What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bamberg Uni 76 Würzburg/Amberg 8

Der Kaiser

Juniors
Bamberg Uni smashed Würzburg/Amberg with some great offloading and support play. Bamberg have only been going since May and most previously had no experience of any form of Rugby. Würzburg/Amberg were players who had recently taken up playing Union and showed interest in playing Rugby League in Summer. Bamberg playing their first ever game since being formed, showed that the training they had been doing was well worth it. Strong running and then offloading in the tackle with the ball then passed often out to the backs who simply had too much pace and power for their opponents. Würzburg/Amberg when in attack was often limited to one out rugby and the Bamberg team simply hit them hard in the tackle and they struggled to make any metres at times. Bamberg scored at will as the game got on as they played some great open Rugby League and the poor Würzburg/Amberg team simply had no answers though they did manage 2 unconverted tries. Despite the heavy defeat all the players said they enjoyed it and would be interested in playing in the future.

469469_374401649294009_1856098803_o.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f357/deutschlandxiii/469469_374401649294009_1856098803_o.jpg
169310_374408072626700_27242952_o.jpg

177902_374406245960216_1232175603_o.jpg

Der Kaiser

Juniors
There is no Bundesliga/National League mate. In fact there are no real clubs except training weekends where players have a game. They are all Union guys mainly from Heidelberg including the alleged German U18 team who all come from the same Union club in Heidelberg.

None of the players who played on Saturday have ever played in the Bundesliga. Sebastian Vermaat has played for Calbach in the past but not in any National League competition and I work with him to help keep the game alive in Germany. Without myself and Basti I doubt there is any future for RL in Germany as RLD dont do any development work and the only reason the training weekends happen is because of Bene Rehm rather than the Development Officer doing anything, yet the RLEF still pay Uwe Jansen money despite killing of interest in Hochspeyer, US Army, Calbach and he has upset many people who have said they dont want to play anymore because of him.

Latest posts