What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Travis Burns

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I would have thought maybe 8 for the high shot and 2 for the chicken wing, yet again it all depends on who you are and who you play for.

Who you are has a lot to do with it. Clean rap sheets don't attract loadings, bad ones do. Do the the wrong thing consistently and you'll pay for it. Pretty simple. Even with the point deduction per minute for being sent off, when you've got loading it comes back to hurt.

badav

Bench
:?
Well all you have to do is compare it to the Matt Prior tackle earlier in the season... how is the Burns tackle getting more then double the time on the sidelines to a tackle that was obviously intentional and far more dangerous? :crazy:

Don't forget that loadings for similar and non similar incidents come into it. As well as previous carry over points.

Not to mention that burns charge is intentional high tackle which is going to have a high base penalty. The fact he mouthed off at the bloke right before the tackle is relevant, and works against him.

You can't just compare the two incidents directly without taking into consideration half the other relevant facts.

age.s

First Grade
:?

Don't forget that loadings for similar and non similar incidents come into it. As well as previous carry over points.

Not to mention that burns charge is intentional high tackle which is going to have a high base penalty. The fact he mouthed off at the bloke right before the tackle is relevant, and works against him.

You can't just compare the two incidents directly without taking into consideration half the other relevant facts.

Burns chatting to Kennedy shouldn't be factored in to it. If it does then Kennedy grubbing it up alongside Maria Hargreaves all game should be considered mitigating circumstances and/or provocation.

Of course the tackles should be compared. Prior's was what appeared to be a deliberate elbow to the side of Thurston's head. He was moving forward, had his feet planted generating more force and he connected him right in the temple. Burns upper arm connected with the front of Kennedy's head, he was in the air and coming up against a bloke twice his size. I don't want to downplay it cause it was a shocking tackle but there's no way it was worse than Priors.

maple_69

Bench
Burns reportedly told to look for another club. On my phone so cant be bothered to link but it was in the daily telegraph if you want to read the article. Clearing the decks for something or somrone it seems. Hope its good.

As much as I love Burns and he's probably been my favourite Panther this year, he just didn't really fit anywhere.. Im sure he'll find a club and be a great asset.

Burns reportedly told to look for another club. On my phone so cant be bothered to link but it was in the daily telegraph if you want to read the article. Clearing the decks for something or somrone it seems. Hope its good.

As much as I love Burns and he's probably been my favourite Panther this year, he just didn't really fit anywhere.. Im sure he'll find a club and be a great asset.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...new-club-in-2013/story-e6frep5x-1226434212467

franklin2323

Immortal
Clearing the decks for something or somrone it seems. Hope its good.

We still have to pay him unless the new club wants to pay 100%. Which won't happen but he was on decent coin. It gives us $200k+ for 2014. I would rather of kept him then Kingston. He offers more versatility & between him & Segeyaro we are more then covered for hookers.

WarriorDefence

Juniors
Always liked burns- deserves to go for a bit of a skate but hope he doesnt change his style too much coz it makes him what he is. hopefully next years trials count in his suspension and he can line up for round one. I'd like to see him stay at your club coz I think your in for a big year next year and he's a very handy squad member.

maple_69

Bench
We always knew one was likely to go in the next year. With Kingston being installed camptain, at least temporarily, Burns was the likely candidate.

I don't see either as a long term option. Seg should be starting hooker by 2014 regardless.

age.s

First Grade
I've always thought Burns should be given role off the bench in the backrow. I thought he did pretty well coming off the bench and playing in the forwards. It'd be a shame to let him go imo, I don't think anyone cares more about what happens on the field than Burns. You need someone like that in your side.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
I don't think anyone cares more about what happens on the field than Burns. You need someone like that in your side.

We had a heap of those kind of players, sadly they've moved on because no-one cares for them. Much like what has now happened to Burns.

Fibroman

First Grade
I love the way Burns plays the game and would have him starting at hooker in front of Kingston anyday.

He's been one of our best this year.

Deserves 6 weeks total for both offences IMO.

chrisD

Coach
I'd like to see him starting in the back row and alleviating Segeyaro of 15-20mins at hooker. I guess how the Warriors use Brown who I'd like to see exclusively second row. Hopefully we don't move him on.

murraymob

First Grade
I'd like to see him starting in the back row and alleviating Segeyaro of 15-20mins at hooker. I guess how the Warriors use Brown who I'd like to see exclusively second row. Hopefully we don't move him on.

his missed tackle count is way to high for the back row

age.s

First Grade
Exactly. Get him around 100kgs. He handles the big guys now then he wouldn't be pushed off as much.

Well he's 86 atm (according to my iphone app :p), so he'd need to put a fair bit of weight on to get that heavy. He's not a tall guy so there'd be a limit to how heavy he should get. There are backrowers in the mid 90s and Travis plays above his weight.

Kilkenny

Coach
If I was Travis Burns I would be having my manager putting the feelers out in the English Super League. The ESL is his only option of extending his career. At his age he is not going to get another contract in the NRL whereas if he leaves us a year early he may just secure a 2 or 3 year deal with one of the lower ESL clubs. He won't get huge money but better than he is getting with us and it extends his career. The current suspension hanging over his head doesnt help his cause but I think he needs to look at the ESL to extend his career.

Latest posts