What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Other Assorted Crap VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
If Stuart is signed, sealed and delivered, hopefully he has some pull with the emerging Blues and U20s. Some of those blokes would be very handy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Gould doesn't want any coaching gig.

I'm not sure why there is an article on us asking Gould.

What total rubbish.

If you know he doesn't want a coaching job then someone must have asked him.

If he's been asked then it's worth an article about the club in crisis.

Gronk

Staff member
OK here is the WTF moment of 2012.

LU just tweeted that Etu will play 5/8 today for Penrith.

#wtf

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
OK here is the WTF moment of 2012.

LU just tweeted that Etu will play 5/8 today for Penrith.

#wtf

Just means he is into the backline for Burns, who goes to the bench.

I reckon we'll see Uaisele onto the wing in a reshuffled backline. Maybe Coote to 6 and one of the other backs to fullback? Either way I doubt Etu will play in the halves.

It's like in the Canberra game, Dugan was listed as a late inclusion on the wing. Obviously that hasn't happened.

I was surprised Hindy was actually listed as starting at front row last night. The media usually list anyone else there.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What's with Ex Canberra players and coaching origin?

G

I don't know if you followed rugby league in the early-mid 90s but the majority of both Origin teams were made up of players from two clubs.

One of those clubs was the Broncos, and obviously none of them were smart enough to be coaches so it falls to ex-Raiders to fill the Origin coaching roles.

guruminga

Juniors
I don't know if you followed rugby league in the early-mid 90s but the majority of both Origin teams were made up of players from two clubs.

One of those clubs was the Broncos, and obviously none of them were smart enough to be coaches so it falls to ex-Raiders to fill the Origin coaching roles.

Yeah I did follow League then, but it's not always the best players that make the best coaches (Although Mal and Ricky have gone okay). Canberra must be proud of their 90s heroes.

G

guruminga

Juniors
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-stephen-kearney/story-e6frexnr-1226431237228

PARRAMATTA have earmarked State of Origin coach Ricky Stuart to turn the long-suffering Eels into rugby league's super club of Sydney's west. Within three hours of Stephen Kearney announcing his resignation yesterday, Parramatta CEO Bob Bentley kicked off talks with Stuart's agent John Fordham over lunch at Darlinghurst eatery Bill and Toni's.
Fordham last night told The Daily Telegraph he was expecting to have further negotiations with the Eels over the next few days.
"I met with Bob Bentley at lunchtime and he expressed on behalf of his club a great interest in Ricky," Fordham said.
"He believes it would be a very good fit for the club and having spoken to him about their operations, it's quite clear they tick a lot of the boxes that Ricky would be looking for.

"We've agreed to continue dialogue. This is very early in negotiations. I've given them an idea (money wise) on what it would take."
Kearney yesterday pledged to remain at the helm for tonight's clash against Melbourne but refused to give any indication how long he will continue beyond this weekend.
Should he leave next week, as expected, assistant caoch Brad Arthur will take over for the remainder of the season.
However, the Eels will need to find at least one more coach to guide them after Kearney's mentor - Chris Anderson - last night quit just three weeks into the role.
The Daily Telegraph understands Stuart is the only serious candidate for the Parramatta job.
The club is desperate to attract new playing talent and knows how tight Stuart is with representative players he has coached in the NSW side.

Ricky Stuart and Michael Jennings

237026-ricky-stuart-and-michael-jennings.jpg

NSW Blues Coach Ricky Stuart (R) has a good relationship with potential trade target Michael Jennings. Picture: Brett Costello Source: The Daily Telegraph

Having just missed out on the signature of Penrith stalwart Luke Lewis because of the lack of confidence in Kearney's coaching, the Eels desperately want and need a man of Stuart's stature to attract stars.
The recruitment has been an absolute disaster over the last two years with the purchase of Reni Maitua, Willie Tonga, Ben Roberts, Chris Sandow, Chris Walker, Carl Webb and other strugglers.
Stuart would be a big chance of attracting players like disgruntled Penrith centre Michael Jennings next year.
Fordham says that while the Parramatta option is attractive, there are still other considerations.
"Ricky has a lot of things to consider including his family and their lifestyle," Fordham said.
"All the other interested parties remain alive because there is no official offer from Parramatta as such at this stage.
"I expect to hear from Bob again soon. We've agreed to stay in touch."
The likelihood of Stuart signing at the Eels is a devastating blow for the Canberra Raiders who were hoping to entice Stuart back home to the national capital next year.
But the NRL will be delighted by the news that such a passionate, high profile and highly regarded coach will be leading the fight against the AFL in the western suburbs.
The problem is that it leaves a massive hole to fill with the NSW State of Origin campaign for next season.
Stuart got so close this year and still regards Origin as unfinished business.
But the NSWRL only wants a full-time coach without club commitments.
"I've still got an incredible passion for Origin," Stuart said. "But it's become apparent I can't do two jobs at once."
It emerged last night that Stuart's Origin assistant Jim Dymock was in line for the NSW job.
Other contenders include City and Country coaches Brad Fittler and Laurie Daley.

So will we get Jennings? It's not long ago that he said he hated the Eels.

G

strider

Post Whore
i'm sure he'd change his mind of our name was on his big fat group certificates

there's nothing linking us to jennings other than a picture of the 2 for NSW - go the media! :lol: :lol:

and he's a "potential trade target" .... oooo, what are we gonna trade for him? :?

eloquentEEL

First Grade
i'm sure he'd change his mind of our name was on his big fat group certificates

there's nothing linking us to jennings other than a picture of the 2 for NSW - go the media! :lol: :lol:

and he's a "potential trade target" .... oooo, what are we gonna trade for him? :?

Esi

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I did follow League then, but it's not always the best players that make the best coaches

Obviously. Look at how few ex-Broncos are involved in coaching.

With the amount of them that learnt from Wayne Bennett you'd expect more of them to be in coaching jobs. There are a few around the place in assistant's jobs but none of them are coaching first grade.

Then you look at ex-Raiders in coaching and there are loads of them. Next year there will be five ex-Raiders players coaching NRL clubs, as well as at least one Origin coach (both if Daley takes over).

Could be to do with the kinds of players chosen at the two clubs back in the 90s. Canberra obviously went with thinkers, whereas Bennett said his gameplans were always very simple. He obviously chose more instinctive players to fit into those structures.

guruminga

Juniors
Obviously. Look at how few ex-Broncos are involved in coaching.

With the amount of them that learnt from Wayne Bennett you'd expect more of them to be in coaching jobs. There are a few around the place in assistant's jobs but none of them are coaching first grade.

Then you look at ex-Raiders in coaching and there are loads of them. Next year there will be five ex-Raiders players coaching NRL clubs, as well as at least one Origin coach (both if Daley takes over).

Could be to do with the kinds of players chosen at the two clubs back in the 90s. Canberra obviously went with thinkers, whereas Bennett said his gameplans were always very simple. He obviously chose more instinctive players to fit into those structures.

I can't remember who was coaching Canberra back then though, who was it? Could be that he was responsible for the current crop of ex-Raider coach/thinkers?

G

parra pete

Referee
I can't remember who was coaching Canberra back then though, who was it? Could be that he was responsible for the current crop of ex-Raider coach/thinkers?

G

Craig Bellamy, Michael Maguire, Neil Henry, David Furner, Ricky Stuart, Mal Meninga, Laurie Daley, Shaun McRae all had time under Tim Sheens...throw in Snoopy Collins who coached the Raiders reserve grade to a premiership --- and is now assistant coach at Souths (after being an assistant coach @ Penrith) and Matt Elliott who also had time at the Raiders..they have a pretty good production line of coaches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts