What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba...the next slater?

Bro Bear

Juniors
These days without the Mighty Bears in the NRL I enjoyed watching Souths and certain players. Ben Barba is one of the players I enjoy watching. If CQLD get admitted they should go all out to sign one of their own back.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
He's a very good player, Fast and has a good passing game although. Watching him against us. His passing game from right to left is 100 times stranger than his passing game from left to right. Inu had to slow down when barba threw it to him to try and set up a similar player to how he does on Morris' side.

He is also suspect under the high ball when under pressure. Like Slater. Put pressure on them and they can buckle. Not taking away from the fact they are good players just pointing out they have weakness' that teams need to pick out and use it to their advantage. If teams can shut that Morr's/Barba/Pritchard decoy play then thats their main try scoring play gone. Their other tries last night came off kicks. Apart from J. Reynolds.

The General

Juniors
Their other tries last night came off kicks. Apart from J. Reynolds.

What a dumb statement. Out of 6 tries one came off an attacking kick. If your counting the Barba try you're stretching the term "try off a kick" way too much.

It's like me saying Parramattas attack had nothing because both their tries were off kicks and ignoring all the lead up play to those kicks.

Usain Bolt

Bench
FMD every young superstar in the NRL seems to be either a QLDer or a Kiwi apart from Tariq Sims.. The Reynolds boys could be on the verge of something special though if they continue to play how they are

Doga

Juniors
FMD every young superstar in the NRL seems to be either a QLDer or a Kiwi apart from Tariq Sims.. The Reynolds boys could be on the verge of something special though if they continue to play how they are

Josh Jackson and Dale Finucane are both New South Welshmen