What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

West Coast Pirates Bid News

LJC

Juniors
Don't forget the Saturday timeslots. They are also very appealing!
A 7.30pm game in Perth ,would be 9.30pm on the East Coast, which would be ideal as it would be live after the prior game, instead of the viewers choice scenario we sometimes have at 7.30pm. Nevertheless I'm a big fan of seeing two more additional teams over the next five years and hopefully the West Coast Pirates will be one of them. The name is a great marketing tool and will capture the imagination of the youngsters and dare I say it, us adults!LOL.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Daniel Anderson would be my choice of coach.

The WA side can't expect to win the premiership in any short period of time, thus it shouldn't be an outcome to pursue.

What you want is to be competitive with a coach who optimises talent, and establish a culture of hard work. Hopefully a no dickheads policy too.

He would be first, then I'd go after Cooper Cronk, James Graham, possibly James Tamou and Sam Tomkins. Though I'm a bit unsure about him, plundering the ESL of all its drawcards isn't good for them.

Then we can get some WA scrubs back, like Holdsworth, Green and a couple of Goodwins.

LJC

Juniors
A positive step in one sense but negative in the other!
At least Sunday evenings are on the agenda, but to continue with Monday night football is a burden I do not think the clubs nor fans should have to deal with. The clubs are not getting anywhere near the money they deserve for the staging of Monday night games! Not to mention the inconvenience for fans! To take away a Saturday game is a poor option and replace it with a Sunday game is not as user friendly as replacing the Monday night game. Once again the fans and the clubs lose out!

Goddo

Bench
^ depends on the $$$ Foxsports attaches to Monday nights in the new deal.

If they are willing to fork out lots, then there is no reason to get rid of it. However the ARLC will have to look at ways to make Mondays less unappealing to clubs.

flippikat

Bench
Daniel Anderson would be my choice of coach.

The WA side can't expect to win the premiership in any short period of time, thus it shouldn't be an outcome to pursue.

What you want is to be competitive with a coach who optimises talent, and establish a culture of hard work. Hopefully a no dickheads policy too.

Spot-on.

Daniel Anderson did pretty well at another 1-team town, and he's probably one of the best ex-coaches not currently coaching.

With Anderson given a clean slate to build the team and the culture that he wants, I think he'd get results.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I'd go Jason Taylor. Has overachieved in the opportunities he has got. 1 mistake shouldn't affect him for life.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Really I would target Brian smith to fill a role like Phil Gould at penrith. Get those structures right at the club. Then you need to find a coach that could complement that.

LJC

Juniors
Unfortunately I think the NRL is settling for 2nd best as far as leveraging the Monday night games.
If another sport that rates less(AFL with minimal Monday night games)can achieve a $1,25billion TV deal, and the NRL is warming its hands for a $1billion deal and still provides Monday night TV games to boot, I think the rugby league is selling its product very short!
This looks like happening. Once again the game has underachieved.
It's in the media companies interests to downsize what rugby league deserves from a cost point of view. The game, quite simply, has not got the friends in the right places to negotiate a worthy TV rights deal!It's an awesome product and proves it continually, but is not getting what it deserves for television rights!
If its the best rating sport,it deserves the highest amount of money for TV rights. Sounds simplistic but is a no brainer! Even the international games (ANZAC test)outrate other code internationals on free to air TV!

RedVee

First Grade
Yes, let's kill Monday nights. I only watch when my team is involved, and it is a real struggle to get to a ground in time for he earlier start.

Really I would target Brian smith to fill a role like Phil Gould at penrith. Get those structures right at the club. Then you need to find a coach that could complement that.

Or David Waite.

LJC

Juniors
Monday night games create many issues for the clubs and fans. Not only does it have the weekly planning of club preparation out of wack, it also compromises what games can be viewed on a certain on the nexct weekend!
It's a real issue but the clubs are to scared to face up to it as they see the short term value and cannot see the immense pluses of moving Monday to Sunday night games! Instead the NRL compound the problem by adding Sunday night without getting rid of the Monday night game which is causing many major issues for the competition for both clubs operation & weekly planning and fans ability to get to games!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wrong thread, you want the tv rights thread! Please try and keep posts relevant to Pirates bid, thanks.

LJC

Juniors
I'm a fan of the West Coast Pirates bid! Game playing times will be a major impact and consideration when assessing the Pirates bid for inclusion. Relevant, but yes, I should have mentioned this has relevance to the Pirates playing times and viewer choices. Apologies for not mentioining the relevance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Closing in on 3,500 supporters. We welcome fans of the game from all over the world to join our Pirates Crew. You can become a supporter for free or pay a small membership fee and receive a great Pirates membership pack with cap, RL ball and Bumper sticker.

488177_4436365986072_594508135_n.jpg

http://westcoastpirates.com.au

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see the Pirates advert being run during the ad breaks of the RL shows in WA. First time I've noticed in the top corner the warl badge with " the official bid" under it. Suck on that Sage!

Must have some good sponsors to be paying for all this advertising. I am guessing these companies are maneuvering to be first choice sponsors if we get a team.

http://westcoastpirates.com.au/video/

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mascord in this weeks RLW sees Perth as favorites and CQ as his preferred second team. Good to see us finally getting some recognition in the RL media.

Perth Red

Post Whore
268256_4446186791586_948158063_n.jpg

Show your support for NRL expansion and go into the draw to win a trip to the NRL Grandfinal!

Become a Pirate supporter for free or for just $50 ($30 Jnr) become a Pirate member and get this great membership pack featuring full size Steeden, cap and bumper sticker

488177_4436365986072_594508135_n.jpg

Join Here

BuffaloRules

Coach
Tim Sheens has been targeted as the man to coach the Perth franchise should they gain entry into an expanded NRL competition. Sunday Sin Bin can reveal the bid led by multimillionaire Tony Sage and Balmain great Ben Elias wants the Kangaroos and Wests Tigers coach at the helm for their inaugural season. The potential franchise initially earmarked Ricky Stuart but attention has turned to Sheens after the NSW coach signed with Parramatta. ''Tim Sheens would be terrific for a place like Perth,'' said Elias. ''My first choice was Ricky because he was available, but Tim Sheens would be ideal. I would definitely go for a bloke like him. I've discussed it with Tony Sage and he agrees he would be an ideal candidate.'' Sage, the Perth Glory owner, has vowed to pump $100 million over 10 years into the league venture. They are jockeying with a rival WARL bid, known as the West Coast Pirates

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ts-horizons-20120804-23mc5.html#ixzz22dzvYhmt

You are welcome to him!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha, try putting a bid together before worrying about a coach Benny!

This so smacks of desperation to get in the paper after they have been well and truly blown out of the water by the Pirates.

Last edited:

Latest posts