What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL ladder predictor

Panfas

Juniors
Now I know the chances of Penrith making the final are as remote as me playing in the NRL, but it is still good to dream. When I bring up the sentance 'we are a mathematical chance of making the finals' it is basically gaurenteed we will not make it, and rightly so.

However, just for fun, here is the ladder predictor I did on NRL.com. Mathematically, we are still a chance of the finals and the roosters can come last :D

1. Bulldogs - 38
2. South Sydney - 38
3. Melbourne - 34
4. North Qld - 32
5. Manly - 32
6. Brisbane - 30
7. Cronulla - 29
8. Penrith - 26
9. Dragons - 26
10. Warriors - 24
11. Newcastle - 24
12. Gold Coast - 24
13. Canberra - 24
14. Tigers - 24
15. Parramatta - 22
16. Roosters - 21

age.s

First Grade
My incredibly biased NRL predictor had us 8th on 26, two points ahead of the Warriors, Titans and Tigers. Parra get the spoon, 6 points behind the Raiders. :) Managing 7 straight with the Titans and Knights going arse up is where the whole thing falls down though. We're showing signs of improvement and I don't think we'll finish up with the spoon which is all I've wanted out of 2012 for a while.

Panther67

Juniors
Now I know the chances of Penrith making the final are as remote as me playing in the NRL, but it is still good to dream. When I bring up the sentance 'we are a mathematical chance of making the finals' it is basically gaurenteed we will not make it, and rightly so.

However, just for fun, here is the ladder predictor I did on NRL.com. Mathematically, we are still a chance of the finals and the roosters can come last :D

1. Bulldogs - 38
2. South Sydney - 38
3. Melbourne - 34
4. North Qld - 32
5. Manly - 32
6. Brisbane - 30
7. Cronulla - 29
8. Penrith - 26
9. Dragons - 26
10. Warriors - 24
11. Newcastle - 24
12. Gold Coast - 24
13. Canberra - 24
14. Tigers - 24
15. Parramatta - 22
16. Roosters - 21

I reckon if you swapped Penrith with Tigers it would be near-perfect. :)

Panfas

Juniors
If Penrith win next week, it is entirely possible that the Broncos stay in 8th spot on 26 points with Penrith finishing on 22 points. I doubt that the Tigpies could be the Storm so they are out.

Who would have thought we would finish just 4 points out of the 8!

maple_69

Bench
The gulf in quality though is massive. Nice to string a few wins together and see the young forwards go well, but we don't deserve to be anywhere near the finals.
I'd say 1-6 are fairly close, 7-12 a big step down and 13-16 fairly woeful.

age.s

First Grade
The gulf in quality though is massive. Nice to string a few wins together and see the young forwards go well, but we don't deserve to be anywhere near the finals.

I think 7-15 are all at similar places. All have looked like top 8 material on occasion, but none are going to be seriously challenging the top 6 and all have gone through lengthy periods of being utter trash. Remember how loudly Raider's fans were calling for Furner's head earlier in the year?

maple_69

Bench
Yeah I see your point. None of those sides really deserve to be in the finals. I just had to seperate ourselves and the Roosters in particular. At no stage have those 2 teams looked like being top 8 teams. Warriors, well they have been woefully disappointing.

Either way a 6 team finals would be absolutely fine this year.

Caged Panther

First Grade
If Penrith win next week, it is entirely possible that the Broncos stay in 8th spot on 26 points with Penrith finishing on 22 points. I doubt that the Tigpies could be the Storm so they are out.

Who would have thought we would finish just 4 points out of the 8!

More importantly we've recruited players that should allow us to win those two extra games next year.

franklin2323

Immortal

Not really. We beat Manly. Led late against Cowboys, Bulldogs, beat the Sharks. Should of beat the Tigers & Canberra. Add that to the late loss against Parra. Better team selections (the current bench over Armit, Galea and co. No Burns) and who knows where we could of finished.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah we had a few promising games early on, but I think we all knew it was going nowhere by the time we'd been slapped by 30 3 or 4 times in a row.
We've competed in games here and there but I don't think I (even as a biased fan) have felt we might be getting some momentum together at any stage of the season after round 5.

I think it will be a great effort if we can get a win next week though to close the season with 5/7. At least we'll go into the off season with some progress under the belt BEFORE the reinforcements arrive.

franklin2323

Immortal
It will also match last years 9 win season. Given the signings & kids coming through you would think that would set us up for next year. Robinson should stay as a bench impact player he's been great. Same with Weston

Latest posts