What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If we had Souths forward pack..

justagamemate

Juniors
We would have probably won today.
We have the backs to score points but our forwards are soft.
I don't get the Mullen hate when our forwards continued to get rolled.
Joey Johns wouldn't have made much a difference today.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep

Our marker defence, lack of support runners and minimal go forward absolutely kills it for our backs

We are lucky we have such talented blokes outside otherwise wed never score a point.

RHCP

Bench
Mullen can do no wrong. :roll:

Zeb Taia made triple figures in only 35 minutes. Only DT and Burgess made more metres than him in the Souths pack, and they both get their stats padded by 2 linbreaks a piece.

Mason and Tetevano (167m and 124m) outran Sam (2 linebreaks) and Luke Burgess (155m and 106m).

If only Jarrod was behind a pack going forward...

They were getting shredded in defence (by Issac Luke especially) but they were providing plenty of go forward for Mullen. To say we would have won if we had Souths forward pack taking the hitups is impossible to prove and just taking the heat off Mullen for no other reason than to take the spotlight off the fact some of the blame falls with him.

I concur with the marker defence and lack of support runners. What I felt we really lacked is a bit of speed. We rarely do anything quickly. We don't fight to get up and play the ball with speed, we don't have quick passes and we certainly don't push up with the ball runner. A bit of enthusiasm and energy would've taken us a long way today.

I am at the stage now where we should bring young Will up from TC and give him a crack. I bet he creates more than Mullen. Keep Darbs at the back because he is our link to the fringes. I am impressed with Darius. Really giving it a fair go now.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mullen can do no wrong. :roll:

Zeb Taia made triple figures in only 35 minutes. Only DT and Burgess made more metres than him in the Souths pack, and they both get their stats padded by 2 linbreaks a piece.

Mason and Tetevano (167m and 124m) outran Sam (2 linebreaks) and Luke Burgess (155m and 106m).

If only Jarrod was behind a pack going forward...

They were getting shredded in defence (by Issac Luke especially) but they were providing plenty of go forward for Mullen. To say we would have won if we had Souths forward pack taking the hitups is impossible to prove and just taking the heat off Mullen for no other reason than to take the spotlight off the fact some of the blame falls with him.

I concur with the marker defence and lack of support runners. What I felt we really lacked is a bit of speed. We rarely do anything quickly. We don't fight to get up and play the ball with speed, we don't have quick passes and we certainly don't push up with the ball runner. A bit of enthusiasm and energy would've taken us a long way today.

The metres don't count for shit when the play the balls are slow and there is no one supporting to keep the rest of the defencive line honest. Souffs had all the time in the world to set their defence and not once had to worry about a dangerous offload

perverse

Referee
Absolutely farcical RHCP. We spent the full first 30 minutes of the second half without putting a single solitary foot in Souths half of the field. That is not adequate regardless of what language you speak. The first time we do get down there, Eddy throws an intercept pass. Sums up our day. The bounce of the ball was well and truly against us, and we couldn't get where we needed to go when we needed to be there. If you think we can win a match from inside our own 50 you're taking the piss mate.

Honkiest_Honky

Juniors
I don't know why you guys had big Willy taking 5th tackle hit ups? Is it because you guys need a slow play the ball on the last to give your play makers time to work out your last tackle option?

the painter

Juniors
Of course you would have won if you had souths pack, but you dont HA HA HA, and you might have won if you had their coach but you dont aswell HA HA HA.

Joker's Wild

Coach
FMD we have had some shitty trolls in our forum before but the latest few are on a whole new level of geniusation

Belt up you special bus gimps

Latest posts