What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Petition to get Hindy for 1 more year

should hindmarsh play on 1 more season

• Come back for one more run under stuart

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Retire

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

blacklock

Juniors
although im a dragons supporter... i think hindmarsh is great for the game and still delivering on the field. thought it would be good to start a petition to sway him to stay one more year.

i think under the leadership of stuart, the eels will go well next year. much rather he leave on a slightly higher note than what 2012 has offered him. atleast a semi finals spot.

what do you guys think?

Glen

Bench
He was great again tonight. It's no coincidence that Brisbane's second half roll stopped once he came back on and tackled everything in sight

Eels Dude

Coach
I'd love to see him run around again next year but I don't know about a petition. At the end of the day it's his decision as to whether he's capable to play on or retire and if he's made the decision that he doesn't think his body will hold up for another season we as fans should respect that.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Who else is out there to replace him?

Ricky should offer him a cut-down deal for 50-60 minutes a game. Use the other 20-30 to get the useless merkins used to defending without him.

I'm sure that was Kearney's plan for the last two years, and why Hindy has been off the field at times. Just that the other guys haven't stepped up to the mark.

I'm sure cut-down game time and a bit more adventure in attack would mean he would offer more in attack too.

Oh, and he shouldn't be Captain either. Time for someone else to take the lead.

a) he'd have to be on effectively no $$$$ (after taking long-term discount) and
b) it would have to be with the understanding that he might end up playing half the season at Wenty.

otherwise, I think it is time to quit while one is ahead. I love Hindy, but people are getting pretty carried away here. Have a think about who/what we are potentially giving up (losing) by re-signing him. If condition a) above holds....no biggie.

Gronk

Staff member
He has played great since origin. Before that he was pretty ordinary. I'll wait n see what's happening with Fui & Poore before I vote for him to go around again.

I think if Sticky went to Hindy and asked him for one more year to mentor some of the younger blokes, I think he'd do it. Doubt he'd approach the club himself though.

Kenny

Juniors
I heard from a very good source last weekend that it is not beyond the realms of possibility that hindmarsh will go around again next year. Can we expect a $1 contract?

hindy111

Post Whore
What about this for an option-
Let hindmarsh rest and have the first 6 weeks off.Than come back and only play him 3/4 games.They do this in the football when a guy gets older-Extends there life a little.
Hindy cant play another whole season IMO at this level but he deff can play a 65% of a season

if the bloke wants to retire then that is up to him, it is selfish of you as fans to want him to play longer than he wants to just for your own benefit.
Hindy has made his decision and it was his decision to make no one elses.
Let him go.

What about this for an option-
Let hindmarsh rest and have the first 6 weeks off.Than come back and only play him 3/4 games.They do this in the football when a guy gets older-Extends there life a little.
Hindy cant play another whole season IMO at this level but he deff can play a 65% of a season

I don't know if he'd do it if they gave him the first 6 weeks off. He's just not that kind of bloke. I think the better option would be to plan to rest him for 1 game every 5-6 games.

The trouble with giving him the first 6 weeks off is what happens if we smash it up at the start of the season (unlikely I know). There would be howls about changing a winning side.

natheel

Coach
I admit I thought he should have retired last year but he's gone up a gear this year.

I think it's thanks to the fact he is training only a certain amount a week

natheel

Coach
if the bloke wants to retire then that is up to him, it is selfish of you as fans to want him to play longer than he wants to just for your own benefit.
Hindy has made his decision and it was his decision to make no one elses.
Let him go.

That's true BUT was it his decision to retire?