What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The T.V Rights Thread Part III

How much will the Total Broadcast Rights Deal be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc155776

Coach
Fox Sports News now talking about the deal.

Live Sunday night game for 13 rounds of the season.

Super Saturday and MNF remain.

Awesome.

Another scheduled game that will f**k with crowds and the clubs.

GOOD JOB ARLC you bunch of f**king useless merkins.

m0nty

Juniors
FSN only ended up talking about it for a minute, but they put up a graphic with text.

FIVE LIVE GAMES ON FOX SPORTS
& DIGITAL RIGHTS FOR FIVE GAMES

INTRODUCTION OF LIVE SUNDAY NIGHT GAME
FOR 13 ROUNDS OF THE SEASON

SUPER SATURDAY & MONDAY NIGHT FOOTY REMAIN
ALL IN HD WITH NO AD BREAKS IN PLAY

So maybe there won't be a Fox League channel?

Generalzod

Immortal
So much for the independent commission baloney...I wonder if other network had a fair go at getting these so call rights to the game.

i hope they do away with the 2nd friday night game and move it to Saturday arvo, living in NSW and working saturday morning the only way i see the broncos play is when it's on Foxsports.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow ! I didn't see that coming - thought our tv experts led by Doc Brown were on the money & that a change was a certainty.

As others have said, waiting for the specific details though before making a final judgement.

Doc - when you know the details of the new deal, would like to hear your thoughts on what happened.
Anyone who suggested that is far from an expert.

A couple months back I suggested if I was a bookie I'd have 9 at about $1.40 and 7 and 10 at about $8. Incumbency is incredibly powerful in this situation.

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes. The news that Kerry Stokes is about to throw major cash at the game is a disaster.

Should have stuck with Ruperts plan of Canterbury, Penrith and Cronulla representing all of NSW, right Moffo?

You dickhead :lol::lol:

docbrown

Coach
Doc - when you know the details of the new deal, would like to hear your thoughts on what happened.

The press conference is at 11am.

I hear that Fox threatened to reduce its part of the deal if 7 won the F2A rights as they're trying to block a 7 buyout.

BranVan3000

Coach
The press conference is at 11am.

I hear that Fox threatened to reduce its part of the deal if 7 won the F2A rights as they're trying to block a 7 buyout.

Wow, reduce is pitiful 100 mill? Scary

As usual the administrators of this game have absolutely no backbone

Brutus

Referee
I cannot believe the coverage will stay the same.

What a friggin joke. The Sunday night stuff will only further impact on crowds.

Springs

First Grade
Have they said what game will be deleted for the Sunday Night game? The simple answer would be a Saturday game, but they have said Super Saturday and Monday Night will remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.