What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Test: England v South Africa at Lord's Aug 16-20, 2012

Hallatia

Referee
I fell asleep a few overs into the day, South Africa were 0/20 and I woke up at lunch and I couldn't believe the score. I didn't see the Kallis dismissal when it happened, but it seemed like an utter farce. The ship has been steadied a bit in the second session. SAfrica 151/5

I must have been knackered because I fell asleep on the floor at around 8:15. I think I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing 2 hours later and saw the score and thought what on Earth happened here. This is the first time I remember falling asleep whilst South Africa were playing, I have during intervals but never during play

Just saw the scorecard for the game. No-one seems to be able to go on and get a good score. Is the pitch a bit of a green top or are South Africa just not concentrating?

Hallatia

Referee
pitch is not overly green, movement is coming from the air more than the pitch.

I've always known Philander could bat, but this is the best I have seen him bat in a test match which is quite promising for us right now.

Hallatia

Referee
Philander needs to show the world that he can bat, when he was first brought into the side, he was called an all rounder but Steyn was batting better than him

Hallatia

Referee
Steyn and Morkel have both become handy tail order batsmen. Steyn has always had it in him, but my man Morne:ls: has been a surprise packet with his ability to hit

Hallatia

Referee
I think after that terrible morning session, I will take the fightback and 262/7 at close. Duminy's dismissal was a bit hard to take, but Philander and Steyn are batting quite well together, I just hope they can keep it up when play resumes. They are also both batting quite quickly. I think if South Africa can survive past lunch, that will be a good position especially after being 5/105. Surviving to Tea would be nothing short of phenomenal, I think making it anywhere past lunch would be good enough for me and damaging enough to England

Philander 46* overnight and Steyn 21*

Biglance

Bench
I think after that terrible morning session, I will take the fightback and 262/7 at close. Duminy's dismissal was a bit hard to take, but Philander and Steyn are batting quite well together, I just hope they can keep it up when play resumes. They are also both batting quite quickly. I think if South Africa can survive past lunch, that will be a good position especially after being 5/105. Surviving to Tea would be nothing short of phenomenal, I think making it anywhere past lunch would be good enough for me and damaging enough to England

Philander 46* overnight and Steyn 21*

Brilliant effort really by SA, i really hope they belt the poms!

Hallatia

Referee
woohoo, Morne:ls: breakthrough right before lunch, gets Strauss for 20

Lunch Day 2 England 29/1, trail by 280.

Hallatia

Referee
SAfrica well on top now after some big wickets from Steyn. England should start missing KP now, stupid helmet is now in. England 39/3, trail by 270. Superb catch from King Kallis helped dismiss Cook