probably the most likely to go out of anyone in the team.

Also noticing a trend of defencemen this year, previous years on draft day its been about centres, and wingers.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Pens traded Staal with Carolina, took their 8th overall pick as well as Sutter and with the 8th pick they took DERRICK POULIOT, defenceman

Hawks have picked up TEUVO TERAVAINEN, 18th overall, left winger

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Perhaps there is just of good crop of D men.

Got to say Drew Doughty impresses me greaty, think he will become a hall of famer.

Edmonton need to show the draft works, I reckon Chicago was the last to do so.

But really top pick three years, Hall, Ngent, and now Yakupov.

Need to score a Hossa type to round stuff out.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
On Yakupov

In 2010-11, he led his team and Ontario Hockey League rookies in scoring with 101 points (49-52--101) in 65 games. It was the most points by a first-year player since Patrick Kane had 145 points in 2006-07. His scoring also surpassed Steven Stamkos' team records for goals (42) and points (92) by a Sarnia rookie. He was named the OHL Rookie of the Year and the Canadian Hockey League Rookie of the Year last season.
f**k me Kano 145 points!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Edmonton have had some fantastic picks the last three years but these guys won't turn that team around just like that, RNH was helpful last year and even Hall was starting to impress a little but overall the tean's gotta lift instead of just finishing to close or at the bottom of the ladder and just plucking first rounders all the time. They've got the talent, so or but depth is gonna be vital for them.

I forgot about th Devils who with their first pick of the draft tonight, took centre Stefan Matteau

Wasn't Kane a first pick as well, I can't even remember. lol. And I think JT was close to one of the top ones but I'm also not sure on that

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
yep Kane was a first pick Teows was 1st round number 2 pick.

Sid was one.

And they won a Cup together.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Any further news on this? I'm going to be in New York in Feb next year and was hoping to go to a Rangers Game, dammit.

Still in discussions had a lot during the weekend but can't say there's been that much progress...think the first part of the new season is going to be skipped...let's hope things move a bit quicker because the WC may be in serious jeopardy....

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
The latest update I have heard is that, the NHL has tabled a new offer to the NHLPA which gives both sides a 50/50 split.

If this new CBA works out there is still hope a full 82-game 2012-2013 season with the playoffs to be played out in full as well will happen from November 2. Just have to hope for the best!!!