What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Wrap Up

Monk

Referee
Keep everything in this thread. If anyone creates a thread, it will be moved in here.

What a game.

Last edited:

fred95

Juniors
Keep everything in this thread. If anyone creates a thread, it will be moved in here.
o
What a game.
Fantastic game, I suppose you could write it off to karma after the corresponding game in round one. Special mentions for Guerra, Mini, SKD,Leilua... well the team put in a whole hearted effort. I was proud of them but why could'nt they have put in like this every week, it would nave been enough to get us into the top 8. even without game plans. I believe thats our year but congratulations to Souths.
y

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Bad luck Chooks, I guess we both know how each felt after that Round 1 match.

That was one of our toughest matches of the year, and I have no doubt if you play like that you will win games.

Cheers

Mr Spock!

Referee
Bad luck to you guys. You've been in 3 of the best games of the year. Round 1 v Souths, the game v Saints, and the Souths return.

Bloody hell, could you imagine a Souths v Roosters grand final.

That was one of our toughest matches of the year, and I have no doubt if you play like that you will win games.

Cheers

All class as usual Zig. Cheers.
I was disappointed in our first half as the boys looked disinterested but I'm glad they had a dig in the second. Don't know how they'll pick themselves up after the game but your boys should gain plenty. Here's to the best derby in the world! Enjoy September mate.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
All class as usual Zig. Cheers.
I was disappointed in our first half as the boys looked disinterested but I'm glad they had a dig in the second. Don't know how they'll pick themselves up after the game but your boys should gain plenty. Here's to the best derby in the world! Enjoy September mate.

To think I was actually arguing with some nuffy on why our biggest rivalry is against the Chooks.

The two games this year will never be forgotten, and good luck in trying to get youngsters to believe you when you tell them about it.

Bad luck Chooks. The better team lost tbh. See you again next year for another installment in what is truly an amazing rivalry.

I have first hand experience courtesy of round 1, so i know how gutted you must all be.

Valheru

Coach
Tie the noose around my neck and just kill me now. I don’t think I felt this gutted after the 2010 grand final. I don’t care how good a game it was, I never ever want to hear this game mentioned ever again. I would rather stab myself in the eye than watch the highlights of this abomination.

We can’t even blame the halves for this, Pearce actually put in the perfect kick with 3 to go but our dopey players proceeded to have the choke to end all chokes. For the 2nd time this year we have been clearly the better side yet lost.

Smith, Anasta and to a lesser extent Minichiello should have one goal in mind for the remainder of their time at the roosters; to never ever let the other players forget what happened at the end of this game and how it felt.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Was at work during the game and to be honest I don't think I can watch it knowing how it ended. Was absolutely gutted after the stains game so I can only imagine what this was like. f**k this year!

Smith, Anasta and to a lesser extent Minichiello should have one goal in mind for the remainder of their time at the roosters; to never ever let the other players forget what happened at the end of this game and how it felt. [/QUOTE]

Makes you wonder what (if anything) was said by Anasta to the team in the in-goal after the second last try. No decent team lets that happen to them twice in the one season FFS.

Horrie Is God

First Grade

Cheers

Cheers..I'm gutted,but that was one hell of a game of footy..

Bad luck to you guys. You've been in 3 of the best games of the year. Round 1 v Souths, the game v Saints, and the Souths return.

Bloody hell, could you imagine a Souths v Roosters grand final.

Again cheers..

I dream of an Easts v Souths GF..

Half my family are staunch Easts..The other half staunch Souths..

To think I was actually arguing with some nuffy on why our biggest rivalry is against the Chooks.

The two games this year will never be forgotten, and good luck in trying to get youngsters to believe you when you tell them about it.

1 all i guess mate..Both games should've been Sunday arvo games,& the crowds for both would've doubled..As usual not enough respect was paid to the rivalry..

Bad luck Chooks. The better team lost tbh. See you again next year for another installment in what is truly an amazing rivalry.

I have first hand experience courtesy of round 1, so i know how gutted you must all be.

Cheers..Both games would be contenders for game of the year IMO..

And Round 1 2013 can't get here soon enough for me..

As pissed off as i am about us blowing an unblowable lead,i'm still proud of the way the boys got themselves back into the game in the second half..

I thought Cordner had a huge game,after some poor handling in the opening stanza..

Pearce had a similar game to his Anzac day game..Was brilliant at times,bit quiet in others..His pass for Moga's try was very classy..

Tasi was enormous,& is a real keeper..I sense greatness in the kid..

Mini had his best game of the year..He is nowhere near as elusive as he used to be,but he is one of the safest fullbacks in the comp..

Tbh even though I usually hate losing to Souths I just thought it once again proved that this game is the premier club rivalry. There's hardly been a dud game - pretty much both 2009 games sucked - but jeez the last 5 or 6 years had thrown up classics.

To have identical finished in 1 year but each way is just crazy. If we don't lose Anzac day the way we did I'd be spewing but I expected it.

Well done to the bunnies though. They played to the 80th minute and once again our team clocked off and deservedly lost.

Round 1 was better though ;-)

I dream of an Easts v Souths GF..

I think that anyone who supports Rugby League does. No matter if you are a fan of a different team, you would know that it would be one hell of a game and the atmosphere would be unrivalled. Last night was the biggest MNF crowd of the year so far and the atmosphere was enormous. I can only imagine what a GF would be like. It is certainly something that I hope to see before I die.

If it ever eventuates, I just hope that it doesn't have a finish like round one or last night. A finish like that going either way would be too much to handle. It took last night to actually get me over round ones result. To lose a GF in the round one manner to the Roosters... I don't know what I would do. I'm 90% sure I'd be looking for the closest tall building I could find.

the painter

Juniors
Tbh even though I usually hate losing to Souths I just thought it once again proved that this game is the premier club rivalry. There's hardly been a dud game - pretty much both 2009 games sucked - but jeez the last 5 or 6 years had thrown up classics.

To have identical finished in 1 year but each way is just crazy. If we don't lose Anzac day the way we did I'd be spewing but I expected it.

Well done to the bunnies though. They played to the 80th minute and once again our team clocked off and deservedly lost.

Round 1 was better though ;-)

Dont normally agree with anything you say, but one this very rare ocassion I do, there is no other rivalry in game like Souths and Easts, and I never miss a game between us, there is real hate at the games between supporters, and as long as no one gets hurt I can only say that it is great for the game. I must say though with anasta leaving you guys, my hate will be a little less intense come round one next year. Glor Glory

Monk

Referee
Dont normally agree with anything you say, but one this very rare ocassion I do, there is no other rivalry in game like Souths and Easts, and I never miss a game between us, there is real hate at the games between supporters, and as long as no one gets hurt I can only say that it is great for the game. I must say though with anasta leaving you guys, my hate will be a little less intense come round one next year. Glor Glory

We'll still hate you guys just as much as we do now :)

adamkungl

Immortal
Worst.

It was a good effort but not good enough in the end. Mini was excellent. Good to have SKD back in the swing of things. Frank Paul needs to tuck it under his arm and run for f**ks sake. We look far better with Anasta than Mortimer. Kill me now plz.

Alpha

Juniors
Was so annoyed last night I threw the foxtel remote off my 6th floor apartment.

Handling was still shit an whoever went for the intercept on that 2nd last try needs a smack.

I'm impressed with the speed out of dummy half seleuni brings but I haven't rated his overall game just yet.

Latest posts