What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Status
Not open for further replies.

age.s

First Grade
But I'm not gonna carry on like a porkchop like some did when Flash signed with Cronulla saying that they wish he breaks his leg again. It is a decision, something I don't approve of, and at the end of the day it would be made and that's it.

No argument there man. Anyone who wishes for someone to have their legs broken because they left your team is barely human, let alone a true supporter.

I'm not going to stop supporting this club. They could sack the entire first grade team and I'd still be a Panther for life. But Cleary and Gould aren't the club, they're just running it. If they're sending us further down into a spiral I'll be as vocal as any about their removal.

But as has been said a couple of times, lets just wait for the press conference and see how it plays out.

maple_69

Bench
Attempting to create this culture is commendable and entirely necessary.
I just don't follow the rationale of which players are being made examples.

Players are being dropped. Great. They are not the right players though.
Players being booted. They are not the right players, especially if we're talking about Lewis.

If I was a player I'd be thinking selections, retentions are not based on my form but on some random other agenda.

In saying that, benefit of the doubt to Cleary and Gould until this unfolds properly.

greenfins

Juniors
Tough times call for tough decisions and I'll be siding with Gould and Cleary.

Frankly I am tired of the seemingly never ending player 'unrest' at our club. 'unrest' you never hear about at most the other N.R.L clubs.

If Luke Lewis has to leave in order to bring about a more professional club generally, including a better culture and more discipline in the playing ranks, then frankly I'll accept Lewis leaving the club. While it is very disappointing for all our fans it may just be for the best for all concerned.

While the tough decisions are being taken I only hope one or two of our other highly paid, under performing prima donnas are also on there way out of the club and then maybe we can truly begin the process of turning the clubs fortunes around.

Very well said Kilkenny, I am an interstate supporter of the Panthers and only just caught up with the latest on Lewis. Having just read the last 3 -4 pages on this thread, I can see how passionate some supporters are with their comments.
But really anyone who suggests they will hand in their membership over player movement was never really a supporter. The NRL is nolonger a sport, has not been for quite sometime now, it is a business.
Good luck to Lewis, I wish him well and would welcome him back to Penrith for in final year or two, similar to Petro at Brisbane.
I don't know if Gould and Cleary are doing a good job or not, all I can say is they would be light years ahead of past coaches and management.
Penrith still have my support, bring on the change I say :thumb

murraymob

First Grade
if penrith was a business it would have been shut down years ago.A business builds year to year improving on performance .That sadly is not in our history books or in our imediate future

Sleep

Juniors
I was livid when we lost Graham. I saw him as a star of the future. Gordon has had a horrible run of luck with injuries so I wasn't as bothered.

Losing Lewis though hurts so much more. We seemed to be building for a good year next year with our recruiting but this is a huge step backwards. He's our best and most important player.

I don't know how we'll replace him or even if we can. I really hope our young guns coming through step up in a big way.

Big Mick

Referee
Gus has said at the fan forum that he signed a player today.

That player is likely Chris Houston.

I'd be happy with that signing. Dude is a good player.

aqua_duck

Coach
I don't understand why Penrith would want Houston, he really ain't that much better than Ciraldo and is a very similar style of player.

rem286

Juniors
Houston is not a player that I would have hoped for, I would be very disappointed with that signing.

rem286

Juniors
Brett Stewart and David Williams still sweating on a new contract, not that I particularly want either of them.

franklin2323

Immortal
Brett Stewart and David Williams still sweating on a new contract, not that I particularly want either of them.

Stewart is close to re-signing. Williams would be decent if he wasn't injury prone we already have enough of those players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts