What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

franklin2323

Immortal
Where are all the imbecile Penrith fans who were saying stripping Lewis of the captaincy mid-season was a non-issue?

Lewis is an honest man, but that was a big slap in the face and was always going to breed a lot of bad blood.

Put me down as another one wondering why on earth Cleary and Gould are putting him under so much pressure.

I think they want to scorched earth the joint and start again without any player factions or player power, but for mine they are far too paranoid and this is just a massive waste.

People fall for Gus' spin. Wow we signed 4 players. We lost our 2 best. We need about 10 into our current squad certainly need the SOO 3. Gus bitches about how we need Local juniors. He's 1. Who has won a comp. 2nd picked for SOO and Australia. The fans love. Off the field a great bloke. Doesn't drink and is a clean skin. It's a disgrace.

firechild

First Grade
In my opinion the days of one club players is dead. I don't see it benefiting either party for a player to stay at one club his entire career.

Billy Slater, Cam Smith, Cooper Cronk, Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart, Matt Ballin, Anthony Watmough, Jason King, Steve Matai and Darren Lockyer all disagree.

Haffa

In my opinion the days of one club players is dead. I don't see it benefiting either party for a player to stay at one club his entire career.

Agreed, Reynold should be looking for a new club once his contract is up.

Skreepe

Juniors
Cleary clearing the decks.

Good on him i say. There hasn't been much success as of late and the rot is deep.

I'll trust the opinion of a coach that made the Warriors club a serious contender (rather than a DUMB football team, which they are now), as well as turning them into a success across all grades over some bogan Penrith supporters who wouldn't know success if it bit them on the arse.

Panfas

Juniors

Good on him i say. There hasn't been much success as of late and the rot is deep.

I'll trust the opinion of a coach that made the Warriors club a serious contender (rather than a DUMB football team, which they are now), as well as turning them into a success across all grades over some bogan Penrith supporters who wouldn't know success if it bit them on the arse.
This ^^^

Valheru

Coach
Lewis definitely looks like being the highest profile player on the market now. Lol at the notion that Canterbury are in the market for him. Does their salary cap have no limit?

Panfas

Juniors
IF Luke Lewis leaves, the back row at penrith still looks good

11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Blake Austin
14. Vaipuna TiaKillifi

natheel

Coach
I reckon he will stay and the meeting will just be Lewis and Gus putting the water on the fire. Gus cried wolf over salary cap and signed 4 decent players. It's another rouse by Gus but I don't know why they would just say this about their top players. Probs more speculation from media more than anything. But if he leaves whoever gets him are very bloody lucky

Juju

Juniors

You are a idiot. The Warriors are in the exact same position right now as they were this round last year.
Its actually the Toyota Cup that has turned around the Warriors development system not Cleary.

Doomednow

Bench
His form for us hasn't been great compared his SOO form, so maybe he is unhappy. Shame, am a huge fan of Lewis.

Lewis definitely looks like being the highest profile player on the market now. Lol at the notion that Canterbury are in the market for him. Does their salary cap have no limit?

thats rich coming from a roosters fan :lol:
canterbury have a lot of players off contract at the end of the year will they just dump them near the end of the season when all the other clubs have spent their cap for next year already and nobody can buy them?

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Gould has had Panthers fans in a daze since he was first announced he was coming back to the club. Nothing he does is wrong (apparently). Even the most ardent fans who were anti-management previously have crossed the line to join Gus. And now it continues to unravel.

Gus and Cleary won't accept blame for this. It will be the player, the salary cap pressures, hell, it could even be blamed on the Carbon Tax before Gould will acknowledge he has lost all control of the club and its players.

Lewis is a player who wants to play for Penrith. He's shown that previously when he backed out of the Souths deal. For him to know realise that he can't continue as a Penrith Panther player must be gut wrenching.

Cliffhanger

Coach
You are a idiot. The Warriors are in the exact same position right now as they were this round last year.
Its actually the Toyota Cup that has turned around the Warriors development system not Cleary.

I agree, I think at best the jury was still out after Cleary's career at the Warriors, yes they went well last year, but Cleary was allowed to keep his position for a very long time when you compare him to other young coaches who hadn't produced a team which performs year in and year out.

Looking at the Warriors performance this and year and the progressive deterioration of the Panthers' form- which while partially due to a number of injured players, appears to also in part due to the failures of their coaching staff.