What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

Tony Bongo

Bench
I asked a question about who had worse injuries than us this year. How can I be wrong asking a question?

Given his importance to us, Hayne's injury is bigger than any injury at any other club. Likewise with our defensive woes, Ben Smith is a massive loss, though obviously not as big as the loss of Hayne.

I think your obsession with proving me wrong is clouding your judgement.

I agree and who knows how things would have gone for Kearney if Hayne had been available more often. By the look of things Melbourne are missing Slater just as much.

lingard

Coach
I asked a question about who had worse injuries than us this year. How can I be wrong asking a question?

Given his importance to us, Hayne's injury is bigger than any injury at any other club. Likewise with our defensive woes, Ben Smith is a massive loss, though obviously not as big as the loss of Hayne.

I think your obsession with proving me wrong is clouding your judgement.

Who cares, mate? Who cares? Don`t worry about who`s right or who`s wrong. It doesn`t matter anymore. This is celebration time! We just got rid of that f#cking gumby coach. Join us in the celebration. All is forgiven. It`s over. You can be the winner if you want, and we`ll bake you a cake with 'winner' on it. Just celebrate! Hard times are over!
GO PARRAMATTA!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Who cares, mate? Who cares? Don`t worry about who`s right or who`s wrong. It doesn`t matter anymore. This is celebration time! We just got rid of that f#cking gumby coach. Join us in the celebration. All is forgiven. It`s over. You can be the winner if you want, and we`ll bake you a cake with 'winner' on it. Just celebrate! Hard times are over!
GO PARRAMATTA!
:lol::lol::lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Hayne is that good Strider.

We are hardly a one man team. But he makes a significant difference to any team he is in.

Does make you wonder why the numbskulls at Origin level haven't managed to pick him at fullback yet.

It doesn't take Einstein to figure out that with Hayne at FB for Origin we would've been a massive chance since he'd be in a position where he could take the game by the scruff of the neck!

Ah well, at least that coach won't be doing Origin again next year...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Meanwhile, Stephen Kearney is almost certain to move to Auckland from Sydney and into a full-time role with the New Zealand Rugby League in the coming weeks. The Kiwis coach announced on Friday his resignation from Parramatta after less than two years in the coaching hot seat. He oversaw his final game in charge last night and NZRL boss Jim Doyle confirmed yesterday that talks with Kearney about becoming a full-time employee were already at an advanced stage.

There is also a strong chance, Doyle added, that the Kiwis coach will relocate from Australia to New Zealand. ''There is a very high possibility of that,'' Doyle said of Kearney agreeing to a full-time role. ''What I would say is that in every dark cloud there is a silver lining.

''Obviously, there is not enough work there to be just a full-time coach of the Kiwis.
''But as we continuously grow the game, having Stephen engaging with our Kiwis and future Kiwis could only be a good thing.''

Doyle suggested that as well as coaching the national side, Kearney could be used as a mentor for the country's best coaching talent and would spend more time identifying future stars and persuading them to pull on the black jersey.

''We talked to Stephen when he was working at the Melbourne Storm … about potentially becoming a full-time member of the New Zealand Rugby League,'' Doyle said. ''I'm not talking about sitting here doing nothing until the Test matches but being someone who engages all the time.

''We will certainly - and we already have been because this is not something we are reacting to - be having discussions with Stephen,'' Doyle added.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
GO PARRAMATTA!

You reckon you'll never have anything to whinge about again? :lol::lol::lol:

I hope you're right.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/n...chael-hagan-kearney-never-had-right-support//

Michael Hagan: Kearney never had right support
Sportal July 23, 2012, 12:12 pm

I always feared Steve Kearney was set-up to fail at Parramatta.

That had nothing to do with Kearney's coaching ability. Despite the results, I still think Kearney has a lot to offer in terms of coaching.

I just don't think he ever had the right support in the right areas from the Eels.

The front office at Parramatta isn't where you find too many football types. They may be smart and may have turned around the financial fortunes of the Leagues Club, but they don't have any rugby league background.

Kearney struggled because he didn't have the right team around him when it comes to football operations.

I have coached Parramatta so I know the pressure that comes with the job.

There is so much expectation on the Parramatta coach given the club hasn't won a title since way back in 1986.

The coaching business is cut-throat - it is all based around results and success.

Yes the pay packet is good but it doesn't last forever. I read once where the average life for an NRL coach is just four years.

Had Kearney been surrounded by better football people, I think he would still have a job today.

I have to be honest, this wouldn't have happened under former Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald always ran a tight and well-arranged organisation.

At the time of writing this column, Ricky Stuart was just a day or two away from taking over at Parramatta.

Quite obviously Ricky will be a strong appointment. He has coached at the highest level and is a proven winner.

But even Stuart will have to re-organise the Parramatta front office.

No coach can succeed without the right support from the right people.

Parramatta have now had five coaches in eight years. Some of those resigned but the club needs stability.

It needs to build a long-term culture of success.

I feel for Steve Kearney. He was always dignified and honest.

I truly hope he continues to have success with the New Zealand Test side.

As for Parramatta, Stuart may just be the person to shake-up a struggling club.

Parramatta have too much support and too many resources to be anchored to the bottom of the NRL competition table.

I just hope Ricky brings in competent staff that have some footballing background.
The NRL needs Parramatta to be successful. It's about time they were.

Delboy

First Grade
Thanks Hages, hiw about you being successful. Gee some of these pundits have very short term memories, the board is there to make funds and facilities available , not cuddle the coaches.

This sort of comment has the sincerity of Cam Smith on BSB this morning, " what did I do to Mannah and others, I have no recollection of pulling or twisting his leg, I am hurt by Sterlo suggesting it". How transparent are these knobs.

Gronk

Staff member
Hagan said:
The coaching business is cut-throat - it is all based around results and success.

Agree. Stop blaming others just cos you couldn't swim in the deep end either.

Western_Eel

Juniors
I still cant believe Hagan was our coach, there was no way we would win a comp under him unless we had Andrew Johns in our team!

Thanks Hages, hiw about you being successful. Gee some of these pundits have very short term memories, the board is there to make funds and facilities available , not cuddle the coaches.

I always thought a board of directors was there to direct the club. To provide a vision for the club, and set short, medium and long term goals to reach that vision, then to appoint the right people to execute that vision. Admittedly, the Board only have the direct responsibility for hiring the CEO and from there they would have a say in head coach.

So the question has to be asked, are our board members setting achievable goals for our football operations that see the entire club, from the lower grades to NRL developing and improving toward the ultimate success.