What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kearney

oldmancraigy

Coach
Michael Hagan: Kearney never had right support
Sportal July 23, 2012, 12:12 pm

I always feared Steve Kearney was set-up to fail at Parramatta.

Of course Hagan knew it - he was the moron who sacked all the halfbacks in the joint from reserve grade to under 5s.
He also smashed our junior system for 6 while he was at it.

Avenger

Immortal
Hagan was the second biggest backward step that the club ever made, after of course Stephen "I've never won 2 games in a row" Kearney. This board and the old one can share the dunce award here.

Utey

Coach
I liked the Hagan appointment because we broke the shackles on the Smith era and brought in a coach who was obviously not as intense as BS and would change the way we played. It was a sh*thouse appointment in hindsight.

Avenger

Immortal
I liked the Hagan appointment because we broke the shackles on the Smith era and brought in a coach who was obviously not as intense as BS and would change the way we played. It was a sh*thouse appointment in hindsight.

Initially I liked it too but Fitzy jumped the gun and hired Hagan without giving Jason Taylor credit for taking the team to the semis in 2006. It's not like Hagan was in high demand.

emjaycee

Coach
If we all get over our intense dislike for Hagan and read the article without the anti-hagan sentiment, maybe you can see he is actually saying what all of you have been saying in other threads for ages... we need a football CEO to fix the front office and support the coach.

Does anyone here seriously think that we would have performed better this year under SK if there was a Zappia, Mayer or someone in the CEO role who could look after some of the things that either no one does, Bentley doesnt do well or SK had to do on top of his coaching role.

FFS, everything has to have a negative spin on here.

If we all get over our intense dislike for Hagan and read the article without the anti-hagan sentiment, maybe you can see he is actually saying what all of you have been saying in other threads for ages... we need a football CEO to fix the front office and support the coach.

Does anyone here seriously think that we would have performed better this year under SK if there was a Zappia, Mayer or someone in the CEO role who could look after some of the things that either no one does, Bentley doesnt do well or SK had to do on top of his coaching role.

I have oft wondered what would have happened after the 2009 elections if Ozzie wasn't appointed and we could get a CEO with some experience at being a football CEO.

Ahhh well, such is life.

emjaycee

Coach
I have oft wondered what would have happened after the 2009 elections if Ozzie wasn't appointed and we could get a CEO with some experience at being a football CEO.

Ahhh well, such is life.

Agree MITS and if what I heard on Saturday night is accurate, a growing majority of Board Members think its time we had one too.

Time will tell I guess.

Gronk

Staff member

So you're pissed that some have put a negative spin on a article which criticises the club ? :sarcasm:

Eels Dude

Coach
Agree MITS and if what I heard on Saturday night is accurate, a growing majority of Board Members think its time we had one too.

Time will tell I guess.

What I don't understand is that the board had the opportunity to do that last year when Osborne left but instead they just handed the role to Bob Bentley in a dual role. That was about 8 months ago is at least partially to blame for the disaster that is 2012.

Suitman

Post Whore
What I don't understand is that the board had the opportunity to do that last year when Osborne left but instead they just handed the role to Bob Bentley in a dual role. That was about 8 months ago is at least partially to blame for the disaster that is 2012.

Yeh, you're right.
I can't believe how many tackles Bentley has missed this season, how many times he's dropped the ball and how many stupid penalties he's given away. He's been hopeless.

Suity

oldmancraigy

Coach

To be honest, we could've had the greatest CEO in the world, but if the inept gameplans we've had week in and week out (especially defensively) kept getting trotted out, then we'd have done no better.

SK had chances to bring in either coaching directors to help, or assistant coaches to help, he made his bed, why can't he lie in it?

DeanPay98

Juniors
TBH I'm not seeing the problem. Maybe I'm missing something because I've never worked in a football club, so please enlighten me. But if the Directors and CEO have made the club profitable and financially stable how can anybody say its unstable? As long as they're not telling the coach what do, then whats the problem?

For my money SK made some bad decisions and imposed a style of play that didn't suit the talents of the people at his disposal. Its not like they actually wanted to play badly.

Ratchy

Juniors

This. The message is right just it came from the wrong messenger.