What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just don't get it.

I think things are looking up for penrith. All their signings are good quality young players(manu, brown, segyaro, whare), they have two of the best young half prospects in the game (Austin and sjeika), along with quality players like Jennings, grant and mckendry Luke Lewis one of the best and most respected players in the game.

Why would they release him?

saint pebba

First Grade
Gould has had Panthers fans in a daze since he was first announced he was coming back to the club. Nothing he does is wrong (apparently). Even the most ardent fans who were anti-management previously have crossed the line to join Gus. And now it continues to unravel.

Gus and Cleary won't accept blame for this. It will be the player, the salary cap pressures, hell, it could even be blamed on the Carbon Tax before Gould will acknowledge he has lost all control of the club and its players.

Lewis is a player who wants to play for Penrith. He's shown that previously when he backed out of the Souths deal. For him to know realise that he can't continue as a Penrith Panther player must be gut wrenching.

It is easy to point the finger at Gould/Cleary however they have worked out the best way of getting the panthers back to the top is for a mini cleanout. No doubt this incorporates a culture change.

Decisions like this will be judged on the performance of the team in a few years.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
Gus better hope that things look good in 2-3 years time because he's pissing off a lot of fans at the moment.

franklin2323

Immortal
Gould has had Panthers fans in a daze since he was first announced he was coming back to the club. Nothing he does is wrong (apparently). Even the most ardent fans who were anti-management previously have crossed the line to join Gus. And now it continues to unravel.

Gus and Cleary won't accept blame for this. It will be the player, the salary cap pressures, hell, it could even be blamed on the Carbon Tax before Gould will acknowledge he has lost all control of the club and its players.

Lewis is a player who wants to play for Penrith. He's shown that previously when he backed out of the Souths deal. For him to know realise that he can't continue as a Penrith Panther player must be gut wrenching.

I am no fan of either. They are just full of hot air so far. This just re-inforces this.

Ch9 just turned up to training. Fair to say his gone!!

ethan tremblay

Juniors
He wants to win games though.

thats a bit rich coming from a sharks fan......:? short memories ai?? we didn't kick you when your club was down actually most fans felt sorry for the sharks i know i did im happy there goin great now. don't be like St george illawarra please:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

DJShaksta

First Grade
thats a bit rich coming from a sharks fan......:? short memories ai?? we didn't kick you when your club was down actually most fans felt sorry for the sharks i know i did im happy there goin great now. don't be like St george illawarra please:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Everyone kicks the sharks when we're down.
Anyway, no major disrespect, we just want Lewis.

coolumsharkie

Referee
You are a idiot. The Warriors are in the exact same position right now as they were this round last year.
Its actually the Toyota Cup that has turned around the Warriors development system not Cleary.

Gotta love that :lol: