What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

same old same old

Mickyd39

Juniors
it is easier for me to say which players were having a go, Hindmarsh, Sandow and Poore. The rest of them looked uninterested and just plodded along.
I would love to see the same urgency shown for the full 80 mins that is shown when we are 10 to 20 points down with 10 mins to go.

The effort that is put in reflects our postion on the table.

Last edited:

The Engineers Room

First Grade
What is with the Matt Keating hate? It's not his fault the forwards won't offload, the attack is predictable hit ups only and no one pushed up with the ball.

I'm not sure exactly where the blame lies but I think someone needs to answer why the second phase play is gone, why the forwards can't pass the ball and why 5 hit ups and kick is used so often. Also, why are there so many settlers in the attacking zone. Again this year we heard about the pre season training being so hard but it seems like this team is not fit??

The forwards need to be passing and running in at least pairs, we need to have more players running options and angles.

SDM

First Grade
What is with the Matt Keating hate? It's not his fault the forwards won't offload, the attack is predictable hit ups only and no one pushed up with the ball.

I'm not sure exactly where the blame lies but I think someone needs to answer why the second phase play is gone, why the forwards can't pass the ball and why 5 hit ups and kick is used so often. Also, why are there so many settlers in the attacking zone. Again this year we heard about the pre season training being so hard but it seems like this team is not fit??

The forwards need to be passing and running in at least pairs, we need to have more players running options and angles.

But we made heaps of offloads.

SDM

First Grade
it is easier for me to say which players were having a go, Hindmarsh, Sandow and Poore. The rest of them looked uninterested and just plodded along.
I would love to see the same urgency shown for the full 80 mins that is shown when we are 10 to 20 points down with 10 mins to go.

The effort that is put in reflects our postion on the table.

I disagree. If 14 players dont try we lose by 50.

phantom eel

First Grade

Comments in recent articles from Chris Anderson indicate that after watching the Penrith game (a win) he felt that our structures need a bit of work.

Whether that means attacking structures in the set of six, sturctures in terms of attacking combinations, defensive structures - or perhaps all three - we can only guess.

One explanation for why there is little second phase, no passing between the forwards, and predictable sets of five hit ups/settlers and a kick might lie in the structures which were talked up when Kearney came on board. These might be the structures an experienced eye like Chris Anderson could see instantly, even in a win, that needed some work.

Hopefully the structures change, and we can be on the improve against some of the class teams we face in the next four rounds, and end the year with one or two positive wins against sliding teams in the last month.

golfer

Juniors
The offloads came late in the game. Tonga refuses to pass and as a result bombed a try when he held onto the ball instead of giving to an unmarked Morgan. Also I do not remember Poore passing at all, he just did the same boring hit up all night. The people there early saw how offloads worked for the NYC boys. I just hope the majority of the 17year olds are signed up particularly Fraser.

Eels Dude

Coach
The people there early saw how offloads worked for the NYC boys. I just hope the majority of the 17year olds are signed up particularly Fraser.

I'd like to see us play with a lot more variety too, but comparing NRL with NYC cup isn't a great idea. The amount of attempted offloading they do is why you see scorelines of 40-32 every week and the games are very poor quality.

golfer

Juniors
The 11 in the first half would not have been quality as they were hardly noticed and we rarely threatened the line. The nine in the second half would most likely have been in the last ten minutes when they actually looked like they would do something. I was there and could not believe it when Tonga went on his own when Morgan was unmarked with plenty of room to move 20 metres out and 10 metres from the sideline. If they are both in this week I think Tonga should be on the wing as he just will not pass the ball.

yy_cheng

Coach
I remember the offloads.

this is a bit like ppl don't remember 2010 properly.

at the e beginning of 2010, da tried to impose structure on the team for I reckon 10 rounds.

when it got desparate, da then tried to go back to offloads and 2nd phase but this time it didn't work

Latest posts