What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutus

Referee
So no changes on the coverage front???

Why can't we have every game live on Fox like the flogball?

BunniesMan

Immortal
So no changes on the coverage front???

Why can't we have every game live on Fox like the flogball?
Because 'the flogball' is much better at negotiating.

They got 4 nationwide live games on FTA, every game live on pay and still got a great dollar amount.

We got a good dollar amount apparently but awful awful awful coverage.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Really wanting to see details before reacting. If it's the same as the current deal and we're still subjected to a raft of delayed games I'll be pissed off.

m0nty

Juniors
AFAIK we're still waiting on the detail, could be as expansive as the AFL deal. If I was Foxtel I wouldn't have paid the best part of $1 billion for anything less than nine live games.

BranVan3000

Coach
f**k me dead, did they take the first deal put on the table? Or say yes as soon as the dollar clicked over the billion mark?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Nine and Fox Sports retain NRL broadcast rights

Date August 21, 2012 - 10:05AM
  • 3 reading now

Brad Walter

Chief Rugby League Writer

View more articles from Brad Walter
Follow Brad on Twitter Email Brad

Channel Nine and FoxSports have retained the broadcast rights for rugby league, with details of the $1 billion, five-year deal expected to be announced later today.
As revealed yesterday by the Herald, the ARL Commission received formal bids from all the major networks on Friday and the negotiating committee led bu chairman John Grant has been meeting since.
Sources have confirmed that the Ten and Seven networks were informed this morning that they had missed out.
The Herald was told that FoxSports will pay $100 million per year, with Nine to pay $80 million.
Advertisement
With the New Zealand television rights also being negotiated, it is understood the deal will be worth more than $1 billion.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tain-nrl-broadcast-rights-20120821-24jdg.html

Nine and Fox Sports retain NRL broadcast rights

Date
August 21, 2012 - 10:05AM

Brad Walter

Channel Nine and FoxSports have retained the broadcast rights for rugby league, with details of the $1 billion, five-year deal expected to be announced later today.

As revealed yesterday by the Herald, the ARL Commission received formal bids from all the major networks on Friday and the negotiating committee led bu chairman John Grant has been meeting since.

Sources have confirmed that the Ten and Seven networks were informed this morning that they had missed out.

The Herald was told that FoxSports will pay $100 million per year, with Nine to pay $80 million.
Advertisement

With the New Zealand television rights also being negotiated, it is understood the deal will be worth more than $1 billion.

m0nty

Juniors
A little more detail from the Herald story:

So NZ is not included.

Mr Saab

Referee
Firstly, the "1 billion plus" is how much 9 and Fox are paying combined. Secondly, 7 did basically that for AFL.

4 live FTA games. Every game live on Fox. The AFL got that, it meant more coverage on both FTA and pay tv, and there is no reason the NRL can't get that.

I know all that, but we are talking channel Nine here...not seven.
Channel 9 are merkins of the highest order

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fox 100m a year.
9 80m a year.
NZ approx 20m a year.

1 billion.

Like I said, the dollar amount is fine. But the coverage has to be much better than what the rumours are suggesting before I'm satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts